Can someone please test whether the Active Sync multiple email bug has been fixed with this update?
    While connected to a work exchange server via active sync, email sent from a playbook is sometimes sent 2 or 3 times. I heard that it's supposed to be fixed in 2.1, but I haven't read anything about that specific problem being resolved.
    Looks like they fixed this... i can send emails no problem now.
    10-03-12 11:31 AM
    It took several reboots and about an hour or more in all to get the PB running well again. A very odd kind of process but it seems alright. Apps slow to open on first try. Hopefully that will speed up. Nice to have multiple android windows available.
    10-03-12 11:34 AM
    Hi all, I just completed the upgrade and the sms feature is missing, am I missing something??
    BB bridge indicated txt msgs.....had 11 conversations all tagged with the wrong contact...could not delete from playbook....deleted the 11 conversations from my 9800...now no conversations left on playbook, but the icon indicating txt msgs will not go away...anyone else having this issue....
    Update: tried battery pull on 9800...restarted playbook....icon still indicating txt msg....
    I'm having the same problem...
    Updated from beta version after an hard reset. Everything runs great and smooth so far. Sideloading of new apps ok. System seems very responsive, and maybe apps load a bit faster then before.

Battery seems to behave really good by now.

The only "bug" i've found is that facebook birthdays doesn't show up in the calendar.
    What specifically sucks about it? That you have to Bridge in order to do it? They seem to work well for me.
    go create a text where for a few recipients and you have many contacts - then you'll find out.

oh and then you need to add someone else to a text before you send it - how do you do that then?

basic basic already on the phone functions that have been missed out on the pb.
    10-03-12 11:35 AM
    I dare say, bridge browsing has become pretty snappy!

Now all we need is whatsapp bridge and my phone will be permanently in my pocket

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 11:35 AM
    Confirmed: Sideloading new android apps still works. Just did it ota using the Chrome playbook app manager - installed new copy of greaderpro just to check this function.

Not tried through DDPB, don't have a windows machine, however I presume if ota is working fine through Chrome I can't see that DDPB or VUtils won't work.

Edit: only difference I spotted when launching a sideloaded android app was that rather than just starting up in runtime it brought up the notification of the app wanting to access things - same as you get with native apps. I have no clue if this was how it appeared in the betas, but not seen this before. Suggests greater integration of android runtime with the QNX system of PB OS 2.1 to me.
    Never knew about that app in Chrome - Thanks. Sideloading via DDPB still works fine.
    xeju likes this.
    10-03-12 11:37 AM
    I was hoping 2.1 would fix the poor native email support- losing connections with exchange and gmail.

2.1 wiped my existing email from the device (no big deal, it hadnt updated in over a week).

Setup is a bear, it is only letting me do this via bluetooth - and will fail if connecting via wifi.

Still working on it... slowly. frustratingly.
    delete and recreate your wifi connection
    I don't have SMS either. I must be doing something wrong?
    Last edited by modine; 10-03-12 at 11:39 AM.
    I haven't noticed anything that makes me go "wow, this is amazing" - seems like its the same old stuff but perhaps with a bit more pep to it.

I'm going to try the new Print to Go thing when I get to work to see if I can, in fact, print to go to my Playbook even though its on a different network compared. If that actually has been enabled, I'll be quite happy.

About the only thing that I'm not happy with - which is more of a philosophical position - is inapp payments for Android for games. I detest this business model; just charge me the true price of the game and let me play it instead of offering the game for "free"; and then charging me 1.99 if I want to move my character one step to the right; and 2.99 if i want to move my character two steps to the left.
    One of the only things that I really don't get is why you can't use PrintToGo over bridge. Is this working now?
    10-03-12 11:38 AM
    Hi all, I just completed the upgrade and the sms feature is missing, am I missing something??
    You updated the bridge on your BB correct?
    10-03-12 11:38 AM
    I forgot, does not charge when connected to PC.

Time we face the truth, RIM is a mess.
    That seems fair; you report experiencing a problem which nobody else (so far as I have read) is reporting. Ergo, RIM is a mess. Makes sense.
    bquinney, Toodeurep, si001 and 3 others like this.
    10-03-12 11:42 AM
    Just updated.. The native apps seemed to load very slowly at first start.. But subsequrntly they are back to normal..
    I've updated from the 2.1 beta so not many findings yet..
    10-03-12 11:43 AM
    facebook calendar event won't sync... anyone has experience this too?
    Also have this problem and have Bridge v.2.0.0.35
    That would make sense! Can't believe I didn't do that, thanks!!
    I have posted a similar one to the main post from Bla1ze but there is definitely a bug on SMS bridge.
    My PB only shows my last conversation.
    However, it shows 6 times.
    3 with recipient A, 3 with recipient B.
    However, my conversation is with recipient C.

When I send a new one to the recipient C, it works and it stays at the top.
    however, when the bridge re-syncs, the original one disappears and those A and B show up.

I deleted conversations with A and B, sort of afraid that it will delete the original conversation from PB and BB.
    It did not delete the original.
    Again, after re-sync those zombies came back.

I have many conversations with many recipients but only the latest one shows...
    Ouch!
    Basically the same results for me.
    10-03-12 11:44 AM
    I don't have SMS either. I must be doing something wrong?
    Go into the Bridge App on the phone, select the tablet and select which items to share on Bridge. Text messages is near the end of the list.
    10-03-12 11:49 AM
    Not a WOW update but welcomed in any case.

Disappointed the email app has not been beefed up to at least delete multiple email at once.
    10-03-12 11:51 AM
    Also have this problem and have Bridge v.2.0.0.35
    You need the update to 2.1 bridge in AppWorld.
    modine likes this.
    10-03-12 11:52 AM
    BB bridge indicated txt msgs.....had 11 conversations all tagged with the wrong contact...could not delete from playbook....deleted the 11 conversations from my 9800...now no conversations left on playbook, but the icon indicating txt msgs will not go away...anyone else having this issue....
    Update: tried battery pull on 9800...restarted playbook....icon still indicating txt msg....
    I had the same problem. The same contact showed up for all conversations. It was an old contact, so I deleted it from my address book. When I went back into SMS Bridge, the conversations then had the proper contacts associated with them.
    10-03-12 11:52 AM
    facebook calendar event won't sync... anyone has experience this too?
    Same here. Deleted ew-synced the account and it still doesn't work.
    10-03-12 11:53 AM
    I found a few bugs:

Media encoding error from some flash based video players embedded within Web pages.

SMS bridge contacts were corrupted by having a non numeric phone number in a contact within my 9810's address book.

Some keyboard lag noticed when logging into Crackberry.

Old Ag
    Updated to the Official 2.1 from the beta release, the main thing I've noticed now is this: Viewing a video stream in full screen and the PB screen does not lock up after 5 mins as before.
    Yes, I have password lock but the PB has been playing a video stream for 15 minutes now. Not sure it was there on the .840 beta.
926 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD