This is extremely early, but preliminarily. I am noticing much less battery drain.
    10-03-12 11:54 AM
    Not a WOW update but welcomed in any case.

Disappointed the email app has not been beefed up to at least delete multiple email at once.
    Drag down from the top of the screen...select the 'Selection' Icon - Select the emails you want to delete. Voila.
    10-03-12 11:54 AM
    I can't seem to find how to get SMS messages to show up on the PlayBook. What am I missing/doing wrong?

edit:
    Nevermind. I went into App World and see there's a version 2.1 of Bridge available now. Hopefully that has the option.
    Last edited by tayl0rd; 10-03-12 at 11:57 AM.
    10-03-12 11:55 AM
    As I dont use Bridge the only thing I have noticed (yes I know I havent read through the last 10 pages cos life is too short) is the incoming message alert noise sounds different.

Well that's that all over till late 2013. I guess posts in the Playbook section of the forum will drop 25%+ by the end of the week.
    10-03-12 11:55 AM
    Just ran the upgrade on my PlayBook and also upgraded the Bridge app on my 9930. On my PlayBook "Text Messages" under BlackBerry Bridge does not have an icon, just the text. When I click it I get an all white screen with "Not Found" in the upper left hand corner.

Any ideas?

Mike
    10-03-12 11:56 AM
    Screen Timeout still not fixed for Android apps. Trying to use my PB as a GPS is very difficult when I have to have the app minimized beside BedBuzz to keep the screen on. GRRRRRRR
    10-03-12 11:56 AM

Disappointed the email app has not been beefed up to at least delete multiple email at once.
    I second that...was hoping for email groups too.
    10-03-12 11:57 AM

Multiple email delete capability has been available since they integrated a native email client. Where've you been?
    Ben Bubble, Dr.Deebs and RicThot like this.
    10-03-12 12:00 PM
    Go into the Bridge App on the phone, select the tablet and select which items to share on Bridge. Text messages is near the end of the list.
    I can't seem to find how to get SMS messages to show up on the PlayBook. What am I missing/doing wrong?

edit:
    Nevermind. I went into App World and see there's a version 2.1 of Bridge available now. Hopefully that has the option.
    Answered in post 271 by rodsteve.
    10-03-12 12:01 PM
    10-03-12 12:02 PM
    Is it just me or has the new OS/bridge combo allowed for use of bridge apps on the PlayBook by unlocking one's phone from the PlayBook only (that is previously I often had to unlock from the phone separately if its security timeout had passed)? If so I am very happy and will use bridge much more!
    chiniki and mzceetee like this.
    10-03-12 12:05 PM
    I see two issues with the Bridge SMS:
    1. Wait cursor displays all the time. This is in error; the app is usable despite the erroneous cursor.
    2. Conversations appear in no logical order; not alphabetically by name, not alphabetically by phone number, and not (reverse) chronologically by last message timestamp.

If my experience is representative of everyone else's, then this is quite a half-baked UI.
    10-03-12 12:09 PM
    Seems that i also lost my calendar appointments which were created and stored on the PlayBook, and not through one of my e-mail accounts, which is annoying. My yahoo account has been separated in the Accounts tab in the settings. Now i have 1 account from which contacts are downloaded and one for e-mails. My other accounts are still joined together like Exchange shows Email,Calendar,Contacts all under one account. All in all seems better. Had it only for 1 hour, so further testing is planned I updated from .668 with 333MB. If anyone has ideas of how to restore calendar entries, please share your knowledge with us

Forgot to add, on .668 right after restart i had 540mb free ram, now i have 640, that's quite a boost
    Last edited by Bling_Bling; 10-03-12 at 12:32 PM.
    10-03-12 12:12 PM
    Native youtube, 720hd and 480p stops playi g after 2-3 seconds. 360p and 240p ok

Anyone experience this?? I came from 840 and not a problem before plahing all youtube videos
    10-03-12 12:12 PM
    My latest sms message was all the way on the bottom. Everything seems to be working perfectly so far. I have noticed that my battery is lasting a lot longer than previously. I guess time will tell if there are any other issues.
    10-03-12 12:14 PM
    Seems my native address book is all screwy, missing a lot of profile pics, and Facebook entries.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk
    10-03-12 12:15 PM
    Just ran the upgrade on my PlayBook and also upgraded the Bridge app on my 9930. On my PlayBook "Text Messages" under BlackBerry Bridge does not have an icon, just the text. When I click it I get an all white screen with "Not Found" in the upper left hand corner.

Any ideas?

Mike
    reboot your pb
    10-03-12 12:16 PM
    Does anybody else have this issue with their SMS Bridge?

I have a contact with a phone number "1 (222) 333-4444" and I can send messages with that but when they send a message back it shows up in a different conversation with the number "+12223334444".
    Figured it out. If you put the + in front of your phone number (example from above "+1 (222) 333-4444") then it rolls it up nicely.

Other than than. Really enjoying texting on Bridge.
    10-03-12 12:17 PM
    The duplicate email when connected to an exchange account seems to be resolved.
    jem9777 likes this.
    10-03-12 12:20 PM
    Camera not working, screen shot not working, calendar now blank, most of my contacts are gone.

I'll reboot in a minute.
    Integration with blackberry bluetooth keyboard seems improved, doesn't lose focus as often, can use my finger to move focus to a text box on screen then start typing immediately on the keyboard.
    Go into the Bridge App on the phone, select the tablet and select which items to share on Bridge. Text messages is near the end of the list.
    I have no SMS either. And the function is checked like you said. I rebooted the PB now, hope that helps...

EDIT: Reboot Helps!
    Last edited by Jonathan-Archer; 10-03-12 at 12:31 PM.
    10-03-12 12:21 PM
    Email still doesn't prompt when deleting messages to ask if you want to leave a copy on the server...
    10-03-12 12:22 PM
    I was running 2.1.0.840 Beta only a week or so and the update was 400+mb.

Here are my issues so far:

Bridge icons work but showed locked

BeWeatherHD runs and shows all information without screen animations.

Twitter crashes the browser

On the positive side:

All apps tested so far seem to load and run a lot quicker

I love the SMS feature!
    10-03-12 12:24 PM
    I got 388MB in the UK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 12:25 PM
926 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD