03-19-13 09:54 AM
41 12
tools
    03-17-13 04:49 PM
    Native BBM will be a must.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-17-13 04:54 PM
    Wow. I hope they keep making the 7" model as well(if this is true), a 10" model would be horrible if only size available. 7" is the perfect size for the keyboard and tablet fits easily in inner jacket pockets. The ipads are so big and klunky in my opinion. Worst mistake BB could make.
    03-17-13 07:46 PM
    It's funny how all the Apple fanboys scoffed at the 7" tablet (any brand) when iPads only came in one size. Now that 7" minipads are available, they are swooning over them because of the portability and convenience.

My point is that I don't think the playbook didn't sell well because of it's size. I think it is a mistake for blackberry to spread itself even thinner with a new tablet at this time. IMHO I think they should focus on a few BB10 handsets, and update the playbook.
    Sigh.....I don't really know who these fanboys are because they certainly weren't around here in any numbers, but one might do well to remember all the PB fanboys from CB who scoffed at 10 inch tablets.
    03-17-13 07:52 PM
    why would you post an article from 3rd of July 2012? if anyone would bother reading it you would see that the article quotes a 'blog' about a leaked roadmap.....Geeze people get a grip.....Read my Lips...or Read Thor's...RIM (BBry) Will only get back into the 'tablet' market if it is profitable......and i don't care how many roadmaps are leaked or how many 'faked' youtube videos...are posted....No 10 inch playbook.....infact i doubt RIM will every release another 'tablet'.
    03-17-13 08:34 PM
    why would you post an article from 3rd of July 2012? if anyone would bother reading it you would see that the article quotes a 'blog' about a leaked roadmap.....Geeze people get a grip.....Read my Lips...or Read Thor's...RIM (BBry) Will only get back into the 'tablet' market if it is profitable......and i don't care how many roadmaps are leaked or how many 'faked' youtube videos...are posted....No 10 inch playbook.....infact i doubt RIM will every release another 'tablet'.
    LoL i should have added.....

Of course given RIMs past debacle with the playbook....I only make the 'quoted comment' if saner heads prevail at the management level.
    03-17-13 08:40 PM
    I think they will release a 10 inch PlayBook with 128 gigs this year. Just like the road map suggests. The difference between now and then is, they actually have a really good OS that will be launching with the tablet. Like night amd day compared to the stripped down unfinished 0.8 software that launched with the first PlayBook.

I believe
    03-17-13 09:39 PM
    I don't know about the video AT ALL, and I don't get any clear connection between the article and the video. there are some intriguing little factoids, though, like a "NoteSmartly" app... handwriting recognition, perhaps? maybe integrated with Remember?

This sounds just plausible enough to be interesting...
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    03-17-13 09:52 PM
    Hope this would be rumors. Definitely this will fail because even the existing PlayBook owner won't buy it. How they screwed n betrayed by rim
    So make sure rim fix the old PlayBook owners before move new release.
    Otherwise own solders (existing PlayBook owners) will turn their weapons against rim

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:36 PM
    Hope this would be rumors. Definitely this will fail because even the existing PlayBook owner won't buy it. How they screwed n betrayed by rim
    So make sure rim fix the old PlayBook owners before move new release.
    Otherwise own solders (existing PlayBook owners) will turn their weapons against rim

Posted via CB10
    You don't speak for me.

I'd buy a Snapdragon S4 2GB RAM 10" PlayBook in a heartbeat. They better hurry, though, because I'd also seriously consider a Windows 8 (non-RT) tablet, too...
    BB_Bmore and SAM18 like this.
    03-17-13 10:41 PM
    You don't speak for me.

I'd buy a Snapdragon S4 2GB RAM 10" PlayBook in a heartbeat.
    Ditto!!
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    03-17-13 11:53 PM
    03-18-13 10:14 AM
    03-18-13 01:33 PM
    You don't speak for me.

I'd buy a Snapdragon S4 2GB RAM 10" PlayBook in a heartbeat. They better hurry, though, because I'd also seriously consider a Windows 8 (non-RT) tablet, too...
    I'm with you as well. I would prefer an 8 inch tablet though. 10 is too big and 7 is just too small for me.
    03-18-13 02:38 PM
    <quote>While he didn't comment directly on if a new PlayBook tablet was in the works, he did not that it goes "way beyond mobile communications".

"How can we take this to the next stage and not just be another tablet, or another design of a tablet? How can we really add value? ... Tablets in my view, from a hardware perspective, is a very difficult business. There's one company, kudos to them, that did it really well and they own the majority of the market." <unquote>

Too many "mays" and "no direct comments" to be of any value. Don't see how you can add value from "hardware". A tablet is a tablet. If BB10 running with correct RAM and processor doesn't add value, BBRY might as well throw in the towel.

And nobody in their right mind would be ready for another Playbook fiasco.
    03-18-13 02:42 PM
    03-19-13 09:54 AM
41 12