This is an excellent price.

Question for everyone: Thinking of picking up a 2nd one for my wife who will just use it around the house for internet, some reading, recipes, email. Is 16 GB enough memory?

Also, at this price I do not plan to put a screen protector on? Is this a bad decision?

Brian
    Last edited by CanadianBB; 08-17-12 at 08:43 AM.
    vpblaze likes this.
    08-17-12 08:40 AM
    enough for lite user
    08-17-12 08:43 AM
    Yeah for what you described, it's more than enough....BUT you always end up doing more with it than you originally planned! That's the effects of the PB! LOL and as for the screen protector, does she have long nails and wears rings all the time then I would suggest getting a screen protector
    08-17-12 08:59 AM
    16gb is a good size memory to use if you are only surfing the web, or the email function on the playbook. But if you are looking at putting alot of films on the playbook as well as photos and music then you might want to think about upgrading the memory in my opinion.
    08-17-12 09:10 AM
    How would anyone know what your wife is like in terms of usage? Ask her instead of strangers on the internet..........
    Errr he wasn't asking us what his wife would be doing, as the OP already stated what she will be doing, he was asking what size of PB would be good for what he stated she's planning on doing....that's all LOL It's. Amazing what people interpret what they read on the Internet LOL
    Cracklen likes this.
    08-17-12 09:17 AM
    16 GB is enough, but is 7" enough? My wife hates reading on the PB due to the screen size.
    08-17-12 09:23 AM
    Thanks everyone. I think the 16gb should be perfect.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-17-12 12:30 PM
    I put a lot of games and apps on mine and 16gb is still enough. I'd only get a larger one if you store stuff like mp3 collections and hd video.
    08-17-12 12:43 PM
    I wish I lived in Canada, as I see they do not have international shipping. Vancouver is my favorite city in the world, and I build cities for a living.
    08-17-12 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Will be picking one up here instead of at Staples. It's my dads birthday
    08-17-12 12:51 PM
    Nice, I bought mines used but mint condition for $140 with case yesterday, would've bought brand new if I knew it was on sale.. Last I checked it was for $179 in my local Futureshop..
    08-17-12 02:12 PM
    I just picked up a second one for my wife. I have the 32gb version and I use it everyday at work, for work, and the only time I come close to using the full 32gb is when I upload movies for my business travels - or if i've been on vacation and have taken a lot of videos.

16gb is a good size for a second PB.

I can't get over the price for such a powerful tablet!
    08-17-12 02:27 PM
    ...and I picked it up for $149 at Fshop - again...amazing price!
    08-17-12 02:28 PM
    Wow from $499 a year and half ago to $149 today. That's an insane price drop and must hurt RIM big time and also us who have paid full price for the thing.
    08-17-12 03:13 PM
    I just picked one up for the house, Id like to be able to vid chat the kids etc. Got it from staples, they matched the 149, plus gave me a $10 gift card for sears.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-12 04:06 PM
    Wow from $499 a year and half ago to $149 today. That's an insane price drop and must hurt RIM big time and also us who have paid full price for the thing.
    Sadly, there are many who still don't think it's worth that price due to the lack of apps.
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-17-12 04:12 PM
    Just got back from Future Shop. Picked up a second PB for the wife so she will stay off mine! Couldnt be happier. They also had a awesome accessories bundle. We got the BlackBerry leather case, charging dock, and a screen protector all for $49! Thats insane considering the dock itself is $80. I couldnt say no to that! Thanks to the OP for tossing this up. I probably wouldnt have noticed.
    bitek and bungaboy like this.
    08-17-12 05:14 PM
    so what. let them sell as many as possible at this price.when pb was released there were no $199 or $249 tablets. now there is planty

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-12 07:19 PM
    Doesn't bother me that I paid a lot more. I enjoyed every minute I have owned it.

I am happy for the people who can get it for $149.99.
    08-17-12 07:31 PM
    Sadly, there are many who still don't think it's worth that price due to the lack of apps.
    You're sad. I'm not.

What Critical apps are missing?
    08-17-12 07:32 PM
    You're sad. I'm not.

Many or none depending on what you use your tablet for.
    There's no one-size fits all answer for this question.
    08-17-12 07:45 PM
    Doesn't bother me that I paid a lot more. I enjoyed every minute I have owned it.

I am happy for the people who can get it for $149.99.
    I'm not sad, I love every minute of it too it's just the resale price. Now I'll be selling it at a quarter of the price I paid for it if I decide to upgrade in the near future let alone a half.

And critical apps would be ones that are on every platform that everyone uses like Netflix, Skype, Hulu, ect. May not bother you but does bother many who use those apps on a regular basis like me.
    Last edited by luqman24; 08-17-12 at 07:51 PM.
    08-17-12 07:48 PM
    I'm not sad, I love every minute of it too it's just the resale price. Now I'll be selling it at a quarter of the price I paid for it if I decide to upgrade in the near future let alone a half.

And critical apps would be ones that are on every platform that everyone uses like Netflix, Skype, Hulu, ect. May not bother you but does bother many who use those apps on a regular basis like me.
    Make someone happy. Give it away. LoL

How long did you go without the Jets? :-) The aps will come.

Sent from my treat of the week.
    08-17-12 08:13 PM
    You're sad. I'm not.

Everyone has different needs, so having a big selection of apps makes everyone happy.

Compare the apps for the PB to the apps available for the iPad or Android tablets and you'll see a big difference in selection.

What critical apps are missing? Whichever apps aren't available on the PB that someone wants/needs. And there are a lot of people in this boat.
    08-17-12 08:30 PM
    16 GB is enough, but is 7" enough? My wife hates reading on the PB due to the screen size.
    My wife also thinks 7" is too small....
    robtanz likes this.
    08-17-12 09:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD