Finally picked up a micro-hdmi cable and am enjoying this fine Saturday morning surfing CB from the comfort of the couch. Bridge Remote Control FTW!

Have Nobex playing some tunes too, just brilliant.

Sure I could simply have an HTPC and a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, but the BB as an input device is really great - plus 1080p res on the projector is just awesome.
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 03-03-12 at 11:22 AM.
    03-03-12 11:19 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Finally picked up a micro-hdmi cable and am enjoying this fine Saturday morning surfing CB from the comfort of the couch. Bridge Remote Control FTW!

Sure I could simply have an HTPC and a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, but the BB as an input device is really great - plus 1080p res on the projector is just awesome.
    WOW, I'm jealous BrizzardMan, it doesn't get to much better than that
    03-03-12 11:23 AM
    very nice.
    03-03-12 11:23 AM
    Awesome!! What projector is this? Really crisp picture!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-03-12 11:24 AM
    Totally Hawt. Love it. Nice entertainment unit you have below... where's that from? what's the length/width of it?? Looking for something similar for my condo.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-03-12 11:24 AM
    That's sick man
    03-03-12 11:37 AM
    100", is that the equivalent to a 12" c**k?
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-03-12 11:41 AM
    LOL, very nice indeed. Going to have to pick up a usb cable myself here soon. Of course if we DLNA......
    03-03-12 11:42 AM
    Projector is an Optoma HD20, does 1080p for cheap, & is nice and bright. My bonus room is south facing, so it does get a lot of light. Image is a bit washed out due to that, but still totally awesome.

Kevin - believe it or not, the entertainment unit is from IKEA (eep!), and it is actually two units together (they're designed to expand). Didn't break the bank (Entertainment units can get so damned expensive). Each one is 47" long - so 94" for my two together. IKEA has all sorts of doors/hardware for this, so you can style it however you want. I didn't put legs on this one although you can buy them, so it is 15" in height (16" depth).
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 03-03-12 at 02:31 PM.
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    03-03-12 11:48 AM
    Yeah, that's great !
    My 52" Sony HD LCD is jealous ! (but she just whispered : hey, I'm brighter ! ... the girls ... )
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-03-12 11:54 AM
    Nice isn't it?!? Mine's 120".
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-03-12 11:59 AM
    It's pretty amazing to get this capability for only $199. Not sure what it would cost for me to build an HTPC with similar specs - though I'd be in a lot deeper than 199 bux I'm sure.

For those that own multiple PlayBooks, I thought y'all were crazy! But...if DLNA comes to the PB - I could see myself scooping up a used 16G to leave hooked up to the home theatre! This is the first time I'm seen the marriage of web/net on the big screen work so well.

It's casual & comfortable.
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 03-03-12 at 02:39 PM.
    03-03-12 12:19 PM
    Is that full screen (stretch) mode? When I connect mine to my 40" Samsung, and put it stretch mode to fill the screen, it seems to overscan and cut off some on the bottom and on the top and the clock is missing a piece from the top.
    03-03-12 12:30 PM
    Is that full screen (stretch) mode? When I connect mine to my 40" Samsung, and put it stretch mode to fill the screen, it seems to overscan and cut off some on the bottom and on the top and the clock is missing a piece from the top.
    I have it on Stretch, yes. No issues here... 1080P @ 60Hz.

Do you experience that same problem with all resolutions on your TV?
    03-03-12 12:41 PM
    It's kind of odd emailing people from my tv!!
    03-03-12 12:49 PM
    I have it on Stretch, yes. No issues here... 1080P @ 60Hz.

Do you experience that same problem with all resolutions on your TV?
    I wouldn't know where to change the resolution. The TV has no option, but is a native 1080p. It has no overscan adjustment except in VGA mode.
    03-03-12 12:59 PM
    I wouldn't know where to change the resolution. The TV has no option, but is a native 1080p. It has no overscan adjustment except in VGA mode.
    Sorry - I meant change the ouput resolution on the PlayBook (HDMi settings from the main options menu)) . When you have it hooked up - you can change to 1080i, 720P, etc ... Have you tried those to see if it makes a difference?
    03-03-12 01:51 PM
    Totally Hawt. Love it. Nice entertainment unit you have below... where's that from? what's the length/width of it?? Looking for something similar for my condo.
    Looks like something from IKEA. They like to use good woods, and the color white for their High End products.
    03-03-12 01:51 PM
    Looks like something from IKEA. They like to use good woods, and the color white for their High End products.
    This unit is still partly pressed peanut shells though. The wife & I primed and then painted it the same color as our baseboards - so it looks less "Ikea" like in person. I think it was around $250 for both of them or thereabouts. As much as I loved some other real-wood units, I couldn't bring myself to spend $2K on one wide enough as a 'stage' for the projector.
    03-03-12 02:01 PM
    Sorry - I meant change the ouput resolution on the PlayBook (HDMi settings from the main options menu)) . When you have it hooked up - you can change to 1080i, 720P, etc ... Have you tried those to see if it makes a difference?
    I'm gonna have to check into that when I get a chance.
    03-03-12 02:17 PM
    I'd have to knock a wall out of my house to accommodate that size!
    03-03-12 02:56 PM
    Projector is an Optoma HD20, does 1080p for cheap, & is nice and bright. My bonus room is south facing, so it does get a lot of light. Image is a bit washed out due to that, but still totally awesome.
    I have the same setup and it is awesome. The HD20 is a steal for the quality and 100" screen makes movies and video games very enjoyable. PM me if you want to chat sometime about home theater.
    03-03-12 04:16 PM
    Let figured out how to get rid of the overscan!
    I went into my Samsung TV menu and under picture options I changed it from 16:9 to screen fit for HDMI 4 input and changed the PlayBook from "Stretch" to "Fill" in the settings. This displays everything exactly the same way as it is on the PB screen.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-03-12 05:19 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Those Icons are way bigger than they oughtta be.
    03-06-12 12:42 PM
    I have the same setup and it is awesome. The HD20 is a steal for the quality and 100" screen makes movies and video games very enjoyable. PM me if you want to chat sometime about home theater.
    While it can't beat the HD20 on price, anyone reading this thread and looking for a projector should check out the BenQ W6000. Originally costing almost $3000 it can now be had for $1500 fairly regularly as the W7000 has been introduced. It's a fantastic price for a really high-end projector, with features like lens shift you just don't find on the cheaper ones. Fantastic colour too, easily better than most LED LCD TVs (with proper calibration).
    03-06-12 12:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD