I have no SMS either. And the function is checked like you said. I rebooted the PB now, hope that helps...
    Do you have the latest version of BlackBerry Bridge? 2.1.0.26?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 12:28 PM
    This update fracked up rotation lock for Flipboard (android port). Flipboard is rotation locked to portrait mode (there is no option to change it, it's hard coded that way). The main interface still works fine; but when opening an article to read the full version, now instead of the article opening quickly like it used to in portrait mode, the screen does 2 or 3 dipsy-do flips to landscape mode, back to portrait mode, landscape mode, and then opens the article in the portrait mode window. And I can't even fix it by setting portrait mode lock to on from the main settings bar. Bloody irritating!

Why is it so difficult for RIM to get anything right??? Laser focus on quality my a$$!

The REAL Joe
    Last edited by therealjoeblow; 10-03-12 at 12:32 PM.
    10-03-12 12:29 PM
    I see two issues with the Bridge SMS:
    1. Wait cursor displays all the time. This is in error; the app is usable despite the erroneous cursor. Do you mean the icon looks locked? If so mine is the same way.
    2. Conversations appear in no logical order; not alphabetically by name, not alphabetically by phone number, and not (reverse) chronologically by last message timestamp.
    My SMS conversations match the phone exactly. The current/last message at the top.
    If my experience is representative of everyone else's, then this is quite a half-baked UI.
    I would not classify it as half-baked.
    10-03-12 12:29 PM
    This update fracked up rotation lock for Flipboard (android port). Flipboard is rotation locked to portrait mode (there is no option to change it, it's hard coded that way). The main interface still works fine; but when opening an article to read the full version, now instead of the article opening quickly like it used to in portrait mode, the screen does 2 or 3 dipsy-do flips to landscape mode, back to portrait mode, landscape mode, and then opens the article in the portrait mode window. Bloody irritating.

Why is it so difficult for RIM to get anything right??? Laser focus on quality my a$$!

The REAL Joe
    It's a sideloaded app. Think we should be happy that it even works.
    rjedge54 and slotime like this.
    10-03-12 12:31 PM
    327mb here in Portugal.

Prev OS : .668.
    10-03-12 12:31 PM
    I was running 2.1.0.840 Beta only a week or so and the update was 400+mb.

Here are my issues so far:

Bridge icons work but showed locked.. [SNIP]
    Do a hard reboot and a battery pull on your phone. I noticed the same thing after the update reboot. The icons showed as locked, but they were working.
    10-03-12 12:32 PM
    it looks like my facebook account isn't working at all. I get an error saying no rpc service or something like that.
    10-03-12 12:35 PM
    Updated Bridge (thanks rroyy!!) and PB this morning. For the most part all is working well. Though I have found one issue I haven't seen reported . . . or maybe it's just me. In the Facebook app, whenever I attempt to use the "messages" function it causes "An unrecoverable error has occurred. Please restart Facebook." Happens every time. Not a major issue, but it is an issue.
    10-03-12 12:36 PM
    I noticed that memory usage is lower than 2.0. I have 3 tabs opened (mobilesyrup, crackberry forums and youtube), android irc app and score mobile with 230mb of ram left. It seems to be better optimized and uses less memory which has is a good thing meaning we can have more apps opened.
    10-03-12 12:37 PM
    It's a sideloaded app. Think we should be happy that it even works.
    It worked fine before. Now it works worse.

And RIM's real main reason for including the Android player was to help dig themselves out of the Appworld mess that is likely going to be their undoing - very few people want a device ecosystem with a poor app selection. The Android player was supposed to be RIM's way of getting developers to 'officially' port their apps over with little effort and open a whole new world of apps to RIM, saving their bacon.

How interested do you really think Android developers are going to be in doing that if every step forward that RIM thinks they are taking ends by being 2 steps back as far as everyone else sees it? I can tell you from personal conversations I've had with at least 3 Android developers this week they don't have any interest in this kind of BS.

And as a loyal user supposed to be waiting on BB10 to fix all this mess, I can tell you my patience is running *very* thin, and stuff like this is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back!

The REAL Joe
    10-03-12 12:37 PM
    Also have this problem and have Bridge v.2.0.0.35
    update bridge on your phone current is 2.1.0.26
    10-03-12 12:38 PM
    Downloading like a charm only on 2 bars Wifi!

Less than 5min to step 1 eheh
    10-03-12 12:39 PM
    It worked fine before. Now it works worse.

And RIM's real main reason for including the Android player was to help dig themselves out of the Appworld mess that is likely going to be their undoing - very few people want a device ecosystem with a poor app selection. The Android player was supposed to be RIM's way of getting developers to 'officially' port their apps over with little effort and open a whole new world of apps to RIM, saving their bacon.

How interested do you really think Android developers are going to be in doing that if every step forward that RIM thinks they are taking ends by being 2 steps back as far as everyone else sees it? I can tell you from personal conversations I've had with at least 3 Android developers this week they don't have any interest in this kind of BS.

And as a loyal user supposed to be waiting on BB10 to fix all this mess, I can tell you my patience is running *very* thin, and stuff like this is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back!

The REAL Joe
    If it is a sideloaded app - It means it hasn't been 'ported' correctly to ensure bugs like you mention don't occur. Ultimately by sideloading you're bypassing quality control... and things like this will happen. Jeeez.
    10-03-12 12:47 PM
    I have found one issue I haven't seen reported . . . or maybe it's just me. In the Facebook app, whenever I attempt to use the "messages" function it causes "An unrecoverable error has occurred. Please restart Facebook." Happens every time. Not a major issue, but it is an issue.
    I just checked and it does that on mine too. I don't use FaceBook, so its not a problem. I also updated my son's PlayBook so it could be a problem there.

Even before I found out about this FaceBook bug, I had decided to do a security wipe and software reload on my son's PlayBook to make sure he gets a clean transition to 2.1. It is just in the process of restoring his data. I will check the FaceBook app once the restore is finished in case the security wipe and debrick may prevent this problem.
    10-03-12 12:48 PM
    im noticing a faster battery drain. not sure why. i was just using it normally but it went from 100 to 95 much faster than it usually does. ill come back later and update this later when i get a better idea
    10-03-12 12:51 PM
    The Facebook calendar synch doesn't work anymore
    At first, one event was synched but no birthdays, which are shown correctly in the contacts app. After rebooting, deleting and readding my Facebook account, no calendar entry is synched at all.
    10-03-12 12:53 PM
    I've noticed that the browser run sluggish when zoomed in, such as double tap on texts to zoom in on them. Scrolling frame rates drop more and more as you zoom in. It wasn't like that on 2.0. But the Page load when zooming out responses are much more snappier. I hope they fix the zooming in part.

Also twitter crashes every time I click on icon.
    10-03-12 01:00 PM
    Battery Guru reports 0.1 watts on standby for 2.1.0.1032. Standby on 2.0 showed only 0.05 watts. This might mean the battery could drain double as fast on standby under 2.1
    10-03-12 01:00 PM
    How can anyone comment on battery llife when the update has only been out for a few hours? A true battery life evaluation takes at least a week.
    sophace and vag65 like this.
    10-03-12 01:01 PM
    Hey guys - am I the only one that caught this??? WE HAVE FULL FOLDER AND SUB-FOLDER SUPPORT FOR IMAP EMAIL ACCOUNTS NOW!!! WooOOOoooO HoooOOOooo!!!!!
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    10-03-12 01:02 PM
    Just noticed...my AppWorld has 'rolled-back' to the old style before it's UI Update? It's back to the single slider carousel?
    10-03-12 01:03 PM
    I have the same app world... how do I update app world... I seen pics of what I'm supposed to have... uuuugh.... I'm on a 16gig...I know its andiscontinued device but rim wouldn't forget about us 16gigers...
    10-03-12 01:04 PM
    Who else have problems with sms, in terms of having only names in contact list with no numbers and less contacts then in address book (here are only 416 contacts, even I have 447 on BB)? See attachment.
    Last edited by babaroga; 10-03-12 at 01:10 PM.
    10-03-12 01:05 PM
    And STILL no Asian language support. RIM is so behind.
    10-03-12 01:06 PM
    official RIM facebook app bug still exists, try to check messages and you get 'an unrecoverable error has occured. please restart facebook'
    10-03-12 01:07 PM
926 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD