View Poll Results: If the 10 inch blackberry tablet came out today I would...

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy it and keep my 7 inch playbook too

56 44.09%
  • Sell my 7 inch playbook and buy the 10 inch

3 2.36%
  • I do not have a 7 inch playbook, or have another tablet brand

0 0%
  • Other

68 53.54%
    I really like how portable the PB is, and even though my eyes aren't getting any younger and I catch myself wanting a larger tablet, I think 10" might be too large. That being said, unless the BB10 comes through on the PB in due time, I wouldn't be interested in a 10" PB currently. I'm not willing to pay the current price for an Ipad, so that basically leaves android. With all this being said, I'm happy where I'm at for the foreseeable future.
    10-10-12 02:10 PM
    half the people voted other. please advise what u are refering to
    10-10-12 04:26 PM
    I may have mistakenly thought OTHER meant I would stick with what I have - the existing 7 inch model and not do anything else.
    10-10-12 05:07 PM
    I'd buy a 10" for Zinio. That's very likely the only thing I'd use it for, but that's actually enough to justify the purchase.
    10-10-12 05:15 PM
    Utilising the 7" solely for work would be perfect. I voted buy, but I'm a maybe buy. There are things which a 10" would be useful for in my profession. The 7" form factor works for me, but many of my residents find it difficult looking at the 7". A 10" would be great.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-10-12 05:25 PM
    I may have mistakenly thought OTHER meant I would stick with what I have - the existing 7 inch model and not do anything else.
    Thats not mistakenly. Looks like I forgot an option like that. shoot.
    diegonei and esk369 like this.
    10-10-12 05:44 PM
    I bought a 7" for a reason and that was better portability and handling. Still my primary reason after using it and personally have no need for 10". Not discounting others having a need for 10" though.
    Last edited by BB_Phoenix; 10-12-12 at 01:34 PM.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-10-12 05:46 PM
    I bought a 7" for a reason and that was better portability and handling. Still my primiary reason after using it and personally have no need for 10". Not discounting others having a need for 10" though.
    Same here. I am one of those that will be adding the 10 if it comes out though. one for lounging on the couch (10) and the 7 for taking with me and for my carry on bag
    10-10-12 05:51 PM
    I voted "other" in that I would keep the 7" PlayBook and not buy a 10" device. I am quite happy with the lightness and versatility of the 7" form factor. Anything requiring a larger form for me does not require portability (e.g.watching movies - plug the PlayBook to the TV via HDMI or general computing is done on a laptop and I transfer files to and from the PlayBook via WiFi).
    10-10-12 06:26 PM
    I do not share the view that the current PlayBook is a useful tool and all things considered I regret buying the current PB back in Nov 2011. I wrongly believed that RIM was working on addressing the major complaints regarding the PlayBook and it would be just a matter of time before those matters were addressed. I have since come to understand that this will not happen until after the BB10 phones are released and BB10 is released to work on the PlayBook. It would then be foolish for me to add a 10" disappointment to my current 7" one.
    10-10-12 06:46 PM
    Content with what I have.
    10-10-12 06:47 PM
    I had a 10" Android tablet and just sold it. My 7" Playbook is much more portable and lighter. I actually replaced the Android tablet with as Nexus 7 and carry both 7" tablets. A 10" tablet would really need to offer something much better to consider carrying something that large again.
    10-10-12 08:01 PM
    I would definitely consider an upgraded 7" playbook. Just give me a bit more ram, a bumped up processor, and maybe a flash for an upgraded still camera and I would be very happy. The 10" size is nice, but I much prefer the portability of the smaller form factor.
    10-10-12 08:15 PM
    I have several 10" HP TouchPads which get more use than my wife's BBPB, and plan on getting a Windows 8 Pro convertible laptop/tablet with a larger screen.
    10-11-12 02:16 AM
    There are times a larger screen might be nice, but overall I prefer the small tablet size.
    10-11-12 04:55 AM
    I like my 7". I bought it because it's easy to carry. No desire for a larger one.
    10-11-12 05:02 AM
    I would buy one to use around the house and to show it off but keep my 7" for travel

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry App
    This post makes the most sense unlike the other overly opinionated posts. A 10" tablet is excellent for home use and long trips away from home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    esk369 likes this.
    10-11-12 05:07 AM
    Where's the Keep your 7" tablet and not buy the 10" tablet. I have no use for a coffee table tray. When I'm home I have my laptop so I only need something portable to use when I'm out. It also does any of the little things that I would want a tablet to do around the house.
    COOKIE1003 likes this.
    10-11-12 05:38 AM
    I would definitely consider an upgraded 7" playbook. Just give me a bit more ram, a bumped up processor, and maybe a flash for an upgraded still camera and I would be very happy. The 10" size is nice, but I much prefer the portability of the smaller form factor.
    +1 and add a micro SD slot to boot! But if do get interested in a 10" Tablet then it'll probably be for home use.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-11-12 07:09 AM
    totally agree with nfl, the fool who started this thread left out the most obvious option & put it in the "other" catagory.
    keep what we've got cos i'm sure if i wanted a 10" tablet i'd have got one already.
    my sgs3 for ultra portability (work & going out)
    my playbook for having a look on web facebook etc whilst havin 5 mins on the setee & not forgettin watchin tv in the bath (lol).
    my pc or console for propper gaming or work .
    each piece of equipment/toy has its place but unless a 10" tablet is given to me for free , i've no need for one
    10-11-12 07:15 AM
    totally agree with nfl, the fool who started this thread left out the most obvious option & put it in the "other" catagory.
    keep what we've got cos i'm sure if i wanted a 10" tablet i'd have got one already.
    my sgs3 for ultra portability (work & going out)
    my playbook for having a look on web facebook etc whilst havin 5 mins on the setee & not forgettin watchin tv in the bath (lol).
    my pc or console for propper gaming or work .
    each piece of equipment/toy has its place but unless a 10" tablet is given to me for free , i've no need for one
    Insult really not needed.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-11-12 07:28 AM
    My 7" Playbook is the perfect size for me - easy to take with me everywhere I go ...no need for a 10" tablet at this time.
    10-11-12 07:39 AM
    I would definitely break me off a chunk of that 10in pb goodness.
    A person cant have to many high quality tablets imo.
    And bathroom reading on a larger screen is highly under rated

Att: MMM 27 away from the alcs:-P
    toneytone likes this.
    10-11-12 07:48 AM
    I still carry a laptop for work and have no desire for a larger tablet. One only needs to ask why Apple is going to produce a 7" tablet to know that the form factor of a 7" is the way to go for a tablet. For hardcore work, I prefer a laptop for now. I see a time a couple of years out when the laptop and the tablet will merge. Probably a tablet with an aux screen and an external keyboard that can all be easily carried in my backpack.
    10-11-12 10:51 AM
    No need for a 10" Tablet on my side.
    7" is the best size imo, big enough to read webpages or ebooks comfortable and even do some office work but still very portable, i can fit it in the pocket of some of my pants

i bought my playbook because when it was released it was the best device for my needs... im still thinking about the Nexus 7 from time to time but i would really miss the rear camera.
    If the playbook keeps getting support by RIM with BB10 i will keep and use it for atleast another year or two before replacing it, unless it wont get USB OTG in the future.
    I miss this so much, the only reason i have to still use my netbook from time to time :-/
    10-11-12 11:12 AM
64 123