I really hope with the release of 2.0 that my Playbook will go back to being able to back up because as of late it won't! I tried a few days ago & again today (after getting the new DM) and nothing, same error message, it's seriously annoying. I really hope that 2.0 fixes whatever it is that's making this occur, it's not like I have a ton of stuff on my Playbook that can't be reloaded thru AppWorld but still, what's the point of DM if you can't back it up?!?
    bike2travel and artie like this.
    02-20-12 12:03 PM
    I have 2.0 BETA and I also can't back up using the new DM. Does backing up also save gameplay positions because that's all I really want to back up.
    02-20-12 12:13 PM
    im a cigar lover here!
    02-20-12 12:14 PM
    Ditto...I haven't been able to back up my PB for a long time now. I managed to get a few things done by Custom Backup a while back, but now even that doesn't seem to work.

If OS 2 manages to fix this situation, I'll count it as a major win....
    Knucklehead1964 likes this.
    02-20-12 12:18 PM
    I have 2.0 BETA and I also can't back up using the new DM. Does backing up also save gameplay positions because that's all I really want to back up.
    Yes it does in Application Data under the Custom Backup selection. Full Backup should do the same thing.
    02-20-12 12:18 PM
    hmmm I have no issue backing up my PB
    I'm Running OS 1.08.6067 & DM 6.1.0.36
    (not bothering with the new DM till they fix the bugs that are affecting some people...even though I doubt they will effect me as I don't use outlook)
    02-20-12 12:33 PM
    Have never tried to back up my PB, but I plan to this evening, hope it works! >_<
    02-20-12 12:35 PM
    They should have bb protect for PlayBook

Sent From My BlackBerry 10 Device
    02-20-12 12:41 PM
    same error message
    What's the error message?
    02-20-12 12:44 PM
    Betas with sideloaded apps has been reported failing (sometimes) to backup.
    I'll suggest you try to remove these apps, reboot your PB and try again.
    If you want to save your personnal files (photos, videos, documents) you can simply use the wifi or USB sharing to copy/paste them. You'll loose your game process.
    No big deal, remember ... it is a beta "not intended for personal use" ...
    Anyhow, hope this will help some.
    02-20-12 12:45 PM
    I think gameplay backup is app dependant, isn't it?
    Those settings might be in the app themselves, saved to SC card, or not saved at all. I understand angry birds won't save settings once you reload OS or app (I could be wrong, but that's what I read).
    If that's true, DM won't help, I don't think.
    02-20-12 12:48 PM
    Looks like RIM has taken down DM7 and put back DM6. Hopefully, new release soon before OS2.
    02-20-12 02:53 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that since installing 2.0, I've been able to backup my Playbook without a problem. Don't know what was going on before, I'm guessing something was up with the previous OS & DM but all seems OK now with 2.0 & DM. At least that's one less worry I have now.
    02-27-12 06:36 AM
    I didnt want to start a new thread, but i wanted to ask the community here how long it normally takes (or should take) to do a full backup of the playbook? Mine is currently at 3GB of 9.8 and has been close to 40 minutes!! I am using the most recent 6.0 version of DM (I rolled back to the last version prior to 7.0), and am on a PC with Windows Vista Business.

Just wanted to see if my results were typical?
    03-01-12 12:52 PM
    Took almost 2 hours to backup.....just want to know if this is typical?
    03-01-12 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD