I have the same app world... how do I update app world... I seen pics of what I'm supposed to have... uuuugh.... I'm on a 16gig...I know its andiscontinued device but rim wouldn't forget about us 16gigers...
    Same operating system, so definitely not

And STILL no Asian language support. RIM is so behind.
    It'll be there by BB10
    10-03-12 01:08 PM
    I initially had a problem with my emails not showing up but eventually they all arrived OK.
    10-03-12 01:09 PM
    official RIM facebook app bug still exists, try to check messages and you get 'an unrecoverable error has occured. please restart facebook'
    When did that bug start?
    10-03-12 01:10 PM
    anyone getting a constant loading green circle on the bridge text. it wont go away and it just always stays there going around and around.

2.1.0.1032 fixes and bugs, share your findings here!-air_20121026_00000.jpg
    Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 10-26-12 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added picture
    10-03-12 01:10 PM
    Don't worry, Tha, you are not being forgotten. It is the same OS as everyone else.
    10-03-12 01:11 PM
    I have the same app world... how do I update app world... I seen pics of what I'm supposed to have... uuuugh.... I'm on a 16gig...I know its andiscontinued device but rim wouldn't forget about us 16gigers...
    Here is what I have on my 16G. Do you have something different? Whatever the case, it has nothing to do with the memory size.
    10-03-12 01:11 PM
    I have the same app world... how do I update app world... I seen pics of what I'm supposed to have... uuuugh.... I'm on a 16gig...I know its a discontinued device but rim wouldn't forget about us 16gigers...
    It won't be anything to do with your memory size. I too have a 16GB and my AppWorld had the new look thanks to the 2.0 update.

My problem seems to be something to do with the AppWorld server. When I click on AppWorld I get the loading circle. Ut lags so I press 'My World' which brings up my list of apps. I then click on 'Featured' and it brings up the old look AppWorld. Strange. This wasn't an issue in the 2.1 Dev release.
    10-03-12 01:12 PM
    When I get home, I will compare my new Playbook with OS 2.1 to the one I updated at work to see what I can see has changed.
    @crazyJoe - Launch Flipboard in portrait mode and it works perfectly. Also, to suggest that rim should be "laser focused" on getting your side-loaded android apps working flawlessly is a little off the mark.
    it looks like my facebook account isn't working at all. I get an error saying no rpc service or something like that.
    official RIM facebook app bug still exists, try to check messages and you get 'an unrecoverable error has occured. please restart facebook'
    I am not having any issues with Facebook.
    10-03-12 01:14 PM
    @crazyJoe - Launch Flipboard in portrait mode and it works perfectly. Also, to suggest that rim should be "laser focused" on getting your side-loaded android apps working flawlessly is a little off the mark.
    Thanks, that seems to work better.

You mistook me - I don't think they should be focused on getting side-loaded android apps to work flawlessly; I meant they should make the whole device and OS work flawlessly, of which sideloading android apps is a feature... There is a difference in the interpretation.

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    10-03-12 01:16 PM
    Any hope for

Netflix

Or

Skype??

Many thanks
    10-03-12 01:19 PM
    This update fracked up rotation lock for Flipboard (android port). Flipboard is rotation locked to portrait mode (there is no option to change it, it's hard coded that way). The main interface still works fine; but when opening an article to read the full version, now instead of the article opening quickly like it used to in portrait mode, the screen does 2 or 3 dipsy-do flips to landscape mode, back to portrait mode, landscape mode, and then opens the article in the portrait mode window. And I can't even fix it by setting portrait mode lock to on from the main settings bar. Bloody irritating!

Why is it so difficult for RIM to get anything right??? Laser focus on quality my a$$!

The REAL Joe
    Yeah, so your hacked app behaves weird so it's RIM's fault...

I wish RIM would have blocked sideloading only to get rid of all the whinners bashing RIM for not supporting UNsupported apps...

I meant they should make the whole device and OS work flawlessly, of which sideloading android apps is a feature...
    It's not... never was, never will be...
    10-03-12 01:19 PM
    So, after 3 reboots, still none of my app work...

Nor sideloaded, nor from App World...
    10-03-12 01:21 PM
    yep....I updated this morning. Bridge and Playbook. I am literally having NONE of the issues that anyone else is having....

Facebook...works like a charm.
    Messaging in Facebook.....works like a charm.
    Bridge Icons...SMS in bridge....all working perfectly.

Browser seems snappy (as usual)

Batter drain is questionable, but only because where I am I can't get a GPS signal? (not even sure if there is a way to turn the GPS off...never really considered it)

I am pleased as punch.

I do find it funny that people are complaining about side loaded programs. What part of side loaded indicates that it is even to be considered for testing by RIM before deploying this OS? Petty to say the least....
    10-03-12 01:23 PM
    How can anyone comment on battery llife when the update has only been out for a few hours? A true battery life evaluation takes at least a week.
    Battery Guru shows power, which is the rate of energy consumption. If the standby power is twice what it was before the upgrade, I don't need to wait "at least a week".

That's like saying, "If you turn on twice as many lights in your house, you'll need to wait until your next monthly electric bill to see the effect on your pocketbook."
    10-03-12 01:23 PM
    Same thing happened here, all my emails are gone too.
    All my dr appointments and Facebook birthdays no longer show up.
    10-03-12 01:24 PM
    Kobo comes with the PB, so why would you need a BAR?
    Because the native Kobo app for the PB is severely lacking in features as compared to the Android port. Social features aside that've been added, the Android version offers a cleaner look for the book layout on the initial screen, more reading options within the book, and generally feels more natural for reading than the native app.

Sadly, it seems Kobo was only concerned with a minor maintenance update way back in Nov of last year that did/didn't fix issues we were all having. Thus the switch to BAR for us.
    10-03-12 01:25 PM
    At first I thought that the screenshot function doesn't work anymore, because usually a picture taken like that or a picture taken with the camera show up on top if the list and folder and also seems to update the folder thumbnail. Now it just puts those randomly somwehere in the camera folder and the thumbnail never updates.
    10-03-12 01:27 PM
    The whole downloading, install & reboot process took only 35 minutes and everything is working. It kept all my settings, media files, etc.

While running the PB update, I also upgraded BB Bridge on my 9860.

I agree the whole system seems smoother and faster.

Twitter works fine.

Texting now works on the PB over the bridge, but I agree with others who say the lack of "mms" (i.e., the ability to send/receive/view pictures attached to text messages) over the bridge is a much needed upgrade. I notice that on my BB phone, if I send a picture over sms, the picture is viewable from inside the sent text message. But if I send a picture over BBM, I cannot view that picture later from inside BBM. So there are still a few hokey things like that dogging the software gurus at RIM. Hopefully these "minor" hiccups will be sorted out when BB10 rolls out.
    10-03-12 01:30 PM
    Regarding Zinio many of us were having trouble getting National Geographic. It looks like this update has corrected that problem.
    10-03-12 01:31 PM
    After a couple of restarts, looks like the boot time has been decreased to 1:30
    10-03-12 01:33 PM
    I just recently got a 64gb PlayBook. Just yesterday, I did the work around to get my Gmail Canadian Holidays and Moon Phases calendars to work with my PlayBook.

After doing the new update today, only my main Gmail calendar is on my PlayBook (but all my Gmail calendars still work on my Android phone). My Facebook calendar says it's still there, but all the birthdays are completely gone.

I tried removing and re-adding my Gmail account to the PlayBook, but I can't get the other calendars to work again. I'm really sad my calendars are gone. I spent two full days trying to figure out how to get all my Google calendars on my PlayBook.
    10-03-12 01:35 PM
    Definitely not charging via usb connection to pc. Seems like the usb connection is 'iffy', going to do some testing.

Yes I have rebooted multiple times.

Update: Might be just more draw from the device then the usb can provide. Going to try a standby mode test to see if it ups the battery

Second update: Yeah looks like I have more draw while running then the usb charging can keep up with. Standby charging worked.
    Last edited by undone; 10-03-12 at 02:00 PM. Reason: additional info
    10-03-12 01:36 PM
926 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD