Mysterious 10-inch BlackBerry PlayBook appears http://engt.co/MW4oZO

Is this for real?
    07-30-12 03:39 AM
    It looks so weird...
    07-30-12 03:51 AM
    Looks like a leaked one ..
    07-30-12 03:52 AM
    I hope not because I'd prefer a 16:9 aspect ratio or close than a 4:3 since most videos these days are widescreen. Its also one of the reasons I refused to buy an iPad. Hope RIM goes the Galaxy Tab route instead of the iPad for the screen aspect ratio.
    Last edited by luqman24; 07-30-12 at 04:48 AM.
    Gerii, JayR2010 and indautxu like this.
    07-30-12 04:41 AM
    Great find OP!
    07-30-12 04:51 AM
    It has to be an old photo. Look at the 7in playbook it has a volume rocker on the side. Atleast thats what it looks like.
    07-30-12 07:18 AM
    Nice find!
    07-30-12 07:31 AM
    I like it. I've got big hands and want to use it for youtube, email and genetral surfing and 7 inches for me are too small. Wouldn't mind some sort of widescreen version. Would definitely buy that as for me the screen estate is important.
    07-30-12 07:39 AM
    This will not sell if released this year!!!

RIM's best bet is to WAIT till next year and release it pre-installed with bb10.

Bb10 comes out....then release 10" playbook then do a shed load of marketing for it

If it releases lets say next month/month after in my eyes it will be a flop
    Dont get me wrong im not trolling it would sell a fair bit of batches but not as much if you release next year

Thats my 2 pennies feel free to hate this post if you may
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-30-12 07:49 AM
    i like it... although if the 10 inch version ever comes to market, i hope its lighter!!! the pictures show a 10 inch version of the 7 inch tablet... (same shape and design etc), and the 7 inch version isnt the lightest tablet.. imagine the 10 inchplaybook!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-30-12 08:24 AM
    I was a picture of a Vietnamese person holding a ten inch PlayBook on twitter months ago and wrote it off as a photo shop...I guess I was wrong! Duh!!! (in my Homer Simpson voice)
    07-30-12 09:30 AM
    Personally, I am happy with the 7 inch form, even though I would love for it to lighter in weight.

In the short term, I am more hopeful that we get a much improved OS2 update. IMO, further release of a 10inch PB should coincide with BB10.
    07-30-12 09:44 AM
    Not to be a negative nancy lol, but come on. whats the point of a 10" device?

Depending on the price, why not just get an iPad? Unless the Playbook will have more apps and functionality, I dont see the point. The Playbook's OS is great, but IMO its nothing to really do with it.

I have a 32gb Playbook and I barely use it. I only bought it because of the 7" size, the $199 price tag, and the promising Android app player. Sideloading popular apps, the freezing Android app player, and only being able to video chat with other Playbooks was really disappointing.

The Playbook barely sold until the huge markdown, so why are they wasting their time on this and a 4G model? Where is the BB10 phone??
    Last edited by shemaree09; 07-30-12 at 10:10 AM.
    07-30-12 10:01 AM

Depending on the price, why not just get an iPad? Unless the Playbook will have more apps and functionality, I dont see the point. The Playbook's OS is great, but IMO its nothing to really do with it.

I have a 32gb Playbook and I barely use it. I only bought it because of the 7" size, the $199 price tag, and the promising Android app player. Sideloading popular apps, the freezing Android app player, and only being able to video chat with other Playbooks was really disappointing.

The Playbook barely sold until the huge markdown, so why are they wasting their time on this and a 4G model? Where is the BB10 phone??
    First, I highly doubt RIM is going to launch a 10" PB before BB10 is launched. This was most likely a prototype that RIM was testing at some point and after it got cancelled, got loose.

Second, they are working on everything to make the BB10 phone successful. That doesn't mean RIM can't continue to work on other projects for the future as well.
    07-30-12 10:49 AM

I have one app that I REALLY wish I had a 10" tab for: Zinio. Trying to read magazines on the 7" PB usually entails a lot of pinch-zoom-pan that frankly gets tedious.

I'd honestly buy a low-ram model just for magazines.
    jessedawson628 likes this.
    07-30-12 10:53 AM
    I think it looks funny not being the same ratio as the 7" version. Would be awesome to see a 10" version 16:9
    indautxu likes this.
    07-30-12 11:34 AM
    I have one app that I REALLY wish I had a 10" tab for: Zinio. Trying to read magazines on the 7" PB usually entails a lot of pinch-zoom-pan that frankly gets tedious.

I know what you mean. When I picked up an Ipad, Zinio was the first application that I deleted from my Playbook; I find it substantively easier to read magazines, books, and journal articles on the larger screen.

I still prefer my Playbook for web navigation, gaming, videos, and music. It's easy to forget how good the Playbook's speakers are but boy do they run circles around my Ipads.

Hopefully, if the 10" playbook is, in fact, for real, that RIM has not skimped on the speakers.
    07-30-12 11:45 AM

I agree. I think the Zinio app would be much better if it was actually designed for the Playbook. It looks like they just repackaged the Android version.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-12 11:47 AM

Think of it like this:
    Why come out with a 7" iPad? Because some people would peferer their device of choice to be a 7" form factor. Just like there would be some PB users who would prefer a 10" device.
    Cracklen likes this.
    07-30-12 12:33 PM
    I agree with the idea that this does nothing for the 'playbook' brand.
    The vast majority of folks liked the PB form factor, UI, and OS.
    It lacks in basic apps.
    Fix that and you have something.
    Release something the size of an Ipad with the lame selection of apps we currently have and you just have a bigger sized loser.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    07-30-12 12:37 PM
    Think of it like this:
    Why come out with a 7" iPad? Because some people would peferer their device of choice to be a 7" form factor. Just like there would be some PB users who would prefer a 10" device.
    True, but a bigger playbook doesn't offer any real advantages...unless you just really love your Playbook. Why put the same stuff in a bigger housing, when you can just improve upon something that already works. A 7" tablet is an advantage in portability. Forget the big Playbook, I would rather have a 7" with more app support and functionality. If there was a 7" iPad for a decent price, I would buy it immediately! All the apps and features of an iPad in a more portable device is a win!
    9of13 likes this.
    07-30-12 12:38 PM
    I agree with the idea that this does nothing for the 'playbook' brand.

The vast majority of folks liked the PB form factor, UI, and OS.

It lacks in basic apps.

Fix that and you have something.

Release something the size of an Ipad with the lame selection of apps we currently have and you just have a bigger sized loser.

This exactly!!!
    07-30-12 12:40 PM
    True, but a bigger playbook doesn't offer any real advantages...unless you just really love your Playbook. Why put the same stuff in a bigger housing, when you can just improve upon something that already works. A 7" tablet is an advantage in portability. Forget the big Playbook, I would rather have a 7" with more app support and functionality. If there was a 7" iPad for a decent price, I would buy it immediately! All the apps and features of an iPad in a more portable device is a win!
    My personal answer to that would be:
    I do email, youtube, internet surfing and blogging on my iPad. I need the screen estate to have the keyboard on the screen, when websurfing I need as much space as possible and 7" aren't cutting it for me.

I'm all about choice. If RIM offer a 10" version I'm in the market for one. Have to admit tho that a widescreen model around 10" would be awesome. Because if I watch movies (rare on the iPad) the screen ratio is really far from perfect.
    07-31-12 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD