I need some help and BlackBerry support has not gotten back to me.

1.07 update made my Playbook quirky -- freezing, needing to restart, browser and bridge crashes.
    1.08 update made all this worse, and now bridge won't allow me to see content in messages, it just hangs on the BlackBerry logo and closes. To make matters worse, the labels for restarting started showing up with Chinese characters.

Has anybody had this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks!
    11-30-11 09:21 AM
    Did you try calling the support number? An email to support will not be dealt with if it does not have a support case id number in the title. You need to start support with a call to the support number.

As a suggestion, backup your PlayBook, run the debrick procedure and then restore the backup. If this doesn't fix it, you will probably need to call support and get help there.

The debrick process is posted elsewhere on the forum, but basically consists of connecting the powered down/ turned off Playbook to your computer via usb cable, with the Blackberry Desktop manager running. When you press the power button the PlayBook will boot and during that time Destop Manager will ask if you want to repair the Playbook or wait for it to reboot. Select repair, and the OS will be downloaded and installed.

Keep in mind that a debrick erases everything on your PlayBook, so make sure you backup anything important prior to doing it.
    11-30-11 09:29 AM
    I have an incident number but I have heard nothing back. I was afraid I had to do the wipe...rats. Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why the PB went all schizo and started speaking in a different language? Is a downloaded application incompatible? I suspect I should reload applications carefully to check? Thanks!
    11-30-11 10:12 AM
    I would say a OS reload would be your best option. You may never find a reason for the odd behavior. I just had a dvd drive go missing on my 3 year old pc. It tooks hours of searching the web to find out how to edit the registry to get it going again. Just one of those things we can't explain.
    11-30-11 10:25 AM
    1.08 for me made browser a bit faster, didnt make anything screw up at all. I hope yours isnt a hardware malfunction
    11-30-11 10:35 AM
    Device wipe is to PlayBook as battery pulls are to BlackBerry handhelds.

I'd go for that.
    11-30-11 10:41 AM
    Has your playbook ever worked?!?!? Really sucks that you've had so many issues. If you don't have anything important on your PB, you might as well reload it completely. I wouldn't even bother with the backup. It reallys sounds like your PB needs a fresh start.
    11-30-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD