There's nothing wrong with the playbook....except for apps....otherwise you can't beat the build....
    Browser and keyboard on Playbook is getting terrible. I haven't turned on my PB for more than 3 months now.
    07-03-13 12:20 AM
    There's nothing wrong with the playbook....except for apps....otherwise you can't beat the build....
    Just wait for the android runtime update. Once it allows the _sys_android_rrr permission, almost any app on android will run
    Like waiting for BB10
    look_alive likes this.
    07-03-13 01:58 AM
    Two thoughts, from a gadget geek.

First, just because the PB won't be getting BB10'doesnt make it any better or worse than it was before you knew this. If you were able to do everything you wanted / needed to before the Announce,net, what can't you do today? It still does the exact same thing.

Having said that, if you're bound and determined to get something else, the best bang for the buck is probably the Nexus 7. It's a fantastic tablet that let's you do just about anything in a great form factor and the price is right. You really can't go wrong with an N7 (though you should check where they are in a refresh cycle, as I believe there's a rumored upgrade coming).
    07-03-13 02:11 AM
    My niece is about your age.
    She enjoys her Kindle Fire.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:50 AM
    So it only has 3-4 hour battery life? With the brightness up and WIFI on, that thing would be done in twenty minutes! Could you buy extra batteries? And would you stick with a PlayBook until it dies or wait till a seven inch windows tablet then get rid of it?
    If your playbook still working, I don't see the reason to get another tablet at this time. There will always be newer and shinier tablet coming out every few months. Not even the working people can afford to change their tablet that frequently. Despite all the complaints about what the playbook lack as a tablet. I still have difficult time to find a better tablet that has all the good points about playbook out there. Even the most expensive one.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-13 07:01 AM
    Just wait for the android runtime update. Once it allows the _sys_android_rrr permission, almost any app on android will run
    That's how I have almost every single app you can think of on my BBZ10
    if the playbook gets it...then i would be happy...
    07-03-13 08:04 AM
    Browser and keyboard on Playbook is getting terrible. I haven't turned on my PB for more than 3 months now.
    don't use it enough ...to notice
    07-03-13 08:05 AM
    if the playbook gets it...then i would be happy...
    Fairly certain it will in next update
    The current android runtime in BB10 supports it, so I don't see why they don't send it to PB
    I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with JB 4.2.2 on PB in coming update
    07-03-13 08:13 AM
    I would stay put. Keep the laptop and PB. In my opinion, there is no cheap tablet that can completely replace a laptop. Especially not an iPAD1. If you are generally happy with the PB, keep it. If you really want to replace the PB, I think you could get about $100 for it with all the accessories. This no-name tablet at Walmart has some pretty good specs. I don't know how well the manufacturer will support with updates, tho.
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory, M470BSA: Computers : Walmart.com
    don't use it enough ...to notice
    Fairly certain the browser and keyboard are the same. He's probably just used to the much slicker BB10 OS
    Fairly certain it will in next update
    The current android runtime in BB10 supports it, so I don't see why they don't send it to PB
    I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with JB 4.2.2 on PB in coming update
    I would be suprised if playbook ever sees another update period.
    FF22, howarmat and look_alive like this.
    07-03-13 08:22 AM
    On the other side... it is probably acceptable that BlackBerry messed up with matured minds... but affecting minor mind, that's too much...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    07-03-13 09:01 AM
    I would be suprised if playbook ever sees another update period.
    It will. It will receive more updates than legacy devices.
    Once the legacy devices go, then maybe PB may go
    07-03-13 10:32 AM
    It will. It will receive more updates than legacy devices.
    Once the legacy devices go, then maybe PB may go
    Did someone from BB accidentally tweeted again?
    Cynycl and FF22 like this.
    07-03-13 10:35 AM
    I still like my PlayBook and use it everyday. Mostly for media consumption now. Pandora videos and flash player through HDMI on the TV.

Also email, and in the car mount. Toy Story 3 on long trips with a 2 yr old is magical.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-13 12:10 PM
    Use your playbook and wait until fall when a new bunch of much improved tablets will be out. If you want to root your tablet don't get a Kindle. Before you buy make a list of your needs and wants and deal breaker features. Analyze your purchase as if you were buying something for your business. Learn something about the rationale of decision making.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-13 02:18 PM
    Oh and as to the title of this thread, weren't we all then haha
    07-03-13 04:21 PM
    Do not get the ipad 1 because it will not receive iOS7.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-03-13 04:33 PM
43 12