I couldn't wait 'til the 29th for Fedex delivery of my PB I ordered from Walmart last week, so I stopped by BB after work today and picked up a 16GB for $199, then stopped by Staples and picked up one last charging pod for under $14.

Brought it home and played with it for the last few hours and I AM IN LOVE with it. Bridged with my Bold 9700 no problem. Web surfing is fast; cameras are clear; sounds (speaker) is good; perfect size.

Who said PB has no apps? I found many useful apps. My 2 1/2 yrs old son loves the words learning apps and they're free.

Time to load music and movies. When connected the PB to my PC, the DM could not communicate with the PB (I am running windows 7 ultimate version). I had to cycle the power on the PL a few times. It's copying (sync) my music now and yes, it supports all files in my iTune. However, 16GB is just not enough. I am only copying 1/2 of my mp3s and only have about 2gb left.

If you're getting a PL, may I suggest a 32GB or even the 64GB.
    I'll keep watching for good deal on the 64GB and will hand this 16GB to my wife/son to surf the web and watch youtube :-)

After all, I LOVE PL.

IS THERE A REMOTE DESKTOP APP FOR BB PL?
    Last edited by sqa4life; 11-23-11 at 01:02 AM.
    11-23-11 12:59 AM
    I totally agree, UNLESS you don't load a lot of music, movies, apps.

There seem to be two types of users...entertainment and business. As the latter - 16g has done pretty well for me, but even if not, I upload and download to BOX.net - though not good for long length files like movies and music. Better for documents, pdf's and such.
    11-23-11 01:05 AM
    I think it is sufficient personally, I usually use about 2-3GB for Music. However, I just ordered a 64GB, so that looks to change.
    11-23-11 01:07 AM
    i know its not the same.. but theres alot of free drop box online storage with apps also I listen to lost of music but Im around or can get around wifi pretty easy usually and theres an app thats free with free signup that gives you 50gigs with no catch that ive seen just search appworld i think its called bluebox. but the price is right on the 32 64g playbooks right now anyway hah
    11-23-11 06:28 AM
    I couldn't wait 'til the 29th for Fedex delivery of my PB I ordered from Walmart last week, so I stopped by BB after work today and picked up a 16GB for $199, then stopped by Staples and picked up one last charging pod for under $14.

Brought it home and played with it for the last few hours and I AM IN LOVE with it. Bridged with my Bold 9700 no problem. Web surfing is fast; cameras are clear; sounds (speaker) is good; perfect size.

Who said PB has no apps? I found many useful apps. My 2 1/2 yrs old son loves the words learning apps and they're free.

Time to load music and movies. When connected the PB to my PC, the DM could not communicate with the PB (I am running windows 7 ultimate version). I had to cycle the power on the PL a few times. It's copying (sync) my music now and yes, it supports all files in my iTune. However, 16GB is just not enough. I am only copying 1/2 of my mp3s and only have about 2gb left.

If you're getting a PL, may I suggest a 32GB or even the 64GB.
    I'll keep watching for good deal on the 64GB and will hand this 16GB to my wife/son to surf the web and watch youtube :-)

After all, I LOVE PL.

IS THERE A REMOTE DESKTOP APP FOR BB PL?
    No native remote desktop app yet... using the 2.0 OS and android I believe so though
    11-23-11 06:42 AM
    If you like to have music on your 16GB PB, use SlackerRadio. I use my PB more for business and 16GB is totally adequate for all my PDFs and listings' photo slideshows. I still have over 8GB left, even after loading a bunch of videos for personal use. Since I've got an 8GB card in the BBerry, it effectively gives me 24GB of space when bridging. Plenty for my usage. Agreed that if you want to carry your music and video library, get the 64GB version.
    11-23-11 11:35 AM
    if youre a game freak or love movies music by the truckload then yeah i agree..
    BUT
    if youre like me and not into.games etc 16gb is plenty...i have a few mp4 movies some music some kids stories to keep the kiddies amussed annd a smattering of useful apps and i still have over 10gb left.
    11-23-11 02:30 PM
    I have the 16gb and I still have lots of room left. When I travel on business I load up just the movies and music I'm going to watch and listen to while I'm gone. I don't see the point of loading dozens and dozens of movies and thousands of songs. I just load in what I plan on watching or listening to, and away I go. Still have lots of room left for other things.
    11-23-11 02:38 PM
    if youre a game freak or love movies music by the truckload then yeah i agree..
    BUT
    if youre like me and not into.games etc 16gb is plenty...i have a few mp4 movies some music some kids stories to keep the kiddies amussed annd a smattering of useful apps and i still have over 10gb left.
    +1

It's plenty for me. Not for those who want to load a bunch of music or videos.
    11-23-11 02:59 PM
    Since I've got an 8GB card in the BBerry, it effectively gives me 24GB of space when bridging. Plenty for my usage. Agreed that if you want to carry your music and video library, get the 64GB version.
    Does the PB not have a place for a memory card? I thought I read in the specs on RIM's website that it had a card slot??
    11-25-11 11:00 PM
    Qwk....the PB doesn't have a memory card slot...what Tophotog was saying is he can use the 8gig card in his phone as storage whenyou bridge the playbook with phone.
    11-26-11 12:20 AM
    I bought a 16GB because I will not be loading music or movies on it, just apps. I'll be watching videos and listening to music on it through streaming. No real need to have any of those on my PB as I can watch just about any video and listen to pretty much any song online. Also I can link to all the documents, music, pictures, and video on my SGSII through kies air using the Playbooks browser so I can have access to everything on my phone through my Playbook!
    Last edited by Megacharge; 11-26-11 at 12:39 AM.
    11-26-11 12:23 AM
    I got a copy of the app "Files and Folders" to review for my blog and you can transfer filesback and forth from your Phone (or damn near anywhere) with it. As far as music goes, Google Music is beyond awesome. I have my entire collection up in the cloud (including audiobooks) and I can listen to anything I want using the browser. Hopefully somebody will make an app that makes it a little easier to navigate, but I love it!
    11-26-11 12:33 AM
    I've only had mine a few days and it seems to be fine with a 16GB card on my 9900.

I haven't searched yet but can you shrink some of the overhead off like you can on the phones?
    11-26-11 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD