Okay, when I am using a program like InstaPhoto and am going to choose a picture to edit i get literally thousands of images. It's almost as though it is reading the cache from the browser. Although I cleared the browser of all temp files. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix?
    07-07-12 06:38 PM
    I had the same issue with cache from Android Apps...sideloaded and App World submissions...I just searched through my files with the app File and Folders and deleted said pictures.
    chm985 likes this.
    07-07-12 06:42 PM
    Yep, I guess I would call it a bug with Runtime -- certain sideloaded Android apps download and cache a s-load of images and keep them there on your PB. The Economist app does this -- every freaking cover for the last 3 years or so. As the gentleman said, Files and Folders....
    07-07-12 07:51 PM
    Ok, in Files and folders, but cannot find the Android folders. I am guessing it's mainly my WSJ app.Where do I find?
    07-07-12 07:56 PM
    find playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Android/data.

then look through the folders and delete any images you don't want. Hope this helps
    07-07-12 08:09 PM
    Try Ghost Commander which is Android itself. I used it to get rid of a whole bunch flags and aircraft icons that Kayak burdened me with.
    07-08-12 12:21 AM
    Yes, as soon as I installed the Wall Street Journal, I had a huge number of pictures show up in my pictures folder. Super annoying when I'm scrolling thru my pics to send one to somebody.

Q: will they all disappear if I uninstalled WSJ?
    07-08-12 11:44 AM
    Well, I couldn't wait so I decided to just go ahead and delete the WSJ app (don't really use it all anyways so no loss to me), and boom, all those unwanted pictures are gone.

Now, if only the PB brain trust can get these android app developers to keep the pictures in a separate location so their pics don't gum up my pictures folder. I understand the "pictures" "app" on the PB assembles all jpg files on the device and lists them. So I'm not exactly sure if the devs can actual,t do that. Maybe there should be a switch setting to include or exclude an app's jpg's from being listed in the PB Pictures app, with the default settings to exclude them.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-08-12 at 11:53 AM.
    07-08-12 11:50 AM
    Well, I couldn't wait so I decided to just go ahead and delete the WSJ app (don't really use it all anyways so no loss to me), and boom, all those unwanted pictures are gone.

Now, if only the PB brain trust can get these android app developers to keep the pictures in a separate location so their pics don't gum up my pictures folder. I understand the "pictures" "app" on the PB assembles all jpg files on the device and lists them. So I'm not exactly sure if the devs can actual,t do that. Maybe there should be a switch setting to include or exclude an app's jpg's from being listed in the PB Pictures app, with the default settings to exclude them.
    I guess the question/issue is if the various picture files are NOT called xxx.jpg (or png or whatever) would they remain hidden from the pb's picture app. Apps could use their own file extension or none if that would hide them.
    07-08-12 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD