So, In seeing that the 16GB Playbook are being phased out and 32 and 64 are going to be the standard. Has RIM ever stated anything about providing a DATA transfer portal or a TRADE UP program for Users that want to bump up their DATA storage space and keep their APPS and DATA?
    06-16-12 12:59 PM
    Use the same bbid on your new pb and all of your apps will be available through app world. Lots of ways to transfer your data files, personally I find it easy to connect both up to my pc with usb cables and then do a drag and drop.
    06-16-12 01:37 PM
    Do a backup on OS-updated 16GB, start new PB using same BBID, let OS update, restore from backup.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    06-16-12 02:15 PM
    Do a backup on OS-updated 16GB, start new PB using same BBID, let OS update, restore from backup.
    Let me ask you this, with a different BBID will I be able to transfer videos/pictures to a new PB? That should work no problem right?
    06-16-12 03:42 PM
    Let me ask you this, with a different BBID will I be able to transfer videos/pictures to a new PB? That should work no problem right?
    yes but ud loose all ur purchased apps
    06-16-12 04:10 PM
    yes but ud loose all ur purchased apps
    I know. My plan is set up the new PB with the same BBID, get all my apps on it and then do a swipe on the old one and give it to my wife. I want her to set that one up with her BBID so we can video chat. Can that be done? At the very initial set up is when she'd put it under her BBID right? It's been a while since I saw those initial set up screens.
    06-16-12 04:27 PM
    I know. My plan is set up the new PB with the same BBID, get all my apps on it and then do a swipe on the old one and give it to my wife. I want her to set that one up with her BBID so we can video chat. Can that be done? At the very initial set up is when she'd put it under her BBID right? It's been a while since I saw those initial set up screens.
    You don't have to do a wipe to change the bbid, you can change it at anytime. If you do choose to wipe, then yes you can put in her bbid during the initial setup.
    06-16-12 05:33 PM
    You don't have to do a wipe to change the bbid, you can change it at anytime. If you do choose to wipe, then yes you can put in her bbid during the initial setup.
    If I change the BBID without doing the wipe, will she lose those apps and games I've purchased?
    06-16-12 06:01 PM
    Video, pics and music are yours, there's nothing locking them to one device. You can move those files either by USB or WIFI when on the same network.
    06-16-12 06:02 PM
    That's a great question. Hopefully RIM does offer a good trade up otion for all the pb owners of 16 gig pb's.
    06-16-12 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD