So far the one issue I've found that I had hoped was corrected over .840 is that newest BAR file of Kobo eReader 4.x still does not work. Login and population of current books (with bookmarks) works fine, but trying to open a book to read causes an error and Force Close each time.

Had to downgrade back to the 3.1 BAR file.
    Kobo comes with the PB, so why would you need a BAR?
    10-03-12 10:17 AM
    Just got the update here in the UK but it says my battery isn't hight enough to download gotta wait for it to charge first.
    This wait is frustrating.
    It'll tell you that you don't want to upgrade without being plugged in. It's slow enough downloading that you want to stay plugged in.
    Ben1232 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-03-12 10:17 AM
    only have skype beta, though chat is working
    Where can i get Skype beta?

Any word on Netflix?

Thanks
    10-03-12 10:18 AM
    After update...all calendar info (appointments etc.) are gone?...also only contacts that showed up are linkdn...all others are gone.....any ideas?
    Contacts should return after your accounts re-sync. Mine did anyway. Appointments are gone apparently.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-03-12 10:19 AM
    Skype beta on BBOS site
    10-03-12 10:20 AM
    Just downloaded OS update. The first thing I noticed was usage on Battery Guru was around 0.1 with Wifi on in standby. For the past couple of months it would usually have been around 2.0.
    10-03-12 10:21 AM
    I see that I can now send email with a choice of email accounts to send from. I believe this is new and this makes me pretty happy.
    10-03-12 10:23 AM
    Ok I have deleted the vast majority of the I'm downloading posts. The only ones I kept were the few that had other info, and a few to express the issue that there ARE different sizes which a couple people explained why in the thread. It has to do with which version you are upgrading from and which apps you have installed or deleted (if you have deleted some "packaged" apps, they come back with the update).
    10-03-12 10:24 AM
    Only bug I'm seeing is no led blink on new messages on my PlayBook. Notifications are set to use led. But I tried all options. If that's all, I am totally happy.
    Finally - downloading the OTA BRIDGE fixed the problem
    NWS - National Mosaic Enhanced Radar Image: Full Resolution Loop on your PlayBook. It used to make you scroll around. Now it sizes the image correctly to show the continental US on the screen. Really like that.

Noticed Enable Reader Mode on rotation in the Content menu of the browser. I don't believe that was there before. Strangely, it won't stay selected for me.
    10-03-12 10:25 AM
    Email does not work, each Android app seems to open in a different window.
    Erm...This was an expected feature - that Android apps would open in separate windows & be treated as 'separate' apps. This is a good thing, now a bad one imo.

As for email / calendar - i've faced zero problems. Same with contacts. All 3 of mine are synced through Gmail & was back & on the go in a matter of moments after install of 2.1.

RIM a mess...can't say I agree with you on this one. Each to their own I suppose. I'm actually rather pleased with the update, even without owning a BB phone. Not bothered about bridge, etc - but what I wanted is here. I've found one app (memorize - game for the kids) which doesn't work. But i'll try an updated version.
    10-03-12 10:28 AM
    Noticed there is an option to encrypt files on the Security option. I don't remember that before.
    Priceless, no need to keep picking up the berry when a text comes ..everything so merged the berry can stay stationary..even in silent mode a pop will show up who is calling...
    My boot time is 2 minutes 30 seconds. My android apps stopped crashing
    10-03-12 10:29 AM
    Wahoo! The video store now works for me!
    Mine would not come on after the update and I had been plugged in. I had to do a hard reset before it finally came on. Email took time to repopulate.
    Skype beta on BBOS site
    Not seeing it. Do you have a link?
    10-03-12 10:31 AM
    I got the update too. Downloading. Oddly, the update log at the bottom before clicking install was in Spanish (If I recognized it correctly) though I have the language set as English and region India. Anyone else experience this?

PS My update is 389 MB coming from the latest 2.1 beta.
    Hi, I did not find the problem you mentioned. I'm downloading it now (in India of course). But my download is 332MB V.2.1.0.1032
    10-03-12 10:32 AM
    Shared Calendars are gone... Crikey. You cannot even CONFIGURE a shared calendar... The small print says only the Primary Calendar would be synced...

W.T.H. man?!

Otherwise so far, so good.
    Last edited by tstrike34; 10-03-12 at 10:35 AM.
    10-03-12 10:33 AM
    Only issue I have noticed so far is one I had before, and that is bad battery when setting email to manual sync. I just changed it to 24 hours and will accomplish what I want it to do. Oh well! No big deal really since I would want to sync at least once a day!

Overall I haven't had any issues with the update and I have done most of the same stuff I normally do.
    10-03-12 10:34 AM
    Downloaded and all seems well for me. Camera, screen caps, Crackberry app, SMS thru bridge, browser, games, books, etc. work fine after the initial reboot. Contacts and calendar were all intact. I have a Yahoo account which sometimes makes me re-enter my password but even that worked like it was supposed to. Like the portrait option for email. Happy with the update so far.

EDIT: Tried to load Tiny Bird (android game from AppWorld) and even after another reboot, it starts to load but then snaps shut. Ah, well...

Finally deleted and reinstalled and even Tiny Bird works. All is well in my world.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 10-03-12 at 11:46 AM.
    10-03-12 10:34 AM
    bridge txt and BBM really does suck
    10-03-12 10:35 AM
    Not seeing it. Do you have a link?
    I second this ^....and also perplexed at how the wifi bridge thing works...
    10-03-12 10:35 AM
    It took about 10 minutes but my email started working without the need to reboot after the update. It must be doing something behind the scenes that takes a little
    10-03-12 10:36 AM
926 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD