With all the negativity around the PB not having the BB10 update yet (and the subsequent speculation that it may never come), I thought I would share my thoughts around why the PB is a great purchase, in my opinion...regardless of the update, or lack thereof.

For the current market price on both new and used (or even slightly used) units, I still think it is an amazing �bang for the buck�. I managed to purchase 4 PB�s (I use 3 of them...1 still in the box) for around $100 each on Craigslist. Three of them are 32G units, and my daily driver is a 64G unit. All were purchased as new units.

Here are MY top 10 reasons:

1. As a Media Center, I have one connected to my 55"plasma tv, and I stream videos, music, and pictures from my home server to the tv, using the Kalemsoft app. I even use my BB phone as a remote control.

2. With the HDMI connection, I can hook it up to any tv, projector, or other display with HDMI support, and present a PowerPoint presentation...again, using my BB phone as a remote control.

3. Bridge - the ability to use my tablet as a true extension of my phone is an awesome feature.

4. The User Interface...the swipe features. I simply love the way it works. This may be a personal preference, but it�s intuitive, and it totally works for me. I helped my mom with her Android tablet recently, and got really frustrated with the whole Android UI. Again...this is probably a personal preference, but the BB UI works for me.

5. Bulletproof. It doesn�t feel cheap or flimsy. I have dropped a couple of them on occasion, and have been very pleased with the build quality and the ruggedness of the housing to �take a licking and keep on ticking�.

6. Multi-tasking. The ability to have several apps �doing their thing� and not missing a beat while running simultaneously is a great feature to me.

7. The screen quality is amazing for a tablet. I am very pleased with the quality of the media displayed, as well as the HD recording of video files recorded with the PB.

8. The stereo sound is excellent from the built-in speakers. I have yet to find a tablet, especially of that age, that can even come close to the quality of the sound.

9. Size and portability. It fits into small storage spaces, and with a slim protective case, takes up very little space. The fact that it can be connected to a larger screen through HDMI makes it the perfect size for a �daily driver� of a tablet. Use it as is for surfing, email, and other mainstream functions, while connecting to a larger screen for movies, presentations, etc.

10. Security. That famous BB security. Forget the need for an anti-virus app. You won�t need one. Period.

Keep in mind, that these are MY reasons, and there are certainly others. For the price point...and the features...even without BB10, it is incredible value.

So, let�s stop and think of all the things it does, and stop bashing it for what it doesn�t do.

Just my .02.
    06-18-13 01:18 AM
    I agree with all your findings. Got 2 of my own. The only thing I want now is the bb10 browser on the playbook

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-18-13 01:25 AM
    BBM?
    Better camera app?
    06-18-13 01:30 AM
    I agree. I still use my PlayBook quite a bit. As fast as the web browser on my Z10 is, I still prefer the larger screen on my PlayBook!

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and bbfan1040 like this.
    06-18-13 01:30 AM
    I agree with all your findings. Got 2 of my own. The only thing I want now is the bb10 browser on the playbook

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I agree about the browser. I would love a better browser, and even if BB10 doesn't come, I would settle for a better browser.
    06-18-13 01:34 AM
    I agree, its still a great little tablet that i use quite often.
    In showcase mode, for such a supposedly 'underpowered' device it does an amazing job.
    If and app takes a while to load i just do something else safe in the knowledge its buzzing away in the background!
    wanna watch youtube while browsing crackberry- no probs! does it with ease!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-18-13 01:54 AM
    Gotta love the multi-tasking and the user interface
    Everytime I have to pick up an android tablet it just fustrates me that it isn't as easy to work with!
    06-18-13 03:53 AM
    It is too bad that there will probably not be a successor Playbook tablet with tweaked specs. As noted, so many aspects were and are still unique.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-18-13 08:21 AM
    my 1 and only reason why my PB rocks.

1) it has a buldge on the back of the bb logo. it wont lie flat on the table. it rocks left and right when i type. it can also spin!

=P
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    06-18-13 08:34 AM
    It is too bad that there will probably not be a successor Playbook tablet with tweaked specs. As noted, so many aspects were and are still unique.
    Will be the Aristo! The phablet phone

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-18-13 08:37 AM

1) it has a buldge on the back of the bb logo. it wont lie flat on the table. it rocks left and right when i type. it can also spin!

=P
    Man u just stole the show.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-18-13 08:39 AM
    Will be the Aristo! The phablet phone

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Aristo is not a tablet, it's too small for me and many, too big for a phone. As much as they would like everyone to just use a phablet I'm sure there are many like me who are willing to and want to carry a tablet and a phone.
    FF22 and B Pretto like this.
    06-18-13 08:41 AM
    I only use it as a radio in the bathroom.
    The PS3 is a better media centre, the Nexus 7 a better tablet for apps and browsing on the go and the iPad a better alternate media viewer for the home.
    06-18-13 08:42 AM
    The PS3 is a better media centre, the Nexus 7 a better tablet for apps and browsing on the go and the iPad a better alternate media viewer for the home.
    I don't agree. And Playstation is too much effort to turn on. Especially when the controllers are dead.

With the playbook I use my phone

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-18-13 09:11 AM
    I don't agree. And Playstation is too much effort to turn on. Especially when the controllers are dead.

With the playbook I use my phone

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Except that with your PB, you have access to limited content
    06-18-13 10:02 AM
    That's your opinion, and that's all great, but I disagree with you, and I'm not making a comparison to anything else in this thread...simply pointing out the positive attributes of the device, and why it works FOR ME.
    Carl Estes and Cracklen like this.
    06-18-13 12:07 PM

=P

HAHAHAHAHA....I guess you got the "special edition" model. Nice one!!!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-18-13 12:08 PM
    Except that with your PB, you have access to limited content
    Still don't agree. Provide an example

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-18-13 04:47 PM
    Aristo is not a tablet, it's too small for me and many, too big for a phone. As much as they would like everyone to just use a phablet I'm sure there are many like me who are willing to and want to carry a tablet and a phone.
    Agreed. I don't want one.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:07 PM
    I always forget about the PB's magnetic charging port. I absolutely hate microUSB for such a frequent function as charging. I probably check orientation 3-4 times on my Nexus 7 before I can finally get it to connect. I just get the magnetic coupler close on the PB and it clicks right together. I bet I could do it blindfolded. Also, I still think it is one of the best desktop-like browsing experiences among mobile devices.
    heppyX, Carl Estes and B Pretto like this.
    06-18-13 05:44 PM
    I hope, BlackBerry could still see those "10 reasons"... for them to realize that there are still "reasons" to continually support the PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    06-18-13 09:03 PM
    It does support Khmer (Cambodian) font and email arrive much faster than my Q10 (I use the same Wifi connection).
    06-18-13 10:35 PM
    As a user of more than 1 platform depending on my needs, I like the way these all work together. I can move files with no wires as I see fit. I love the combination. I'm too much of a tech addict to have just 1 tablet.

I love the PlayBook. That's why I have more than 1. The back one is for the car mount, the other is my everyday PlayBook for on the go and then the White Note 10.1 is what I use when I need a PC. When I need to back up files on my HDD I just plug the Note into it, then transfer stuff from the PlayBook wirelessly through the Note and onto the HDD. I have no need for a PC anymore. Though I do turn it on from time to time to remind myself how much I have grown to hate Windows.

The PlayBook is so understated. I frequently use HDMI out like the OP, BlackBerry Bridge, keyboard case, video recorder, the Browser. You name it. I use all of these everyday.

Another thing that I use quite a bit it the "open on" feature. I get an email, there is a video or a document in it. I just choose open file, pic, or Web ink on the PlayBook. Awesome!

Let's say I'm downloading a file of whatever kind. The PlayBook gives me the choice of where to save it. On the PlayBook or my Bold SD card.
    With a little help form the PlayBook app called file browser, I can play all kinds of files from my Bold on the PlayBook. Copy them either direction or whatever.

The list goes on
    Attached Thumbnails 10 reasons why the PlayBook Rocks!!!-img_0001.jpg   10 reasons why the PlayBook Rocks!!!-img-20130619-00191.jpg  
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-19-13 at 12:28 AM.
    B Pretto and Carl Estes like this.
    06-19-13 12:17 AM
    i think my playbook has a virus? i have to keep master reseting it for it to work.
    10-29-13 11:33 AM
    i think my playbook has a virus? i have to keep master reseting it for it to work.
    What is happening to it? What is it doing to require a hard reset? Virus? Very unlikely. Did you/are you the ORIGINAL owner of the Playbook? Did you "Sideload" any apps onto it?

c
    10-29-13 02:52 PM
28 12