did anyone noticed that appworld no longer has that logo icon on the top left corner?
    ALSO, in the sub categories, when you click on "free" it actually displays free apps instead of a whole bunch of nothing.

icons have also changed ( i liked the old icons much better )

BROWSER. when you get rid of - or dismiss - the address bar, it actually STAYS gone. If I remember correctly, it kept coming back on its own. That was a real annoyance for me. Unless I just imagined that and I'm making cr*p up now.
    07-20-11 01:46 AM
    Noticed when charging mine last night that the display backlight is now 100% off. Before the update you could always see it when charging in a dark room.
    07-20-11 03:16 AM
    A couple of things which nobody seems to have picked up yet:

- Mouse cursor has changed - the cursor is now a pointing hand. Easier to see.
    - The Mouse selections work better now. Similar to using blue tags to select when using fingers.
    - The mouse cursor now animates when on the screen edges. The animations indicate what system operation will be invoked.
    07-20-11 03:43 AM
    nope, just sent myself a text and nothing showed up on the PB. are your texts and messages inbox combined?
    yeah, everything pretty much goes to my messages app on my bold....i think it may have just been sheer chance, because i kept getting the notification on my playbook randomly. it just so happened two or three of those times was immediately when i received a text....but i do wish sms messages would go through bridge..
    07-20-11 07:16 AM
    Try accessing Wi-Fi sharing using the IP address assigned to your Playbook instead of the network name.
    07-20-11 07:42 AM
    I like the new Download Complete Icon that appears in the lower side of the browser window - it looks cute. But more importantly, when you click the Download Complete Icon, you are taken to a screen titled "Downloads" that lists whatever you have downloaded. You then can click "Open File".

This is sweet as now, for example, when you download pdf documents, word documents, excell documents, or power point documents, it will launch the program automatically. Meaning that you dont need to open up the Adobe, find where it saved the file you downloaded, and then open it.
    07-20-11 09:16 AM
    I am having some major browser issues that i never had before..... The browser has always been the playbooks saving grace for me but now im having some really annoying problems. This only started after the recent upgrade.

1. The browser freezes at times while loading up a website, it will get stuck around 50% and say untitled on the top and just stay there. This has happened at least ten times in the last hour.

2. Not a big deal but highly annoying. Every single time i open a webpage from one of my homescreen shortcuts, it opens up 2 tabs. The shortcut i wanted and a tab from a page i visited sometime early yesterday. I tried this with every shortcut i have and same thing. It doesnt happen if i just open the browser.

I have cleared all history,cache,cookies etc. and rebooted my playbook several times and the problem still persists. I really wish i could return this last update.
    07-20-11 09:34 AM
    Downloaded 1.07. I noticed there are now "Turn Off, Standby, and Restart" buttons. Only problem is that the Standby button restarts as well. Anyone else having this issue?
    07-20-11 09:46 AM
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but it does relate to WHAT's NEW. I notice now that a major improvement to the way you can select and edit text is in the new update. Before it'd be more of a hit or miss to , for example, edit a spelling mistake. You might hit the right spot in a word on the first try but more likely have to do it several times. Now there's pointer with a line above it that makes choosing an edit point much much easier. Not as sexy as a magnifying glass like on 'other' tablets but this is very functional and precise. I like it. The rub is, as my experience has been so far, that this feature does not come up ALL the time. It's available when editing a web site address, but not when you are editing an email that you are creating. Did I miss something here ? Is it because email text is generated through the Bridge ? I'd like that feature to be available ANY time I have to edit any document/email/text. That's a terrific upgrade. Slowly but surely the user experience with Playbook is improving.
    07-20-11 09:54 AM
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but it does relate to WHAT's NEW. I notice now that a major improvement to the way you can select and edit text is in the new update. Before it'd be more of a hit or miss to , for example, edit a spelling mistake. You might hit the right spot in a word on the first try but more likely have to do it several times. Now there's pointer with a line above it that makes choosing an edit point much much easier. Not as sexy as a magnifying glass like on 'other' tablets but this is very functional and precise. I like it. The rub is, as my experience has been so far, that this feature does not come up ALL the time. It's available when editing a web site address, but not when you are editing an email that you are creating. Did I miss something here ? Is it because email text is generated through the Bridge ? I'd like that feature to be available ANY time I have to edit any document/email/text. That's a terrific upgrade. Slowly but surely the user experience with Playbook is improving.
    came here to post that...it works when i tried to edit a post to facebook. but when i try to move the cursor in his post the 'flag' thing, whatever you call it, doesn't come up. they just need to get better at implementing things like that across the whole platform.....
    07-20-11 12:32 PM
    I don't recall this with the last update, but when playing videos you can pinch to zoom the video to full screen.
    07-20-11 12:48 PM
    When i first download the playbook OS i went back to the home screen close to when it was finish. i saw the top icon shown that something was downloading then it stoped and the right top corner of my playbook started to flash the same way as my left side normal does. is this a new notifcation or i just never noticed it beofre.
    07-20-11 01:10 PM
    All the apps run so much smoother now, glad I got the update before it was pulled...
    07-20-11 01:24 PM
    They fixed issues with the gpu-render-mode for adobe air apps! Very important for us devs!!!

Tweener now works as it should!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 01:34 PM
    They obviously already have the update for email and android player ready. My guess is that they making sure it works 100%.
    07-20-11 02:01 PM
    I am having some major browser issues that i never had before..... The browser has always been the playbooks saving grace for me but now im having some really annoying problems. This only started after the recent upgrade.

1. The browser freezes at times while loading up a website, it will get stuck around 50% and say untitled on the top and just stay there. This has happened at least ten times in the last hour.

2. Not a big deal but highly annoying. Every single time i open a webpage from one of my homescreen shortcuts, it opens up 2 tabs. The shortcut i wanted and a tab from a page i visited sometime early yesterday. I tried this with every shortcut i have and same thing. It doesnt happen if i just open the browser.

I have cleared all history,cache,cookies etc. and rebooted my playbook several times and the problem still persists. I really wish i could return this last update.
    Having the exact same problem. When the first update came through last
    week I was on the phone with tech support trying to resolve an issue
    regarding the home screen saved bookmarks. I would save to the home
    screen but when i decided to clean up some of those homescreen
    bookmarks there was one that would not allow me to get rid of it.
    After multiple attempts to see if we can resolve the issue tech
    support suggested that we upgrade to the latest os and this upgrade
    should resolve my issue. needless to say it did not. Then they
    transferred me to a higher level support where they told me it was an
    issue on their end and all they can do is move it up to the
    development team to correct the problem. Basically if you save a page
    to the home screen and the name of that page has any of these two
    characters in their name (" or ~ that I know so far there may be
    others so I suggest you rename all web sites you save to the home
    screen that way you will be able to delete them when needed or until
    the fix comes in). Usually I'll wait to see if there are any issues
    with any update before i install. Late that evening I checked my
    crackberry news feeds only to read the update to the os was pulled by
    rim because of issues with bridge. As i continued using my playbook I
    noticed that while in newsfeeds reading that article when i clicked
    for the full article and the browser was launched it would open the
    article along with two more tabs and would also do it if I tried to
    open a site from my saved home screen pages. If I went directly to the
    browser everything was fine. It consistently opened my banks login
    website and the other tab was about instructions how to enter my login
    info for the same institution a guide if you wish. Needless to say
    that freaked me out so the next morning back on the phone with tech
    support and yes another two hours trying to figure this out. No
    results as tech support was unable to resolve this issue. However they
    walked me through the procedure to get rid of the os and install the
    previous os. Everything was fine except they wiped out all my data as
    well luckily I had backed up my entire playbook on july 5th and was
    able to restore my data. Funny thing about this was I specifically
    asked the tech support person if this was going to wipe all my data
    and he said no just the os (it didn't work out that way). Anyhow last
    nite I decided that I would take a chance and upgrade the latest
    update and dido 3 tabs and 2 of them are those of my financial
    institutions luckily I backed up my playbook prior to the update and
    will be back on the phone with tech support right after this post. All
    that being said and the fact that rim is following in apples and
    others footsteps where they use their customers as test dummies to
    save/make a buck by releasing products before they should be released.
    A growing trend no need to hire testers or atleast not as many why
    should they we have told the industry it's ok for us to pay them with
    our money and our time to do the job that they had to pay for in the
    past. I would not give up my smartphone or my playbook look at the
    alternative out there. Just the fact that the US government has
    approved the playbook as the tablet of choice speaks volumes they must
    know something we don't. Can't wait when all is running smoothly on my
    playbook. Oh by the way tech support was great overall and they're
    doing the best they can with the info they have been given. If anyone
    has any idea why this two tab thing is happening please let us know
    and if I get any info from tech support I'll be glad to do likewise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 03:53 PM
141 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD