You probably know that your PB screen is made of gorilla glass, but in case you wanted to put a screen protector on there, I wanted to let everyone know there's a pretty darn decent screen protector available for your PB from monoprice.com. The clear is $1.41, $2.05 for matte and $11.17 for the privacy finish (??!!!)

Playbook @ monoprice

I grabbed three clear ones for $1.34 each and also grabbed a 10ft micro HDMI for around $5.50. Shipping to Canada was about a week, so I'm sure it's even faster for those in the US.

The screen protector itself is perfectly clear and glides as smooth as the gorilla glass alone (this is critical for me). It does not include instructions (no biggie), but does come with a cleaning cloth. It fits well and has cutouts for both speakers as well as the front LED+camera.

I'm sure there are "higher quality" screen protectors out there, but at this price you can't really go wrong.
    10-18-11 09:25 PM
    Ordered the same, thanks for the tip!
    10-18-11 10:30 PM
    You probably know that your PB screen is made of gorilla glass
    Even Corning doesn't know the PlayBook is made of Gorilla Glass.
    CORNING� GORILLA� GLASS | FULL PRODUCTS LIST
    JR A likes this.
    10-18-11 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the tip.
    10-18-11 11:21 PM
    The Playbook doesn't use Gorilla Glass, so Corning's website is correct. I guess we can call any break and scratch resistant glass "Gorilla Glass" now, just like any facial tissue is a Kleenex.
    10-18-11 11:32 PM
    a) Playbook Doesn't have gorilla Glass
    b) Thanks for the tip... I really dont like dry screen protectors for tablets.
    c) the HDMI seems good.. might order one .. THANKS!
    10-18-11 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD