Why do you think a mod changed your title? Some how you got signed up for the beta.
    12-11-11 08:52 PM
    i could probably sign some people up by randomly entering a pin hehe
    12-11-11 08:58 PM
    Ok, what the heck is going on? My heart jumped out of my chest when I read your post sir! I still can hardly breath wishing an update would appear on my PB! I hope this is an honest mistake on your part and not some sick joke.....I know people who know people who know other people and they'll find you and make you play with an iPad until you puke apples!!!!
    12-11-11 08:58 PM
    Ok, what the heck is going on? My heart jumped out of my chest when I read your post sir! I still can hardly breath wishing an update would appear on my PB! I hope this is an honest mistake on your part and not some sick joke.....I know people who know people who know other people and they'll find you and make you play with an iPad until you puke apples!!!!
    no sick joke! according to some of those posting replies it appears that somehow my pin was sent in for beta. i can assure you that i did not request to be on beta as i am not a developer and patiently waiting for 2.0 in the meantime i will enjoy this version. as you see by the pics ive already created folders...
    12-11-11 09:02 PM
    Why do you think a mod changed your title? Some how you got signed up for the beta.
    my thread title says (still beta) when your viewing from the forum and i didnot have that in my title when i originally created this thread when 2.0 was available...
    genesimmons likes this.
    12-11-11 09:04 PM
    Maybe someone signed your PB up for the Beta. I don't recall what info it asked for to sign up. Maybe they mistyped a similar PIN.
    12-11-11 09:06 PM
    no sick joke! according to some of those posting replies it appears that somehow my pin was sent in for beta. i can assure you that i did not request to be on beta as i am not a developer and patiently waiting for 2.0 in the meantime i will enjoy this version. as you see by the pics ive already created folders...
    Tongue in cheek my friend! I would be pretty excited too if it happened to me. BUT, what IF the update starts rolling out?!? I'm going to bed now and hope to dream about it.
    12-11-11 09:11 PM
    Maybe someone signed your PB up for the Beta. I don't recall what info it asked for to sign up. Maybe they mistyped a similar PIN.
    well looks likes all agree that somehow a developer when they were signing up for beta they miskeyed their pin and i am fortunate to have the beta version on my PlayBook to use. i will enjoy it and who knows you might be the next non developer who is fortunate enough to have your pin miskeyed and get 2.0...
    12-11-11 09:16 PM
    I've tried it but rolled back. Looking forward to it when it is all polished up and ready for general consumption.

BTW, isn't there a thread around here with PB PINs? That could be a problem...
    12-11-11 09:25 PM
    I tried the beta as well, but I downgraded back because I wasn't crazy about the beta. Also it made my video chat app go away for some reason.
    I've decided to wait for the real 2.0 to come out.
    12-11-11 09:28 PM
    1 new thing that i noticed in the beta is that when my battery got below 10% i had the light indicator flashing green. im not sure if this is the case with the 1.whatever that is official...
    12-11-11 09:33 PM
    What ever the reason, count yourself lucky that you got it! How often would that happen?

Have fun with it and enjoy the lotto win.
    12-11-11 09:41 PM
    What ever the reason, count yourself lucky that you got it! How often would that happen?

Have fun with it and enjoy the lotto win.
    You don't need to be lucky or a developer to get it. Just register your PIN with RIM. Just in case you wanted to give it a whirl.
    12-11-11 10:07 PM
    You don't need to be lucky or a developer to get it. Just register your PIN with RIM. Just in case you wanted to give it a whirl.
    Aw thanks I'm not tablet-intelligent enough to mess with the dev beta. I'll wait for the rollout.
    Tcarb and Hgouck like this.
    12-12-11 12:30 AM
    i could probably sign some people up by randomly entering a pin hehe
    hey if you want to sign me up I'd gladly give you my pb pin
    12-12-11 11:52 AM
    i have just posted a screen shot of where in 2.0 we now get the LED notification and not just the glow. right now with only Bridge being my only option i have it set to LED only but when i get an e-mail or calendar reminder i have yet to see the LED light up for me...
    12-12-11 12:03 PM

For the OP, you don't need to be a devloper to sign up.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    12-12-11 02:59 PM
    You could register yourself, 0S 2 beta its available to anyone. https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    12-12-11 03:05 PM
    This is not too much of a big deal. I click on the website listed, entered my PIN, and in a matter of minutes I received an update for 2.0.0.4869.
    12-12-11 04:55 PM
    is it me or the beta is 5 times fatser and smoother than the 1.0867? because it really seems like it.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-13-11 12:51 AM
    I've now got the Beta 2 OS installed, and it seems to work, with some caveats. I haven't noticed any huge difference in battery drain. A few Android programs I've side-loaded actually work, including the Kindle app! Unfortunately, the only email program I've been able to get to work does not work right. A few times, I've had to do a restart to get rid of strange effects apparently caused by Android programs I've run.

One strangeness I've run into that I am not sure is the fault of OS2, as I had not tried this app before, is that I get always "stuttering" for audio with the ComWave ePhone app. Ive tried it with various good Wifi connections, but incoming audio always stutters such that I cannot really understand anything. Anyone else experience this?
    12-13-11 01:27 AM
    STUTTERING AUDIO 2.0
    Yes, this occurs with Modern Combat Black Pegasus....... unusable audio with 2.0.0.4.....beta
    12-13-11 12:46 PM
    EMAIL THAT WORKS........
    I sideloaded ice cream android launcher and it had an email program....... worked perfectly with both my gmail and pop3 email accounts. Able to receive, send, and even delete messages off server.
    12-13-11 12:48 PM
    is it me or the beta is 5 times fatser and smoother than the 1.0867? because it really seems like it.
    I agree this 2.0 Beta is a bit smoother and faster..
    Teamxrx likes this.
    12-13-11 05:40 PM
    I registered using the link for 2.0 but is it worth downloading or sticking with 1.08 ?
    12-13-11 09:30 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD