Is it worth it to buy a used 16 gb playbook for $150? I was interested in buying a 64Gb for 299.99 but I came across this deal. I am actually buying it for my with but if it is any good I will buy a 64gb for myself. For my wife, who is a non blkberry user, she will be using it for her email, facebook, calendar, general internet, and video capabilities. If it had netflix that would be a bonus. I understand that andriod apps will be available soon too. I just hate getting sucked in by the Ipad, which my wife mentioned she wanted. Will it disappointed the playbook? thanks for your help....btw I am andriod user and she is a Iphone user.
    01-16-12 08:46 PM
    Once OS2 hits, having a BlackBerry will be optional (you only really miss out on remote controlling the PoayBook and using the device as a keyboard).

$150 seems like a nice deal. If she does not like it, you can sell it for the same price.
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-17-12 at 04:17 AM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-16-12 09:13 PM
    i think all tablets should start at 32gb. 16 gb is too low, 12 gb is already used up in my 64 gb pb
    01-17-12 12:40 AM
    Got the 16Gb, and i find it adequate plenty of space at the moment for what i need. if i run out of space i can always tidy things up to make some. if you have any doubts at all about the PB go for the cheap option. If you like it, which you will you can always pass the 16gb onto the wife and get another.
    01-17-12 01:55 AM
    And there is always Box.net's free 50gb online storage...
    anon(3460513) likes this.
    01-17-12 04:18 AM
    16 GB has been plenty for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-12 04:38 AM
    i find 16gb more than enough,and as earlier post says you can always clean things up.anything you really want to save but dont really use,just back up to pc.
    01-17-12 04:45 AM
    I'm of the opinion that 16 GB is more then enough unless you are a 24/7 game playing/video watching addict, for which there are numerous other cheaper options that will give you a much better experience and on a much larger screen. That said, I would scour the web looking for new 16GB's that can be had for <then $200.00. If something goes wrong with the used PB, you don't have any options if you're out of warranty. Spending an additional $50.00 for new is more then worth it. Presently, there are numerous new 16 GB PB's for sale on Amazon for $234.00.
    omniusovermind likes this.
    01-17-12 05:13 AM
    If you don't it, hook me up with the seller. I will.
    01-17-12 05:58 AM
    I think how much storage you need depends on how you plan on using it. For web surfing/e-mail/music streaming 16GB is plenty. If you must take your own music with you or want to load your entire movie collection then even 64GB might well not be enough. If OS 2.0 brings us a working USB OTG feature then adding external storage will ease things a bit. I still wish the Playbook had a SD/microSD card slot. Bluebox (Dropbox) is also an option. Has anyone used Microsoft's Skydrive on their Playbook? I haven't tried it yet but I would think is would be usable through the browser.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-17-12 06:00 AM
    MS online services work just as they should. Just hit PC/desktop version at the bottom.

But really, DropBox over Box for storage? 2gb x 50gb? hmm...
    01-17-12 06:13 AM
    MS online services work just as they should. Just hit PC/desktop version at the bottom.

But really, DropBox over Box for storage? 2gb x 50gb? hmm...
    I mentioned Bluebox because there is an app in the appworld. Is there an app for Box or do you just use it through the browser?
    01-17-12 06:27 AM
    Is it worth it to buy a used 16 gb playbook for $150? I was interested in buying a 64Gb for 299.99 but I came across this deal. I am actually buying it for my with but if it is any good I will buy a 64gb for myself. For my wife, who is a non blkberry user, she will be using it for her email, facebook, calendar, general internet, and video capabilities. If it had netflix that would be a bonus. I understand that andriod apps will be available soon too. I just hate getting sucked in by the Ipad, which my wife mentioned she wanted. Will it disappointed the playbook? thanks for your help....btw I am andriod user and she is a Iphone user.
    well for me it depends on my throwaway threshold. Would you consider $300 something you wouldn't mind tossing out if you decided you wanted something else 6 months from now? If not, go with the 16. That's how I roll with tablets right now because they're changing so fast I don't want to invest a lot of money in case a bunch of better products come out within a few months of my purchase. I spent $200 on mine, and if an entirely new line from several different manufacturers are released in the summer, I won't feel financially married to my last purchase.
    01-17-12 08:24 AM
    I mentioned Bluebox because there is an app in the appworld. Is there an app for Box or do you just use it through the browser?

Attention to the app description!
    01-17-12 08:49 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Attention to the app description!
    You know what I am doing when I get home today.
    01-17-12 12:50 PM
    You know what I am doing when I get home today.
    I bet it has nothing to do with storage!

Truth be said, one can have a lot of free space if willing to put up with multiple accounts...

4shared: 15gb
    SugarSync: 5.5gb (PlayBook app may be coming sometime this year)
    DropBox: 2gb
    Box.net: 50gb
    SkyDrive: 25gb

That's 97.5gb of cloud storage!!
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-17-12 at 01:45 PM.
    01-17-12 01:36 PM
    First off thanks for all the responses. It appears that most agree that the 16gb is adequate enough for my wife's tasks and entertainment at this time. She is not a gamer or does she plan on adding entire music family. One area she made utilize is the camera. I can see her show off the family photos on the PB since it can fit in her purse.

I was thinking that she can use a flash drive to store pictures, music, mp4 to save space. On line storage is a good suggestion too. One question is how much video can one record on a 16 gb? One feature I am curious about is the video feature where we can communicate with each other. How well does this work and do i need another PB or can I use another device/tablet(maybe silly ques.)

Bottom line is I am going to buy the used PB wait for update to the O.S. and play with the PB. Oh one more ques. if the update is a success will BB adjust the price of the PB? Will there be a run on the 64 GB? Thanks for the responses thus far.
    01-17-12 09:23 PM
    everyone talking about Box for cloud storage forgot to mention it has a maximum file size limit (around 25 MB IIRC). so video files are out. As for storage... well 64 GB isn't going to hold my 500 GB sized movie collection any better than 16 will really so there's no difference as far as I'm concerned.
    01-17-12 10:01 PM
    I bet it has nothing to do with storage!

Truth be said, one can have a lot of free space if willing to put up with multiple accounts...

4shared: 15gb
    SugarSync: 5.5gb (PlayBook app may be coming sometime this year)
    DropBox: 2gb
    Box.net: 50gb
    SkyDrive: 25gb

That's 97.5gb of cloud storage!!

I haven't added 4shared or sugarsync yet but I am now rocking dropbox, box and skydrive. That should cover me for a while.

Thanks for the info!
    01-18-12 08:32 AM
    And there is always Box.net's free 50gb online storage...
    Are you sure it's 50? I signed up and it only shows 5gig.
    01-18-12 08:35 AM
    First off thanks for all the responses. It appears that most agree that the 16gb is adequate enough for my wife's tasks and entertainment at this time. She is not a gamer or does she plan on adding entire music family. One area she made utilize is the camera. I can see her show off the family photos on the PB since it can fit in her purse.

I was thinking that she can use a flash drive to store pictures, music, mp4 to save space. On line storage is a good suggestion too. One question is how much video can one record on a 16 gb? One feature I am curious about is the video feature where we can communicate with each other. How well does this work and do i need another PB or can I use another device/tablet(maybe silly ques.)

Bottom line is I am going to buy the used PB wait for update to the O.S. and play with the PB. Oh one more ques. if the update is a success will BB adjust the price of the PB? Will there be a run on the 64 GB? Thanks for the responses thus far.
    First off, IMHO, Tablets scream 'Cloud'! I really believe all Tablets are designed with the Cloud in mind. Since I already had my 'stuff' on Google. It was a quick switch for me. Music, pics, docs, etc.. I was impressed with how well music streamed and pics showed. Anyway, the Cloud and Tablets go hand in hand.
    01-18-12 08:52 AM
    First off, IMHO, Tablets scream 'Cloud'! I really believe all Tablets are designed with the Cloud in mind. Since I already had my 'stuff' on Google. It was a quick switch for me. Music, pics, docs, etc.. I was impressed with how well music streamed and pics showed. Anyway, the Cloud and Tablets go hand in hand.
    where do cloud storage solutions leave people who aren't on unlimited data plans though when they're not on a free WiFi network? You're better off having a phone with a 32GB+ microSD card for added storage. At least you can use that from tablet purchase to tablet purchase (as opposed to shelling out extra bucks for a higher storage tablet. Or do both for even more if you so desire)
    01-18-12 08:59 AM
    Are you sure it's 50? I signed up and it only shows 5gig.
    May I refer you to this post? Picture should answer it but:

- It is a PlayBook-only bonus;
    - Did you sign in with your PlayBook yet? Using the app, web does not count.
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-18-12 at 09:07 AM.
    01-18-12 09:04 AM
    seems like a decent deal. i would take it up and if your wife isn't a fan you can always resell it for the same price OR more or less
    01-18-12 09:57 AM
    My 16GB has 12GB available with several apps installed.
    01-18-12 12:54 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD