So is it going to be in 10.2 SDK Gold?
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...10-2-sdk-beta/
    Back at BlackBerry Jam Americas in May, we talked about the BlackBerry 10.2 SDK that would be available in June. Well, its June and we now have brand new updates available for you to experiment and build with. These updates include additions to the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK and both our Android and Adobe AIR run-times. We have also been up-streaming core HTML5 BlackBerry 10 support into Apache Cordova and it should be hitting an official Cordova PhoneGap release very soon!

The updates to the run-times have been ones that have had a lot of anticipation. Adobe AIR 3.5 brings with it Stage3D for accelerated OpenGL graphics and the Android run-time upgrade brings it up to Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) compatibility. As with any beta, this is a work in progress as we work our way towards the gold release of the BlackBerry 10.2 SDK. Known issues will be outlined in the release notes for each run-time.

There are also BlackBerry 10.2 SDK OS updates for BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B and C testing devices as well as the BlackBerry 10.2 SDK OS updates available for those who have BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones. All updates can be performed via the autoloader tool. Again, this is an SDK OS beta that is a trimmed down version of the BlackBerry 10.2 Operating System and is meant to provide a testing environment for you to try out the new SDK and experiment with the added capabilities that have been released. We have also released BlackBerry 10.2 SDK OS updates for the simulator. For this first release, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean testing is not yet supported in the simulator.

If you run into any issues or find bugs, please be sure to report them in the forums and the Developer Issue Tracker to make sure that we have them logged and ensure they are fixed for the BlackBerry 10.2 Gold SDK.We value your feedback as we continue to build the best mobile platform for our users.

Theres a bunch of new functionality thats available in the beta and I encourage you to check out the roadmap pages and release notes for your favorite run-time to find out what all has been made available in this release. We have a lot more functionality scheduled to arrive in the BlackBerry 10.2 Gold SDK release as well, so I encourage you to check back often with the roadmap pages to find out more on timing and details.

So with all that said grab the latest SDKs and development OS and have some fun coding!
    Last edited by Dr_Acula; 06-13-13 at 10:37 AM.
    06-13-13 10:01 AM
    I'm not holding my breath for BB10 on the playbook anytime soon. Don't really care so much as I like the playbook just the way it is for now. I think BBRY is concentrating solely on their smart phones right now. Which makes sense to me because this is where they'll get the most return.
    snarlybear likes this.
    06-13-13 10:34 AM
    I've pointed this out before, but BB10 PB won't happen until they find a way to utilize the OS with only 1GB of RAM. It works, but it isn't as nice, as the Dev Alpha A/B can attest too with their 1GB of RAM and the lag they encountered when running alot at once.
    06-13-13 10:35 AM
    If 10.0 can't happen because od ram as some would say then 2.2 needs to happen with updated Android runtime. I'd like to sideload netflix and instagram on my PlayBook. I'd also like to use Skype as well.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    tekware and kbz1960 like this.
    06-13-13 10:39 AM
    So is BB11 going to require 4gb of ram and therefore nothing before it will get the update again? I'm sorry but older iphones and some androids get the next OS or more. BBRY needs to learn how to scale things like others do instead of this one OS and done crap.
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-13-13 10:49 AM
    So is BB11 going to require 4gb of ram and therefore nothing before it will get the update again? I'm sorry but older iphones and some androids get the next OS or more. BBRY needs to learn how to scale things like others do instead of this one OS and done crap.
    And that is exactly working on, scaling it

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    06-13-13 10:54 AM
    No mention of PlayBook in the article either. Two months left before I can upgrade my 9900. The longer this silence goes on, the less likely I'll be purchasing a Z10 to go with my 64GB PlayBook, purchased almost two years ago. Even if it wasn't exactly BB10, I fully expected by now (actually by a year ago), that I would be running the vast majority of apps created for BB10. As an early supporter of the new BlackBerry device, I feel completely and totally left out in the cold. Does it work as a tablet? Yes. Do I like it? Yes. Is it what was promised, over and over? A resounding no.
    kbz1960, FF22, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    06-13-13 10:56 AM
    Some of the other posts in the General forum however, do mention that the native resolution of the PlayBook is in the SDK's files. If the resolution can be supported, and the RAM issues sorted we could have a BB10 tablet on our hands before too long.
    06-13-13 11:03 AM
    Some of the other posts in the General forum however, do mention that the native resolution of the PlayBook is in the SDK's files. If the resolution can be supported, and the RAM issues sorted we could have a BB10 tablet on our hands before too long.
    Maybe even 4 years after it came out!
    FF22 and xanderten50 like this.
    06-13-13 11:06 AM
    I've pointed this out before, but BB10 PB won't happen until they find a way to utilize the OS with only 1GB of RAM. It works, but it isn't as nice, as the Dev Alpha A/B can attest too with their 1GB of RAM and the lag they encountered when running alot at once.
    Oh my god! Not this 1GB thing again...yes they're still trying to figure it out...they ask the people in the neighbourhood and aunt marie, but no one can help so far. 2GB is a requirement carved to stone and their is no way in the universe to solve such a problem...

If they have problems, then it is relatively little manpower for BB10 on Playbook, or they push it back till Christmas until we have maybe 10.3 or 10.4 in January? I guess they work on making BB10 mature while upgrading the frameworks...Playbook comes at the end of these tasks ... which absolutely sucks!
    06-13-13 01:53 PM
    If that were true, then as a long time PlayBook owner, I would WANT TO KNOW THAT from BlackBerry. I want them to explain to me what the problems are exactly. What, if anything, they are doing about it. If there is nothing that can be done, and I highly doubt that, then tell me. At the very least, something should be done so that the PlayBook, in its current configuration, can run the new Android version, and current BB10 apps could be installed. This ongoing silence is just making me angrier and angrier, and to be quite frank, is reminding me more and more of the RIM of old. If RIM made a promise that the new BlackBerry cannot keep, TELL ME. Then I can choose to cut my loses or forgive, forget, and continue with BlackBerry, but it will be a choice based on being an informed customer from a company that I could trust. If BlackBerry thinks that I'm just going to sit around for a second year waiting and waiting, they would be sadly mistaken. I grow closer and closer to the Android community with every single Android app I sideload onto my PlayBook. Now, it was purchased with that exact capability in mind. If the device was a failure, I new that I would be able to run some Android apps on it to make it useful, and I have done just that. However, that was the worst case scenario. The intent was to have a device supported actively by BlackBerry, with the ability to run native BB10 apps, with Android apps taking a backup, secondary roll. Instead, it increasingly appears to be the other way around, and why I'm now looking at Android as a valid phone replacement. I wouldn't even have considered that six months ago.
    FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-13-13 02:19 PM
    The PlayBook is dead, do like me, buy an Galaxy/iPad.
    06-13-13 02:27 PM
    tekware:

Very well stated. They did have the courage to let the world know that bb10 would be delayed. Now's the time to let pb owners know what's what.
    tekware and xanderten50 like this.
    06-13-13 04:06 PM