Can someone check to see if you can access your BBM groups and chat please. Stuck waiting til i get off work.
    10-03-12 09:16 AM
    So on firstboot, nothing worked, bluetooth, wifi, android apps, etc. So If may suggest to eveyone, reboot again, don't even try anything. Because on the second boot, everything for me worked great.

Yes, Side loading still works. I reloaded hanging with friends.
    fotyc and xeju like this.
    10-03-12 09:17 AM
    my PB is not starting up! it downloaded then installed, it asked to restart. When it restarted I saw the "BlackBerry PlayBook" screen then it disappeared. i press the power button on top and wont turn on. So I went to put it on the charging pod and LED light came on. I pressed the power button again and the LED stopped umm "shining" I guess. It seemed like it wanted to start but went back to the "shining" LED. The battery was full before i started the download and was in the charging pod while it was downloading.
    ummm it wont start
    randomkidsrule likes this.
    Does it matter? You have the pucker version now
    Hah, fair enough. I'm not seeing any huge changes here after reboot, but it definitely seems a little more responsive.
    Screen capture doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    randomkidsrule likes this.
    10-03-12 09:18 AM
    Can't update until I get home from work in 7 hours. It's going to be a long day. Hopefully there won't be too many bugs reported. I'm glad I can read all of your input before I get home to get me through the work day.
    10-03-12 09:18 AM
    ...What's the battery life like ?

I thought it must be my turn to ask that daft question for the first time.
    Much better. I have been using the PlayBook for about 30 minutes and it only lost 3%! Much better battery life!
    10-03-12 09:19 AM
    my PB is not starting up! it downloaded then installed, it asked to restart. When it restarted I saw the "BlackBerry PlayBook" screen then it disappeared. i press the power button on top and wont turn on. So I went to put it on the charging pod and LED light came on. I pressed the power button again and the LED stopped umm "shining" I guess. It seemed like it wanted to start but went back to the "shining" LED. The battery was full before i started the download and was in the charging pod while it was downloading.
    ummm it wont start
    Mine did that. Do a hard reset pressing the power and volume buttons simultaneously

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ThePink likes this.
    10-03-12 09:19 AM
    New PB OS downloaded and installed.

None of my 20+ previously working Android Apps launch now.
    Good to know. Will delay the update for now.
    10-03-12 09:20 AM
    Just tried to test the Android camera functionality via Instagram. The app crashes.

In the previous OS version, the application would safely quit, stating that the camera wasn't compatible. I suspect it's attempting to check that and it crashes.
    Please can anybody tell if sideloading of NEW apps still works? It's really important...
    Confirmed: Sideloading new android apps still works. Just did it ota using the Chrome playbook app manager - installed new copy of greaderpro just to check this function.

Not tried through DDPB, don't have a windows machine, however I presume if ota is working fine through Chrome I can't see that DDPB or VUtils won't work.

Edit: only difference I spotted when launching a sideloaded android app was that rather than just starting up in runtime it brought up the notification of the app wanting to access things - same as you get with native apps. I have no clue if this was how it appeared in the betas, but not seen this before. Suggests greater integration of android runtime with the QNX system of PB OS 2.1 to me.
    jsdhornby and xeju like this.
    SMS
    Notifications not in sync with phone. Red star does not go away.
    There is nothing on the Playbook indicating which conversation has the new message.
    Just tried to test the Android camera functionality via Instagram. The app crashes.

In the previous OS version, the application would safely quit, stating that the camera wasn't compatible. I suspect it's attempting to check that and it crashes.
    How in the world can you claim the battery life is better? Seriously? After what, maybe an hour?
    It has been more than an hour and 15 min after a 100% reading, and I still have 96%, while running YouTube vids, Slacker Radio, and downloading pictures.
    10-03-12 09:21 AM
    Can someone check to see if you can access your BBM groups and chat please. Stuck waiting til i get off work.
    Nope, no BBM groups that i can see on the Playbook. Also cannot see text contacts you add in BBM in the BBM app. But you can see them in the Bridge app.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    10-03-12 09:22 AM
    Not tried through DDPB, don't have a windows machine, however I presume if ota is working fine through Chrome I can't see that DDPB or VUtils won't work.
    Can confirm it still works.
    Still have browser lag. What a bunch of crap. (Bookmark scrolling, address typing, exc...)
    The lack of BBM groups is still a sad blight on the bridge functionality.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    10-03-12 09:23 AM
    Can't remember previous beta HTML5 support score.
    Current 2.1 is 393+10 ( was 373+9 for 2.0)
    So it looks we gained 20 points more over
    Chrome (371+11)
    Opera Mobile (369+11)
    iOS6 (360+9).

Who's the King of HTML5 Planet ?
    BB

BB10 Alpha A with latest public release does 465+10, and at Jam they showed a screencap of a 470+
    I think you are downloading the entire OS so the different sizes might be some regional stuff. Not sure what but....
    Attachment 118222

Camera App shows error.4003
    10-03-12 09:24 AM
    Good to know. Will delay the update for now.
    Not found this myself - my android apps working fine. Games & utilities. Can't answer why others facing differences. Just sideloaded new app which works fine too.
    10-03-12 09:24 AM
    387MB here in the Philippines ..... and still downloading

BTW, can anyone check if the "message sent failed indicator but sent sucessfully" bug has been fixed in the native Messages app?
    10-03-12 09:27 AM
    I'm updating after an hard reset, and I suggest to everybody of you who can to do the same. Also with the last beta updates i've found that the system is more responsive and less bugged after a clean install
    Attachment 118222

Camera App shows error.4003
    if this is your first boot after install, then reboot. lots of things start working on the second reboot. And my camera does work.
926 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD