I think I am having battery drain problems since the upgrade. Last night I rebooted, watched a tv show with lan file explorer then played three levels of plants vs zombies. Then I closed all apps and put my playbook in standby. I had notifications set to Glow Only with Sound. Screen brightness was set to about halfway,
    backlight timeout was 1 minute, Autobacklight dimming was on, Standby Timeout was 90 seconds. Application behaviour was set to default. I had 12% left on my battery. It woke me up a couple times during the night to tell me that I had various percentages less than 10% left on my battery. In the morning I had 4% left. So it drained at about 1% per hour which seems excessive. I am suspecting that some processes are left running even when the apps are closed.

I'm going to try the same experiment with a reboot but without ever opening any apps.

If anyone else wants to join in testing please post results here.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 07:27 AM
    81% at 7:49am, fresh reboot, no apps opened after reboot.
    samson47 likes this.
    04-21-12 07:53 AM
    Mine dropped 6% in airplane mode over an 8 hour stand by period.
    04-21-12 11:15 AM
    I too feel the battery is draining out faster after the update. But I am still not sure.
    04-21-12 11:19 AM
    2 hours after fresh reboot it maintained 81% for 2 hours. I didn't open any apps after the reboot but wifi was turned on.

I just used the browser for 1 hour and 15 minutes and brought the battery down to 61%. Now I'm going to let it sit and see if it still maintains after a browsing session. Wifi is still on.
    04-21-12 11:24 AM
    This has been addressed in several threads, the most recent being the link below. Click it out. It will save a lot of redundant posts

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mption-717346/
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    04-21-12 11:36 AM
    This has been addressed in several threads, the most recent being the link below. Click it out. It will save a lot of redundant posts

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mption-717346/
    Lol! You're on a roll. I think we should make you the official redundant thread shutter-downer. JK! I do wonder if some people know there's a search function.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-21-12 12:03 PM
    Lol! You're on a roll. I think we should make you the official redundant thread shutter-downer. JK! I do wonder if some people know there's a search function.
    LOL I was just reading some threads while on a break and saw it. You seem to be right there too LOL Yeah, the search saves a lot of time and posts, if people would use it.
    04-21-12 12:17 PM
    The search function on CB is obviously broken or there would not be so many redundant threads here.
    04-21-12 12:44 PM
    I do not see a solution in the thread you reference. It seemed to have ended with "oh well it affects some people and not others. Either more people will report it or they won't. It's too early to tell."

I'm reporting that it does affect me. With my experiences in my own thread. I'm still going to post whether its on an old thread or a new one. Data with no solution yet. I added some data in the other thread today as well related to the browser vs battery which is
    What the op on that thread was asking about. The only wasted effort I see is people posting about redundant posts.
    04-21-12 01:50 PM
    I do not see a solution in the thread you reference. It seemed to have ended with "oh well it affects some people and not others. Either more people will report it or they won't. It's too early to tell."

I'm reporting that it does affect me. With my experiences in my own thread. I'm still going to post whether its on an old thread or a new one. Data with no solution yet. I added some data in the other thread today as well related to the browser vs battery which is
    What the op on that thread was asking about. The only wasted effort I see is people posting about redundant posts.
    I don't think there is a solution yet and I'm sure all input is welcome. I think maybe it's just easier to figure out a solution to a problem if one can find all the info in one place as opposed to having to search thru multiple threads.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-12 01:54 PM
    The redundant post posters out number the redundant posters.
    04-21-12 01:54 PM
    Agreed. We should vote for Year of shutter downer lol
    04-21-12 01:57 PM
    I don't think there is a solution yet and I'm sure all input is welcome. I think maybe it's just easier to figure out a solution to a problem if one can find all the info in one place as opposed to having to search thru multiple threads.
    If you use the search function you should be able to find information across multiple threads without much trouble.
    04-21-12 01:57 PM
    If you use the search function you should be able to find information across multiple threads without much trouble.
    True that. And more people should use it.
    04-21-12 02:08 PM
    To recap. After reboot this morning it maintained 81% for two hours in standby. Then browsed the Internet for 1 hour 15 minutes and brought it down to 61%. Did not open any other apps and let it sit in standby for 3 hours and it drained down to 52%.
    04-21-12 02:16 PM
    Played a quick level of plants vs zombies down to 50%. Closed the app and then it sit in standby for 4 hours. This time only dropped a percentage to 49%.
    04-21-12 06:52 PM
    Another round of 10 hrs of standby no apps opened since that level of plants vs zombies yesterday. Went from 49% to 33%. Then it's been holding steady at 33% for the last 2 hours since I got up this morning.
    04-22-12 07:14 AM
    bickering aside, I always turn off wifi and close all apps before going into standby mode, this improves battery life dramatically.
    Last edited by Apelles1; 04-22-12 at 09:54 AM.
    04-22-12 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD