Two findings

1) sms notification has a red star even though all sms has been read, seems out of synch with BB

2) KOBO reader not able to select font size.

Let me know I you see the same, else it looks like a very nice update

Regards
    Lass
    Tried KOBO for you and was able to change the font size. Tried a 2nd reboot? Hope you get it figured out.
    10-03-12 11:00 AM
    How long did it take. I thought about doing that, been there once, took forever.
    ~ 1 1/2 hr
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:00 AM
    So far I noticed the browser seems faster....boot up time is a little quicker and the battery life seems better. I don't have a BB phone so I cannot chime in about SMS and bridge
    10-03-12 11:02 AM
    I was hoping 2.1 would fix the poor native email support- losing connections with exchange and gmail.

2.1 wiped my existing email from the device (no big deal, it hadnt updated in over a week).

Setup is a bear, it is only letting me do this via bluetooth - and will fail if connecting via wifi.

Still working on it... slowly. frustratingly.
    10-03-12 11:02 AM
    Enjoy the upgrade people. I'll just go sit and wait over here.
    balding1 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:04 AM
    Edit - I had a problem with Wifi which suddenly stopped - No saved networks showing - tried a restart a few times and still no go. Just did a total shutdown and then started up again. Problem solved. Now to see if I can get print to go working.
    Last edited by BB-Marcus; 10-03-12 at 11:18 AM.
    10-03-12 11:07 AM
    Enjoy the upgrade people. I'll just go sit and wait over here.
    Awww. I'm sorry. Try to think of us as beta testers of the official. If there are any giant red flags (think .668) you'll know not to touch "Update."
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    10-03-12 11:07 AM
    Same here. The notification on the top left on homescreen indicating a new sms does not go away, even tough i have no unread messages in my inbox!
    I sent my first text through the Playbook and the response was on the bottom of the conversations list for some reason. But after that they all were at the top whenever a new sms came in.
    10-03-12 11:09 AM
    Anyone have problems with Wifi, it was working and now can't seem to connect to any networks. Have tried the reboot a number of times. No saved networks showing
    I've only been able to connect to wifi hotspot through my phone. Haven't been home to test my home network, but I don't foresee any problems.
    drumrdfox likes this.
    10-03-12 11:10 AM
    All my initial Bridge SMS showed up, but with the wrong name !!!
    Now resyncing address book from Google.

Question might be formatting..
    The sms are
    +61419xxxxxx
    but I have the number stored in my address book like
    +61 419 xxx xxx

which has never been any issue before - the spaces get ignored

Indeed seems that way - as Playbook only thinks I have had SMS conversation with two users, versus at least 15 in my BB.

TOTAL FAIL

Gets worse when you try to do a new conversation
    The speech button brings up a Select a namefrom a checkbox list with each number a separate entry -- ok So that is about 900 entries in my address book.
    Or the + sign just brings up a Add Phone number
    I have posted a similar one to the main post from Bla1ze but there is definitely a bug on SMS bridge.
    My PB only shows my last conversation.
    However, it shows 6 times.
    3 with recipient A, 3 with recipient B.
    However, my conversation is with recipient C.

When I send a new one to the recipient C, it works and it stays at the top.
    however, when the bridge re-syncs, the original one disappears and those A and B show up.

I deleted conversations with A and B, sort of afraid that it will delete the original conversation from PB and BB.
    It did not delete the original.
    Again, after re-sync those zombies came back.

I have many conversations with many recipients but only the latest one shows...
    Ouch!
    10-03-12 11:11 AM
    Yes I did look but I wasn't searching for an 8 mon old thread...my bad, I guess.
    It's the same old Beta we've all seen already and I thought perhaps he was notifying us of something new.
    I did a fresh clean installation after doing (NUKE -A)

Here are some of my findings so far .........

Update download - 408mb
    De-brick .bar download - 620mb
    De-brick .signed file - 1.02gb
    1st start download - 31mb

Boot-up time - 00:02:15
    Boot-up with rapid charger on - 00:01:39

Android apps - Working - Fresh install bug fixed
    Sideloading - Working

Demo Video - Yes - deletable
    Pete Yorn - Still in the house - deletable
    25 wallpapers - NOT deletable
    AT&T family map - Gone
    Shazam - NOT working
    CrackBerry App - some early reports of it not working - WORKING for me

Last edited by kretch; 10-03-12 at 02:31 PM.
    modine, sokar42 and xeju like this.
    New finding:

I create wallpapers, and unfortunately I can't seem to view/copy HQ Yahoo images and download them. Maybe there's another way, but so far, no luck.
    10-03-12 11:13 AM
    BB bridge indicated txt msgs.....had 11 conversations all tagged with the wrong contact...could not delete from playbook....deleted the 11 conversations from my 9800...now no conversations left on playbook, but the icon indicating txt msgs will not go away...anyone else having this issue....
    Update: tried battery pull on 9800...restarted playbook....icon still indicating txt msg....
    Last edited by otherjoeboy; 10-03-12 at 11:22 AM.
    I am wondering why it took RIM so many months and approx 400MB for a Bridge SMS update? Seriously that's the only difference I've noticed.
    Look deeper, there's more (as per the list provided on CB homepage)
    When you can, try this for me(and you and us of course):

- All the sideload apps.

- Try to sideload a new one.

- Send a text.

Tks
    Tried Evernote, Kobo, Kindle, Kingsoft office, Googlemaps, Box all worked like a charm. Winamp is not working.
    10-03-12 11:16 AM
    I'm UK too so looks like there is no real way of telling.

Might have something to do with when we bought and installed the update that you get when you first switch it on.

A lot of us had different 2.0 versions installed.
    I'm in the US and update is 335mb
    10-03-12 11:18 AM
    You people will NEVER be happy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-03-12 11:19 AM
    Is the new bridge update required in order to sync between the two devices?

I don't care about sending SMS and the new stuff. I prefer having internet access via the bridge from my att bold, than give that up for the SMS functionality.

I am using the old bridge application that allows tethering...
    Rroyy has the bridge app updated for us att users
    toobs623 likes this.
    All of these updates and we STILL can't view BBM Groups on the PlayBook via Bridge. I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there that looks for this with each update.
    Thachoc1 and MrC05 like this.
    All of these updates and we STILL can't view BBM Groups on the PlayBook via Bridge. I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there that looks for this with each update.
    Ya i inquired about this about 6 pages ago. LOL! Easy to get lost in the Downloading Now shuffle. I completely agree with you tho, really sux that we cant view BBM Groups, I also just read that MMS cant be read either.
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:23 AM
    Ya i inquired about this about 6 pages ago. LOL! Easy to get lost in the Downloading Now shuffle. I completely agree with you tho, really sux that we cant view BBM Groups, I also just read that MMS cant be read either.
    Good thing we will finally have groups in BB10! Not much longer.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:25 AM
    Updating from 2.1.0.840 Beta in Canada. 394 MB download.

Originally my Playbook was showing an error message saying it was unable to connect to the update server. I restarted the PB and it found the update.
    10-03-12 11:27 AM
    PB, is running great, sluggishness on browser is gone,it's faster and love the bridge update.
    10-03-12 11:29 AM
    Still have browser lag. What a bunch of crap. (Bookmark scrolling, address typing, exc...)
    Yep, me too. This version of the browser sucks so far! I'm really hoping that it's just taking time to settle in while a bunch of background update processes are taking place initially after the update, and eventually will get better.

The REAL Joe
    10-03-12 11:29 AM
926 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD