"..Sadly, there are many who still don't think it's worth that price due to the lack of apps. .."

LOL !

.... marketing gets them everytime not just for consumer goods also including politics !
    08-17-12 10:53 PM
    I'm not sad, I love every minute of it too it's just the resale price. Now I'll be selling it at a quarter of the price I paid for it if I decide to upgrade in the near future let alone a half.

And critical apps would be ones that are on every platform that everyone uses like Netflix, Skype, Hulu, ect. May not bother you but does bother many who use those apps on a regular basis like me.
    Retail production model electronics are NOT an investment. You'll never be able to resell anything at regular purchase price to someone in most cases, it's easier for them to buy the product themselves at a store, get the warranty, have a physical location to return/exchange the product and so forth.

Again, these are not investments.
    robtanz likes this.
    08-17-12 10:58 PM
    "..Sadly, there are many who still don't think it's worth that price due to the lack of apps. .."

LOL !

.... marketing gets them everytime not just for consumer goods also including politics !
    seriously there are so many apps in the store now. i would not have time to go through all of them anyways. i seriously do not need 150 apps doing the same thing with different looking front end. i have better things to do like browsing through ........ crackberry forum.
    08-18-12 01:21 PM
    Seems like there are a lot of 16 GB still out there. combine that with the $50 pack of case, screen protector and the Rapid charger....How could anything go wrong... go wrong... go wrong...

Brian
    08-19-12 02:59 PM
    The 16's are gone at Future Shop and Bestbuy...but I did note that Staples.ca has them at $149
    08-19-12 03:03 PM
    I would suggest Box or Dropbox allows you to extend the storage somewhat - you can move the things around through the cloud that you don't use all the time - so they don't have to take up space on your PB.
    08-19-12 03:07 PM
    Get a second one and do video chat with the wife!

At that price, and what she plans to do with it (web, video/music, read magazine, play a few games or read books?) it is nice having around!!!

Since you already have a Playbook if you want video chat, get another. We all know Skype won't be coming any time soon.

If she gets Android/iPad you will likely pay more for less, except apps. Playbook has enough great apps, based on her usage, I do not think she will be missing anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    08-19-12 04:17 PM
    You're sad. I'm not.

What Critical apps are missing?

Duh .... working email, with folders, old messages, etc, etc . . .
    08-19-12 04:40 PM
    Got one for my parents anniversary present
    08-19-12 05:13 PM
    Duh .... working email, with folders, old messages, etc, etc . . .
    Do you own a BlackBerry Playbook?
    08-19-12 05:57 PM
    They also had a awesome accessories bundle. We got the BlackBerry leather case, charging dock, and a screen protector all for $49! Thats insane considering the dock itself is $80. I couldnt say no to that! Thanks to the OP for tossing this up. I probably wouldnt have noticed.
    Is this package only available to someone who buys a new PB? That's a great price.
    08-19-12 06:27 PM
    This is an excellent price.

Question for everyone: Thinking of picking up a 2nd one for my wife who will just use it around the house for internet, some reading, recipes, email. Is 16 GB enough memory?

Also, at this price I do not plan to put a screen protector on? Is this a bad decision?

Brian
    Just because it's $150 bucks does not mean you don't protect your device. Unless you make boat loads of money and will be moving on to another device in 6 months. Never hurt to keep all your devices in tip top shape.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    08-19-12 07:46 PM

Since you already have a Playbook if you want video chat, get another. We all know Skype won't be coming any time soon.
    A Skype app may not come soon, a Web based version from Microsoft/Outlook.com may come out. Not sure if it will be compatible with the PlayBook.
    08-19-12 09:19 PM
    16 GB is enough, but is 7" enough? My wife hates reading on the PB due to the screen size.
    I'm not sure I would want to ask my wife if 7" is enough to keep her happy or not!!!
    08-20-12 09:27 AM
    Do you own a BlackBerry Playbook?
    Yes I do. And thank goodness there are Android email clients that work well on the PB, because the native email client is still crippled, even with the 2.1 beta.

It's by far the least functional of any current tablet.
    08-20-12 09:35 AM
    Yes I do. And thank goodness there are Android email clients that work well on the PB, because the native email client is still crippled, even with the 2.1 beta.

It's by far the least functional of any current tablet.
    Gee, mine works great. Maybe you should sell yours for your health's sake.

Sent from my treat of the week.
    08-20-12 02:57 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD