They are giving free 1yr subscriptions to SirriusXm Internet radio. It will play on the PlayBook. It says USA only, sorry. They have a BlackBerry App for certain phones too.

Freebie Friday: Get a free year of SiriusXM Internet radio | The Cheapskate - CNET News
    esk369, nnomad, Lhendr and 1 others like this.
    09-28-12 09:42 AM
    I am in the US and just tried it. It said the promotion was invalid or expired.
    09-28-12 09:53 AM
    I deleted the promo code.
    09-28-12 10:32 AM
    Got it...Awesome, I love me some free stuff
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 10:51 AM
    I deleted the promo code.
    you sir are correct get rid of the promo code and hit enter it worked for me.
    thanks for the work around UZA.
    and thanks op for the heads up for free ill give it a try
    09-28-12 10:56 AM
    Just worked for me.
    09-28-12 10:57 AM
    I just signed up and it works well.
    09-28-12 11:10 AM
    If you get rid of the code don't you just get the standard 7 day trial?
    09-28-12 11:26 AM
    Hmmm. Email does not mention time span! That will be interesting or NOT.
    09-28-12 12:17 PM
    Not sure. I'll let you know in 7 days.
    09-28-12 12:23 PM
    The page itself says it, it says if you delete the code you are signing up for a 7 day trial. You might want to use THIS page which has a code for a 30 day trial......

Free Trial - Step 1 - SiriusXM Radio

Note the part I circled.......

BerryClever likes this.
    09-28-12 12:42 PM
    It looks to be a 7 day trial now. I signed up anyways because the web address still had the promo code in it .../freetrial?campaign=CHEVY1YR. Pure blind hope that they had the default page up saying 7 days but the page was for the 1 year promotion. The e-mail doesn't specify how long the subscription is for, but I assume for a week, oh well, maybe I will luck out and blind hope wins.

Thanks Pkcable, if (aka when) it turns out for a week and I like it, I will try for the 30 day with another email. May not be a year, but I get 37 days! Man, I am really cheap......
    09-28-12 12:53 PM
    Mine says 365 day trial.....

Idk I guess we will see in 7 days
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 09-28-12 at 01:17 PM.
    09-28-12 01:07 PM
    It looks to be a 7 day trial now. I signed up anyways because the web address still had the promo code in it .../freetrial?campaign=CHEVY1YR. Pure blind hope that they had the default page up saying 7 days but the page was for the 1 year promotion. The e-mail doesn't specify how long the subscription is for, but I assume for a week, oh well, maybe I will luck out and blind hope wins.

Thanks Pkcable, if (aka when) it turns out for a week and I like it, I will try for the 30 day with another email. May not be a year, but I get 37 days! Man, I am really cheap......
    Yea I'm in the same boat, I found the 30 day thing after, now I have to remember which of my emails I have not used yet. I've already had a few free trials in the past. I was a subscriber too, but I gave it up when they stop supporting modern BBs. There is no client for my 9930, but in my 9650 days I was a subscriber. I can add it on to my car subscription (actually I pay for 2 radios, as I pay for my lady friend's car too) for a cheaper price per month, BUT it's no use to me without it working on my BB.
    09-28-12 01:13 PM
    When I hit the web address it tells me "page not found". Anyone else having the problem?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-28-12 01:20 PM

I am sure you have the 365 day trial. I think they just had planned for x amount of people and once they had it they changed it back to a regular 7 day trial. Lucky sob
    09-28-12 01:51 PM
    Yea I'm in the same boat, I found the 30 day thing after, now I have to remember which of my emails I have not used yet. I've already had a few free trials in the past. I was a subscriber too, but I gave it up when they stop supporting modern BBs. There is no client for my 9930, but in my 9650 days I was a subscriber. I can add it on to my car subscription (actually I pay for 2 radios, as I pay for my lady friend's car too) for a cheaper price per month, BUT it's no use to me without it working on my BB.
    When I hit the web address it tells me "page not found". Anyone else having the problem?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I got an invalid code when using the promo code but got the 7 day trial by deleting it. I then went to seriusxm.com/blackberry (as instructed) to download the phone app. They give options for a Storm, Bold 9000 series, Tour 9600 series, Curve 8500 series. I tried both the Bold 9000 series and Tour 9600 series and got what 240zron got - "page not found".

Since I'm using a 9650 with OS 6, I assume that pkcable was running 5.0 on a 9650. I also assume that we're seeing the page not found because our devices are not supported. I went back to look at the FAQ and I see that for Android, the requirement is 2.2. I didn't check the iPhones supported, but it looks like they haven't been doing any upgrading to their mobile apps.

The browser verison is OK, but I'd prefer not to have to eat up a browser tab for music listening.
    09-28-12 01:55 PM

+1 I have to say its pretty cool departure from the run of the mill 7,14 or 30 day free trials with CC numbers and various other strings attached 1 year free you can't beat that with a stick.
    Again thanks to op for the heads up
    09-28-12 02:08 PM
    6 months free, use US zip code working here CDN!!

BB_Bmore and Lhendr like this.
    09-28-12 08:16 PM
    6 months free, use US zip code working here CDN!!

I definitely am running out of email addresses for this damn trial!
    09-28-12 09:23 PM
    I was able to get the 180 day trial in Canada. Works ok on the PlayBook but was hoping there would be an app that worked. I've sideloaded the Android app but it crashes just after logging in.

Any idea if there is a version newer than 2.0 that works?

Mike
    09-28-12 09:35 PM
    I just signed up for what claims to be 180 day trial. I was hoping there was a native BlackBerry PlayBook application because scrolling in the web browser is tricky unless I am missing something.
    09-28-12 10:34 PM
    Add favorites on PC. I am trying as we errrr... speak.
    Last edited by nnomad; 09-29-12 at 12:06 AM.
    09-28-12 10:48 PM
    +1 I have to say its pretty cool departure from the run of the mill 7,14 or 30 day free trials with CC numbers and various other strings attached 1 year free you can't beat that with a stick.
    Again thanks to op for the heads up
    Mine said 180 day free trial which is more than ample time to get addicted to the service or reach the conclusion it is not worth the money. Right now I am listening to Willie's Roadhouse.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 11:06 PM
    I just signed up for what claims to be 180 day trial. I was hoping there was a native BlackBerry PlayBook application because scrolling in the web browser is tricky unless I am missing something.
    You are welcome.
    09-29-12 12:10 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD