Maybe this is just me but did the calculator app get updated with new features? (tip calculator, scientific, and unit converter)
    That's always been there. For the last 2 years using 42's calendar.
    10-03-12 02:40 PM
    Side by side comparison.

Boot times: almost identical and both just under 3 minutes. They are not identical machines so that may account for a few seconds difference.

Portrait email now on new OS.

Not much different. Don't sideload apps so I can't tell.
    cymrupl1 likes this.
    10-03-12 02:46 PM
    I see two issues with the Bridge SMS:
    1. Wait cursor displays all the time. This is in error; the app is usable despite the erroneous cursor.
    2. Conversations appear in no logical order; not alphabetically by name, not alphabetically by phone number, and not (reverse) chronologically by last message timestamp.

If my experience is representative of everyone else's, then this is quite a half-baked UI.
    I too am having the issue with the wait symbol showing continuously in the SMS app, also, the new SMS notifier is constantly on.

I've rebooted a few times and tried re-pairing but to no avail.

Russ.
    10-03-12 02:47 PM
    My camera works fine.
    mine does too
    10-03-12 02:47 PM
    OK. This thread is growing fast enough that I'm not going back to read everything to make sure I'm not repeating anything.

1) I'm not seeing anything in this build that deals with SMS. Email is there, likewise bbm contact messages.

2) Sideloading Android apps is still there.

3) It took several restarts before the Android stuff would behave. Unfortunately, Olivetree's Biblereader does nothing but crash -- my most used app. I've tried the version from AppWorld, the one at goodereader.com. There is a newer version in Google Play. But, if I can't find a way to get it to work, I may go back to OS 2.0.1.
    Great, I didn't know we could get Olive Tree.....Thanks.....YEY
    10-03-12 02:50 PM
    same here all contacts have disapeared, my only issue.
    10-03-12 02:50 PM
    For everyone else that is stuck at work (like me)...don't forget that you have wifi hotspot if you have a 7.1 device. I downloaded 2.1 via my 9930!
    u still have to sign up for tethering with ur carrier though, right?
    10-03-12 02:57 PM
    I can take a picture with the camera, but the screen capture using the volume +- keys doesn't work.
    Camera works fine for me. So does screen capture.
    10-03-12 02:58 PM
    Has anyone side loaded skype yet?
    10-03-12 02:58 PM
    yea... doesnt work...
    10-03-12 03:02 PM
    Yes,
    Side -Loaded when using 2.1 Beta.
    Stupid app want to know a phone number to use when RECEIVING calls. As such, clearly for phones - not optimised for the tablet.
    Had a look, but if its looking for a phone number and video is not there - there's not much point trying to use it.

TR
    polytan02 likes this.
    10-03-12 03:04 PM
    Here is something I just noticed but not sure if it is 2.1 related.

Place the PlayBook in portrait mode and lock.
    Load up the CB blog app.
    You will notice that the CB blog app only opens in landscape more.
    Close the CB app and now you are in locked landscape mode.
    10-03-12 03:04 PM
    Pictures taken with the camera app and screenshots are showing up in All Pictures but not in Camera Pictures.
    mine from camera and screen shot showed up in camera but at the end of the page not the top where I think they use to go
    10-03-12 03:16 PM
    mine from camera and screen shot showed up in camera but at the end of the page not the top where I think they use to go
    i think thats the filename-issue posted here already....
    10-03-12 03:18 PM
    OK. This thread is growing fast enough that I'm not going back to read everything to make sure I'm not repeating anything.

1) I'm not seeing anything in this build that deals with SMS. Email is there, likewise bbm contact messages.

2) Sideloading Android apps is still there.

3) It took several restarts before the Android stuff would behave. Unfortunately, Olivetree's Biblereader does nothing but crash -- my most used app. I've tried the version from AppWorld, the one at goodereader.com. There is a newer version in Google Play. But, if I can't find a way to get it to work, I may go back to OS 2.0.1.
    I am VERY disappointed that Olive Tree is not working! I bought the KJV with Strong's to go along with it for $7 or so...not a lot of money, but it is the principle of the matter.
    10-03-12 03:20 PM
    Flipboard ran very poorly even after a couple of reboots. Slow, unresponsive to gestures etc, then it froze completely and the playbook rebooted on its own. Now running Flipboard again and it's smooth, very responsive, like night and day from first attempts.
    10-03-12 03:20 PM
    Would those complaining about being unable to message in Facebook please clarify: does this occur only when using the Facebook App or does it also occur if you go to Facebook using your browser and logging in?
    Only when using the Facebook app. Browser works fine.
    pickles#WP likes this.
    10-03-12 03:27 PM
    I too am having the issue with the wait symbol showing continuously in the SMS app, also, the new SMS notifier is constantly on.

I've rebooted a few times and tried re-pairing but to no avail.

Russ.
    I neglected to list the constantly-displayed notifier icon as well; thanks for being thorough.
    Last edited by cletis; 10-03-12 at 03:44 PM.
    10-03-12 03:27 PM
    After 2.1 update i found:
    -Bridge works faster
    -Browser is faster
    -portrait messages, calendar and contacts (i didnt lose any appoiment on my calendar, contacts i have to edit them again)
    -wifi sharing is WAY better, before the update if playbook was sleeping i cant connect, now i can access my pb files without move, or open something with internet on my playbook (Great feature for me!!!)
    -Android apps works in diferent windows.

Ill keep looking for new features.

btw: what happen with the file explorer, i tough they had fixedit

Happy with my playbook! in love with my playbook. Peace!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 03:29 PM
    Yes,
    Side -Loaded when using 2.1 Beta.
    Stupid app want to know a phone number to use when RECEIVING calls. As such, clearly for phones - not optimised for the tablet.
    Had a look, but if its looking for a phone number and video is not there - there's not much point trying to use it.

TR
    A lot of people just use Skype as an IM app and don't care about the phone calls.
    10-03-12 03:30 PM
    What's going on with the native camera app, still getting error .4003?!?!?
    10-03-12 03:31 PM
    Getting error. 4003 when using camera....what's the issue?
    10-03-12 03:34 PM
    Same problem with camera ...show pics in all pictures folder ,no in camera pictures.
    10-03-12 03:40 PM
    On the virtual keyboard, holding a lot of the keys gives pop up of addition characters. I don't remember noticing these in the beta.
    Here are a few
    a � � � � � � �
    c � �
    d �
    e � � � �
    t � �
    10-03-12 03:41 PM
    What's going on with the native camera app, still getting error .4003?!?!?
    When I got that error I ended up having to ship my playbook to RIM to get fixed.
    mrufhayes likes this.
    10-03-12 03:41 PM
926 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD