Aug. 17th, 2011 marks 120 since the launch of the Playbook in North America. By all means, it still needs a bit of work, features missing, etc. Do we still wait? and hope? Does RIM have any chance of coming through with any meaning updates that add to the device, rather than Adobe Flash updates?

RIM reports earning for Q2 on September 15th and it'll be interesting if "shipped" turns into "sold" Playbook units... Still waiting RIM...
    08-17-11 11:43 AM
    Aug. 17th, 2011 marks 120 since the launch of the Playbook in North America. By all means, it still needs a bit of work, features missing, etc. Do we still wait? and hope? Does RIM have any chance of coming through with any meaning updates that add to the device, rather than Adobe Flash updates?

RIM reports earning for Q2 on September 15th and it'll be interesting if "shipped" turns into "sold" Playbook units... Still waiting RIM...
    Dying to see earnings report. Can't be good. Especially after reading about the woeful sales of HP's tablet. HP TouchPad a dud at Best Buy, sell-through rate falls below 10%
    08-17-11 01:20 PM
    I don't know why you're getting so emotionally attached calaviqpfza4 (seriously worst forum nic ever) .

I don't even think you own a Playbook.

Their earnings report will most likely be pretty decent since they have a very strong foothold in developing markets.Limited functionality and miles behind the i-products or not.
    08-17-11 01:26 PM

Flash/Air updates are actually meaningful updates --- because it affects all the 3rd party apps.
    08-17-11 01:40 PM
    All eyes are on the Newer BlackBerry phones.. in my case it's the Bold 9900.
    i think the big wigs in Waterloo are hoping Playbook owners will forget they have a playbook.
    08-17-11 01:40 PM
    see 9900 getting alot of attention, even amongst apple fanboys...i like it
    08-17-11 01:48 PM
    I say we celebrate with a big bonfire.
    08-17-11 01:49 PM
    see 9900 getting alot of attention, even amongst apple fanboys...i like it
    What does that have to do with the Playbook?

"Hey, look over there!"

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-17-11 01:56 PM
    Not expecting it but I hope they put out something soon to shut everyone up including myself. No matter how much I complain about mssing function I could care less about email and pim, give me the rest. I do know if they are going to sell to users of other devices it needs it all.

So I dare you RIM, shut us up all ready.
    kirson and LewLew23 like this.
    08-17-11 02:06 PM
    Flash/Air updates are actually meaningful updates --- because it affects all the 3rd party apps.
    WHAT 3rd party apps?
    08-17-11 02:34 PM
    All eyes are on the Newer BlackBerry phones.. in my case it's the Bold 9900.
    i think the big wigs in Waterloo are hoping Playbook owners will forget they have a playbook.
    It's getting harder and harder to keep the hope alive. I agree with others - I don't really need the native email/PIM - but when the heck are we going to see some of the basic improvements in usability? Come ON RIM!!
    08-17-11 02:36 PM
    08-17-11 03:18 PM
    No Joke:

I had dream last night and Mike Lazaridis told me that he "was going to have something for me on Monday."

I need better dreams.
    08-17-11 04:07 PM
    Spell check and Auto correct would be GREATLY appreciated!
    feldmen01, sashas and Rello like this.
    08-17-11 04:16 PM
    Talked to some RIM rep's recently and look for big and exciting changes to happen in September, I raised issues about native PIM, android player etc, and he said to look for big changes in September and even classified the changes as a "playbook re-launch"
    08-17-11 04:17 PM
    Tuesday is my guess... If its been around 35 days since the last update that is...

120 Days...I never imagined I would be waiting this long, I thought 60 days was a long time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 04:18 PM

Their earnings report will most likely be pretty decent since they have a very strong foothold in developing markets.Limited functionality and miles behind the i-products or not.
    I don't see how the PlayBook can help RIMM sales at all. "Developing Markets" are not going to be moving PlayBooks.
    Beakman likes this.
    08-17-11 04:25 PM
    I don't see how the PlayBook can help RIMM sales at all. "Developing Markets" are not going to be moving PlayBooks.
    It's not like its doing any better in "developed markets" either
    08-17-11 05:38 PM
    Talked to some RIM rep's recently and look for big and exciting changes to happen in September, I raised issues about native PIM, android player etc, and he said to look for big changes in September and even classified the changes as a "playbook re-launch"
    Wow they love to push that delivery window of "summer" right to fracking end don't they?!?! MFingSOBs!!! Rant over.
    08-17-11 05:43 PM
    A PB re-launch (along with addtional software worthy of that hardware) is a great idea. Hope they change the tone of the advertising too.
    08-17-11 05:48 PM
    Do we need yet another crybaby thread on this? Really?
    This serves no purpose, other than therapy for crybabies..
    My prediction holds. It will get here when it gets here.
    08-17-11 06:30 PM
    I truly hope this isn't a ploy to silence the restless PlayBook owners. I would love to see a "re-launch"... With every passing week I become more and more tired of owning a tablet with "plenty of potential". I just hope September sees the Potential Energy transformed into Kinetic Energy...

--Bounce
    Last edited by bounce007; 08-17-11 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
    08-17-11 06:43 PM
    With the apparent 'failure' of just about every non-iPad tablet (Galaxy Tab 10" reports about 500k sold), some will bail out of the tablet market and some will learn lessons from prior release strategies. With limitations on data usage and tethering by AT&T and Verizon, the field is changing. A ' relaunch' of the Playbook with the Android player and native PIM in September could set RIM up for an interesting holliday shopping season.

Other tablets were either just given up on by their manufacturers or were given one (maybe two) updates. At least RIM seems committed to moving the Playbook forward.
    anon(767240) likes this.
    08-17-11 06:58 PM
    It will get here when it gets here.
    08-17-11 07:01 PM
    A PB re-launch (along with addtional software worthy of that hardware) is a great idea. Hope they change the tone of the advertising too.
    Maybe by then, the "amateur hour is over" will make sense. Who knew; by "amateur" they were actually referring to the first 5 months of their own product.
    howarmat and mtint like this.
    08-17-11 07:01 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD