So i was checking my PB serial number online and got the message saying my 90 days technical support is expired and i have to pay for it to get the incident based support. So whoever bought the playbook and have issues after 90 days u have to pay for it to talk to the tech support?

Thanks
    05-10-12 10:54 AM
    So i was checking my PB serial number online and got the message saying my 90 days technical support is expired and i have to pay for it to get the incident based support. So whoever bought the playbook and have issues after 90 days u have to pay for it to talk to the tech support?

Thanks
    Nope, the 90 days is tech support but the warranty is still one year.
    05-10-12 10:56 AM
    You get 90 days free technical support for setting up the Playbook. If you have a fault with the Playbook it is still covered for 1 year.
    05-10-12 10:56 AM
    Free tech support is 90 days from purchase.
    Warranty is 1 year from purchase.

If you an issue give them call. They will try to resolve them problem before sending a warranty replacement.
    05-10-12 10:58 AM
    90 tech support over the phone for the folks that need help getting their pb up and running. Warranty for 1 year for defective devices.
    05-10-12 11:01 AM
    What they all said, plus the 90day thing isn't a big deal I called said I never used it and got a new 90day tech support, for my 5month old used playbook. RIM customer service is the best!
    05-10-12 11:19 AM
    If you bought your PB within 90 days and went to register it online and it says you're already registered or that it's not available, call RIM. There has been frequent issues with this and they will reset your 90 days of support. The other interesting thing: At one point during my RMA process, the lady I was talking to, sort of dismissed the 90 day thing, saying it didn't matter. I wanted to inquire further, but got sidetracked with the issue at hand.

Has anyone ever actually tried, and been denied support after their 90 days was over? Or even after a year? I got the impression they would take all complaints regardless of the time period. I could be wrong though.
    05-10-12 01:15 PM
    What they all said, plus the 90day thing isn't a big deal I called said I never used it and got a new 90day tech support, for my 5month old used playbook. RIM customer service is the best!
    Same here, great support plain and simple
    05-10-12 03:57 PM
    yea they are helpful and even better: knowledgeable. some "support" is just someone reading instructions off of a screen. I can google that info!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD