Hate to say this, but as a fellow Indonesian user, ur provider sucks!
    WTH? 8 hours for 491Mb means u got 128Kbps (16Kb/s) speed??
    And I believe ur frustration is actually about the download size and then make the improvements seems non existent.
    Glad u still love ur PB though..
    04-18-12 11:48 PM
    haha i don't remember when was the last time I heard bout a 128kbps connection.. I get faster speed than that on my EDGE.. 156 or so they claim.. but I'm on 3g so it doesn't matter..

OP you call Indonesia third-world for some reason? I can really sh*t on this thread
    04-18-12 11:53 PM
    sometimes the mods just let pass the dumbest of threads..
    That is your opinion, worthless and irrelevant in the scheme of things... BTW, I see you stepped into this thread three times to offer nothing more than flame bait. What a shining example you are of a "Blackberry salesman"

Hate to say this, but as a fellow Indonesian user, ur provider sucks!
    WTH? 8 hours for 491Mb means u got 128Kbps (16Kb/s) speed??
    And I believe ur frustration is actually about the download size and then make the improvements seems non existent.
    Glad u still love ur PB though..
    Yes, I still love my PB and am awaiting some real "feature updates" eg; Adobe reader to become more useable and spreadsheets to go to recognise more uncommon formulas, to materialise. My internet situation is outside of my control as I live in a kost and it is supplied by "the landlord". Being Indonesian owners, they provide the cheapest and nastiest connection possible.

Yes, you are right; The original OS2 update at 500MB which also took 8 hours to download was an incredibly feature rich update, not a "patch". The benefits were extremely tangible, and I was blown away with it. It is obvious that it was a total re-write of the OS.

This update at 491MB has none of the bells and whistles or "awe factor" yet it is the same size as OS2? My original point was that I thought "patches" like this would be much smaller.

Anyway, my thoughts were flawed, as has been pointed out by those posters who offered constructive replies to my original post, and I thank them for taking the time to reply constructively. Other idiots who popped in to provide nothing of substance, which reflects the contents of their head; well, they know what they can do!

haha i don't remember when was the last time I heard bout a 128kbps connection.. I get faster speed than that on my EDGE.. 156 or so they claim.. but I'm on 3g so it doesn't matter..

OP you call Indonesia third-world for some reason? I can really sh*t on this thread
    Ohhhhhh goody goody, aren't you a lucky boy then. Yes, Indonesia is a third world country. I live here, have done for 5 years, and I am qualified to pass that judgement. I could support my statement with my personal logic, but I fear it would pass way over your head, which contains nothing of substance anyway. What personal experience of Indonesia do you have to counteract my statement? You can really sh*t on this thread? I see you you live in India, why don't you go and take a sh*t in the street instead!

And yes, I would be happy for the mods to close this thread to prevent any further flaming!
    Last edited by Scrapegoat; 04-19-12 at 04:31 AM.
    04-19-12 03:30 AM
    an OS which requires updates every quarter, or less is most probably:
    1. in testing stage/beta
    2. incomplete thus requiring major revision just to update minor functions - hence the large update files and lack of smaller patches/updates
    3. so late in development thus most of the effort is spent firefighting unexpected problems coming out of latest update
    4. will still be in perpetual beta since another OS will come out soon (BB10)
    04-19-12 03:35 AM
    Wow. My complete Update took about 11 minutes including the reboot.
    04-19-12 11:39 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD