Buy now and get the difference from price guarantee afterwards!
    a firend of mine has been calling all the walmarts this morning and apparently theirs a squad going around buying up all the 16GBs all over town. Looks like Kijiji will have a bunch of PBs for sale in a few weeks when the price is back up.
    11-16-11 01:38 PM
    a firend of mine has been calling all the walmarts this morning and apparently theirs a squad going around buying up all the 16GBs all over town. Looks like Kijiji will have a bunch of PBs for sale in a few weeks when the price is back up.
    Damn those opportunist hoarders!
    When I was checking out the TP fire sale at Costco (to my amazement) the manager (whether being honest or not) informed me that someone ordered a whole skid, yes a whole skid; of their available inventory.
    Also that person made calls to all Costoc stores in my hometown and attempted the same thing!!!
    11-16-11 01:44 PM
    Buy now and get the difference from price guarantee afterwards!
    thats what I did. Picked mine up at Walmart today
    11-16-11 02:02 PM
    $199!!!??? Yessss!!!! And I was just about to order the Fire!! So glad I stopped here first!!! Woooo Hooo! <Dancing>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 02:30 PM
    Just got email from Staples

$15 OFF
    with any phone or online purchase of $100 or more*.

Coupon code : 8xxxxxx

*Valid online at Staples.ca, by phone at 1-800-668-6888 and on fax orders. Limit one per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement must be met with purchases to which no other coupon applies. May not be combined with any other coupon. Coupon must be surrendered. No copies/facsimilies. No cash/credit back. Not valid on downloadable software, services, business service provider or custom-printing service provider Web sites, gift cards, phone cards, postage stamps, purchases for Canada Post postage, self serve Copy & Print Centre services or prior purchases. Not valid at Home - Staplescopyandprint.ca. Taxes and shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase. Not valid on Staples Advantage orders.
    You do realize you can only use the code once and you posted it out in the open.

11-16-11 03:57 PM
    Here is a screenshot of the email showing the price and sale dates.
    11-16-11 04:04 PM
    Very good deal. I got the TELUS employee deal back in Sept, but has yet to receive my $100 mastercard GC from RIM...
    11-16-11 04:10 PM
    My wife just picked one up from Futureshop today, they refused to price match today so we'll just get an adjustment on the weekend. She said there were plenty in the store, but she's in a smaller town (Kingston). None of that Toronto hoarders madness there.

I'm happy because she can finally use the apps I write... haha...
    I already ordered her a charging stand and the purple leather envelope case to go with it, should make a good Christmas gift
    11-16-11 06:02 PM
    Wondering why this thread
    is so quiet at least compared to the 100 page plus thread on RFD about the clearout?

Seems the buyers there are just buying the price with little knowledge of the product?
    11-16-11 06:08 PM
    $199!!!??? Yessss!!!! And I was just about to order the Fire!! So glad I stopped here first!!! Woooo Hooo! <Dancing>

Oh darn! I'm in the USA

11-16-11 10:31 PM
    ^black friday in usa should have some good deals.
    11-16-11 11:37 PM
    I am glad to hear about more places offering this sale! I was getting worried with just the Wal-Mart doing it they would go fast. Nothing to worry about now. 64gb here I come!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Same here... I'm watching Walmart and Staple here like a hawk. I'm already testing a work issued Playbook and I like it myself.

I can see there's going to be a frenzy....
    11-17-11 12:54 AM
    Interesting... As of 04:27 on 17 November 2011, Staples.ca is no longer showing the BlackBerry PlayBook. Yet approximately 1 minute prior the website was displaying the tablet although without any pricing. Maybe they are updating the website pricing for these tablets.
    11-17-11 02:31 AM
    The flyers are out showing tormorrows $199 price,
    lots of people were buying at full price and
    planning to come back and get an adjustment,
    so I suspect they just pulled it for a day to have stock available on Friday?

It's been reported on RFD that many Futureshop stores have done the same.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 11-17-11 at 03:58 AM.
    11-17-11 03:54 AM
    Wondering why this thread
    is so quiet at least compared to the 100 page plus thread on RFD about the clearout?

Seems the buyers there are just buying the price with little knowledge of the product?
    RFD is filled with hoarders hoping to turn a profit more than people actually interested in technology. You just know Kijiji and Craigslist are about to be flooded with PB's.

I figure most people on this forum already got their PB's. And already talked all their friends and family into them as well in the previous sales.

What is truly sad is on RFD the PB is being compared to some crappy no-name Android tablet for $139, and the $199 PB is considered less capable and a worse deal...
    11-17-11 08:55 AM
    Walmart Canada has the 32GB online for $298 today (for those of you who don't wish to wait till tomorrow - like me - or who don't want to risk hearing it's sold out :-) - like me!). I just ordered mine online - took me 5 mins.
    Estimated arrival in about 3-7 days which is just fine by me... I wanted to be sure I got my Playbook at this excellent price. All the online Staples Canads flyers are up too... pretty sure there will be a rush tomorrow. Good luck - hope everyone who wants one gets one - and thanks for the heads up on the sale on this thread, would never have known otherwise.

Nicky
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 11-17-11 at 10:21 AM.
    11-17-11 10:12 AM
    Interesting... As of 04:27 on 17 November 2011, Staples.ca is no longer showing the BlackBerry PlayBook. Yet approximately 1 minute prior the website was displaying the tablet although without any pricing. Maybe they are updating the website pricing for these tablets.
    Staples is showing the Playbook at the sale prices in the flyers (online and in-store) with the date of the PB sale as November 18th. The actual sale flyers are from November 11th, when I first looked at it I thought the PB wasn't included but it is there.
    11-17-11 10:24 AM
    Got my Playbook - but only just!

I ordered 32 GB PB online at Walmart - got the confirmation all seemed well was to arrive by Weds. Then this morning an email saying that they were sorry but that they CANCELLED the order!! What to do? Luckily, I was downtown Toronto and 5 mins from a Staples. So I dashed over there and asked if they had the PB... sale price. They said "only the 64GB, everything else sold out within the first 20 mins of the store opening this morning!I thought for a split second, then... "I'll take the 64GB."

I really didn't want to go all over Toronto hearing "sorry, sold out" - I think that's going to be quite common today.
    I'll do OK with 64GB - what a great price. And wow,is the Playbook popular or what?
    I'm thrillled, thanks Staples - as for Walmart Online #fail! That was my first and last order from you.

Nicky
    11-18-11 09:19 AM
    I picked up the last 16GB at Staples in Oakville and a 32.....the guy I spoke to (who owns a Playbook) said he had sold 50 this morning.
    11-18-11 09:37 AM
    Sears (online store) still has them in stock. Playbook and RIM sucks according to my standard, but I assume lots of people have standards lower than mine.

Sorry princess, guess they'll have to try harder next time.
    11-18-11 10:00 AM
    Just picked up a 16 and 32 from the BestBuy Mobile store in Burlington ON around 11am today. BestBuy box store has 32s and 64s left. Walmart South only has 64s left. The sales rep at BB said that they will have more coming in tonight. Who knows.
    11-18-11 10:33 AM
    I picked up mine (32GB) this morning at The Source. They also have the sale going on for those of you looking for one and having no luck at Staples, Best Buy, or Future Shop.
    11-18-11 01:28 PM
    Do the stores have more inventory coming in later this week at the $199 price point?

I picked up my 16gb today but looking for a second
    11-18-11 02:00 PM
    Who's going to pick up a bunch to send out to other international users :$ ... I can't seem to get any for anything NEAR that price!
    11-18-11 04:36 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD