RIM can still come back they say. Link below.

Do not despair, all is not lost.

BBC News - Blackberry maker RIM reports loss but sees cash pile grow
    Lhendr likes this.
    09-29-12 11:50 AM
    I bought 3 of those 130,000
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 11:52 AM
    No it shipped 130,000.
    00stryder, mikeo007 and Elite1 like this.
    09-29-12 11:56 AM
    I've bought a total of 3 PlayBook's since last June. Ive been able to grow my local "Friends/Family" PlayBook users to 7
    DC506 and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-12 11:57 AM
    I'm thinking I may get a couple for presents.
    esk369, DC506 and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-12 12:00 PM
    I bought one for my daughter three weeks ago and it's been great because we video chat every week. I also like it for texting her with textplus because my phone has lousy buttons. I bought another this week for a replacement should the screen break or battery die. Such an amazing deal. I use docs to go for portfolio management and bookkeeping, the calendar is great and syncs with the cloud, I think RIM can pull it off.
    bungaboy and esk369 like this.
    09-29-12 12:21 PM
    I'm thinking I may get a couple for presents.
    +1 I've been thinkin the same.
    bungaboy and DC506 like this.
    09-29-12 12:30 PM
    I'm surprised that they could only move 130,000 with the price cut. Small by comparison to the fruity people. Not sure about Google and Amazon.

Sent from my obsolete HP Touchpad
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-29-12 12:31 PM
    I've gained two more in last couple of weeks. The last price drop made it no brainer to get as many as you could afford/want.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 12:54 PM
    I'm surprised that they could only move 130,000 with the price cut. Small by comparison to the fruity people. Not sure about Google and Amazon.

Kinda sad...HP reportedly sold over a million touchpads in the firesale, and the touchpad was total crap.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-29-12 12:56 PM

The latest quarter ended before the big price cuts, I believe.

Sent from.....the future.
    09-29-12 01:30 PM
    Well no knows about the playbook and when they ask they get told not to get it and RIM is dead so................

Touchpads sold because they can be rooted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 01:31 PM
    Kinda sad...HP reportedly sold over a million touchpads in the firesale, and the touchpad was total crap.
    Hey now, my touchpad runs android better than the newer android tablets. Not that I use the Android side much, I love webos too much...

I loves my touchpad.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Elite1 and lovemyplaybook like this.
    09-29-12 01:34 PM
    Disagree that HP Touchpad was total crap. HP like RIM came out with an Operating System that had too many flaws. HP TP as shipped initially would not operate well at all, upgrades followed and now it is reasonable if not great. It is closest to resembling the current BBPB system with cards and multitasking. The appworld still exists and maybe one can still run Skype on it, I don't really care. It has a decent genealogy app and an outstanding music app. You can run an Android dual boot on it. If Leo had not precipitously pulled the plug they would have made a go of it. And yes they had a 7" tablet of which there are a few examples. And had phones also. Palm was a pioneer like RIM. But no big media content like Amazon, Apple and what Google is building. Thus HP in a lot of ways was in the same competitive situation as RIM is now. And don't forget that HP pioneered the fire sale those of you who got really low priced BBPB. And even gave me $350 back on my regular price purchase of the TP. But I assume that Mike has had a bad experience with a HPTP. The phrase "total crap" should be used with backup.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-29-12 01:52 PM
    I do not believe the firesale is included in this latest financial report

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-12 02:00 PM
    I bought over 30 (mostly on ebay), and have given them out to friends, family, and coworkers. Most love it.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    bodjor likes this.
    09-29-12 05:46 PM
    I do not believe the firesale is included in this latest financial report

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    correct, the 99-120 pricing is not figured in on the report. The next earnings call will include some holiday sales and the firesale pricing.
    09-29-12 05:53 PM
    No it shipped 130,000.
    Given how it's sold out most places, shipped and sold is the same thing.
    09-29-12 06:51 PM
    Oh great.... Now a few thousand more new Crackberrians to:

Ask where's Skype and Netflix...

Complain about not enough "free" apps.....

Ask how to get Google Play on the PB....

Speculate on the release date of 2.1....

Oh well...
    09-29-12 06:52 PM
    Oh great.... Now a few thousand more new Crackberrians to:

Ask where's Skype and Netflix...

Complain about not enough "free" apps.....

Ask how to get Google Play on the PB....

Speculate on the release date of 2.1....

Oh well...

More RIM's fault for not providing features than consumers asking for them.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-12 07:16 PM
    No it shipped 130,000.
    You are slowing down. Usually you are in quicker to trash a thread.

It doesn't ship. They ship.
    09-29-12 08:20 PM
    Slow arriving but you still made it inside 10 posts.
    TheScionicMan and Toodeurep like this.
    09-29-12 08:24 PM
    A major manufacturer can't afford to turn the lights on at the plant they make them for 130k units a quarter. That is bad. The only good thing about it is that it's not like a car. If your Playbook exploded you were gonna replace it anyway, you don't need spare parts like if your car broke down. This means you'd just buy the latest and greatest thing on the market at the time. It's sad for RIM, but it still works out for the consumer either way..... You have nothing to lose by them stopping production. 2 years from now it'll be obsolete anyway.
    Last edited by o. l. t.; 09-29-12 at 08:44 PM.
    09-29-12 08:28 PM
    What is wrong when only two negative Nancys post in a thread about 130,000 PlayBooks sold, shipped or fell off the wagon?

I bought 7 of the 130,000. So I guess you could say I earn the right to comment in this thread.
    DC506, esk369, Dapper37 and 1 others like this.
    09-29-12 08:31 PM
    No it shipped 130,000.
    You are slowing down. Usually you are in quicker to trash a thread.

It doesn't ship. They ship.
    09-29-12 08:33 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD