I am 14 and since day one of the PlayBook, I wanted one sooo badly. After saving up (which seemed like forever), I finally had enough for one at the end of 2012 and got one. I knew that there were better tablets on the market, but I I heard that a new OS would be coming to the PlayBook, so I got it. I really love it and have fought ferociously for it in arguments (especially at school where people think BlackBerry is a piece of sh!t, which I am started to believe) and have defended it. When I heard that BB10 wouldn't be coming to the PlayBook, I couldn't look at it, I was just so angry, and I knew I needed to get a new tab. So I'm 14 and really don't make much money, and I was looking at windows tablets, and they cost an arm and a leg, so that's not gonna work out. Then i saw a refurb iPad mini for 279 and thought that was doable. Then i saw an ipad 1 for 160 and thought that was a better deal. The way I plan on paying for a new tablet is selling my old laptop I bought before my PlayBook ( a Toshiba Satellite L635 ). I am pretty sure I can sell it for 230, which isn't too bad. My idea was replace it with a big tablet which can do what a laptop can and has a better app selection, and be able to keep the PlayBook. If I want the iPad mini, I'd need to sell both (I'd need a case and I already have an ipad case), and even though I am angry, I would miss the PlayBook. What would u do? Sell the laptop and get the iPad 1, sell both and get iPad mini, or wait till 7 inch windows 8 tab comes out and work for that.
    What would you do???

-Ben

PS:

How much could I sell a 16 gb pb for in good condition with orig box, soft shell, neoprene case and charger for?

Thanks

Sent from my (cheap ***) Motorola Admiral using CB Forums mobile app
    07-02-13 10:24 PM
    i must tell you that ipad one is not good at all ,, no new os not good and sharp screen . its still on ios 5.if you need help on getting a good android tablet i can help you . for 160 us $ you can easily get a tab with 2gb ram and latest android and an awesome processor with micro sd card slot and many other good features...
    07-02-13 10:34 PM
    What are some good, inexpensive Android Tablets?
    07-02-13 10:38 PM
    if you want to wait for windows 8 tab with seven inch screen its not a good wait.I have used microsoft surface and also surface pro... the windows 8 rt which comes in cheap windows 8 tablets such as surface does not have good software compatibility .surface pro has a good windows 8 experience but it costs alot.Windows 8 rt tabs mostly rely on windows store.My advice for you is to get an android tablet or just wait for some new to come
    playbooks likes this.
    07-02-13 10:38 PM
    What are some good, inexpensive Android Tablets?
    For 99 us $ u can get a better tab then nexus 7
    07-02-13 10:39 PM
    For 99 us $ u can get a better tab then nexus 7
    which is???????????
    07-02-13 10:42 PM
    07-02-13 10:47 PM
    "a Chinese MID with a resistive touch screen and choppy android with a .3 megapixel webcam".
    Tbh that is better than Nexus 7
    07-02-13 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the article, but WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEONE CONSIDER THE NOOK A TABLET????????????
    07-02-13 10:50 PM
    which is???????????
    i got 2 android tabs in price of one nexus 7 and both r quad core and both cost less than 100 $
    first is Onda V701s Quad Core and second is onda v711s quad core . fist one costs 89 $ and second costs 99$
    Specs for v711 and v701s
    Onda V701s Tablet Features:
    CPU: A31s Quad Core
    GPU: Power VR SGX544
    RAM 1GB,DDR3
    Storage 8GB
    Size: 7 inch
    Display: TFT
    Resolution: 1024*600
    Visible Angle: 165�
    Front Camera: 0.3 Megapixels
    Android Market Yes
    Gravity Sensor Yes
    Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
    Earphone Interface 3.5mm
    Multi-Touch Yes, 10 points touch
    Video: MP4/3GP/3G2/RM/RMVB/ASF/FLAC/APE/MOV etc.
    Music MP3/WMA/FLAC/APE/WAV/RA/Ogg/MIDI/3GP etc.
    Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
    Email and Browser: Yes, built in
    Skype Yes
    WIFI: 802.11b/802.11g / 802.11n
    OTG Function: Support
    Work Time: Up to 3~4 hours
    Weight: 280g
    Size: 192*122*7.4mm
    Battery : 3700mAh
    07-02-13 10:51 PM
    both supoort usb on the go and can easily be rooted
    07-02-13 10:52 PM
    Or, even better, go to Amazon.com....search "Android Tablet"....then, sort by price from high to low and just page back until you get to a place where the price point is what you want....match that with a tablet that has a good review (I would look for 3.5 stars or higher) and VOILA! New Tablet
    07-02-13 10:54 PM
    So it only has 3-4 hour battery life? With the brightness up and WIFI on, that thing would be done in twenty minutes! Could you buy extra batteries? And would you stick with a PlayBook until it dies or wait till a seven inch windows tablet then get rid of it?
    07-02-13 10:57 PM
    i got 2 android tabs in price of one nexus 7 and both r quad core and both cost less than 100 $
    first is Onda V701s Quad Core and second is onda v711s quad core . fist one costs 89 $ and second costs 99$
    Specs for v711 and v701s
    Onda V701s Tablet Features:
    RAM 1GB,DDR3
    Storage 8GB
    Size: 7 inch
    Resolution: 1024*600
    Visible Angle: 165�
    Front Camera: 0.3 Megapixels
    Android Market Yes
    Gravity Sensor Yes
    Earphone Interface 3.5mm
    Video: MP4/3GP/3G2/RM/RMVB/ASF/FLAC/APE/MOV etc.
    Skype Yes
    Work Time: Up to 3~4 hours
    Weight: 280g
    Size: 192*122*7.4mm
    Battery : 3700mAh
    screen is crappy and that only has 8 gb or storage which is pretty damn next to nothing. battery is abismal too.
    playbooks likes this.
    07-02-13 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the article, but WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEONE CONSIDER THE NOOK A TABLET????????????
    nook hd+ has full 1080p screen and google play access so you can run pretty much any android app and you can get it for around $160. its more a question of why not consider the nook.
    grover5 and Tim1131 like this.
    07-02-13 11:01 PM
    Oh. #learningexperience
    07-02-13 11:07 PM
    I think most people are confused at that age, one way or another
    playbooks, mkelley65 and eldricho like this.
    07-02-13 11:08 PM
    screen is crappy and that only has 8 gb or storage which is pretty damn next to nothing. battery is abismal too.
    brother i got a 16gb sd card on both so storage is not a problem .. what can u expect from a 90 $ tab man atlest. its giving you something...awesome for its price.... battery life is not very good... go for Onda V813 Quad Core 8 Inch IPS Screen if u need good battery life its for 139 $ .
    07-02-13 11:10 PM
    Onda V971s Quad Core is 160$ Onda V971s Tablet Features:
    RAM 1GB,DDR3
    Storage 16GB
    Size: 9.7 inch
    Resolution: 1024*768 TFT
    Daul Camera:Front 2.0 Megapixels,Back 2.0 Megapixels
    Video: 4K HD Videp Play with formats of MP4/3GP/3G2/RM/RMVB/ASF/FLAC/APE/MOV etc.
    Android Market Yes
    Miracast: Support
    Onda V971s Tablet Details:
    Earphone Interface 3.5mm
    Gravity Sensor Yes
    Skype Yes
    Work Time: Up to 6~8 hours
    Battery : Li-Poly 8000mAh
    07-02-13 11:13 PM
    I guess this is one reason not to give for a Nook

Barnes & Noble quits Nook tablets, stays focused on eReaders | ZDNet
    07-02-13 11:15 PM
    OP, mate, I know how you feel
    I'm only a few years older than you (so are a few of the experienced mods and devs afaik)
    I've been involved in this community since 2007 with my first BB Storm 2
    From my perspective, here's where I stand. Hear me out and read it through before you make a judgment for yourself
    I too have a BB PB, and I got it in 2011 when they were on sale
    I've been through the rooting state, etc, and have been through high and low with the PB
    Sure it's disappointing that BB10 isn't coming to the PB, but so what?
    BB10 doesn't run smooth on 1 gb ram period
    Why give up a smoother OS and go for a choppy laggy OS?
    Just because BB10 isn't coming as an OS doesn't mean the features won't be coming
    And remember, that as we learn more and more about the OS, we have found more and more capabilities that may potentially allow porting some things onto the playbook if BB decides to abandon it (which I don't think is the case)
    People have already gotten a dev version running on the PB, so who says we can't get more running?
    Also, PB chipset is very much like the Z10 STL100-1. We already know why it freezes if you load the 100-1 OS, so what's stopping us from fixing that? (Not saying it will be done anytime soon, but I will tell you one of the very best devs on our forum is aware of this problem )
    Lastly, what functions do you want on a tablet that the PB currently doesn't have?
    Once we get the android runtime updated on the PB, I can get just about every app to run on the PB

I guess, what I'm trying to get at is don't give up on the PB just because it didn't get a shiny new OS. I personally think it would be worse if it did, and that Thorsten made the right call. I'm not happy with the decision, because I feel if we could get our hands on that os, we may be able to hybridize it. But apart from that, my PB does what it needs to.
    playbooks, eldricho and jgenn3 like this.
    07-02-13 11:15 PM
    nook hd+ has full 1080p screen and google play access so you can run pretty much any android app and you can get it for around $160. its more a question of why not consider the nook.
    The screen resolution is way high for this processor and lack of front cam kills it for me
    07-02-13 11:17 PM
    i would choose from here....of course you could always go with a cn tablet.......2 crappy tablets.for the price of one..'hit and miss' .....

check specs......and Brand......availability of android o/s upgrade.....

its up to you
    07-02-13 11:18 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the playbook....except for apps....otherwise you can't beat the build....
    playbooks and axllebeer like this.
    07-02-13 11:19 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the playbook....except for apps....otherwise you can't beat the build....
    Just wait for the android runtime update. Once it allows the _sys_android_rrr permission, almost any app on android will run
    That's how I have almost every single app you can think of on my BBZ10
    playbooks likes this.
    07-02-13 11:23 PM
43 12