View Poll Results: Did 1.0.5 meet your expectation or disappoint you ?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wow --this is better than I expected.

16 12.40%
  • Met my expectaion

67 51.94%
  • I am disappointed

31 24.03%
  • Pathetic--you call this an update..?

15 11.63%
    51% met expectations! WOW, you guys are easy to please, hopefully RIM will see these outstanding poll results and slow down a little.
    Hopefully some of you will stop whining and sending RIMM's stock into the tank. How are they supposed to accelerate progress with the bottom dropping out of their resources?? That does NOBODY any good. Yes it isn't an iPad yet - so what. Who wants to carry that monster around to play games? Shutup and be patient. They know we aren't happy as clams already.

Waaa it's not out yet... Waaa it's out but it wont do facebook right ... waaa wwaaa waaaa
    06-07-11 12:09 PM
    This update meets my expectations.

RIM did a great job overall... the winner for me was the Bridge!

-- My emails are faster
    -- Browser is on cocaine like speed
    -- File browsing is awesome

PB OS

-- FB video upload is FREAKING COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    -- Apps are running better.
    06-07-11 12:13 PM
    Disappointed!

No file manager.
    No Flash update.
    No bookmark manager.
    No native email, contacts, calendar, memo, tasks.
    Still can't open a picture that's on my SD card.
    Can't see videos that are on my SD card.
    Still can't delete the useless installed apps (Slacker Radio NFB) nwithout them reinstalling.

Whenever the PlayBook starts I get a notification that I have a new message and there aren't any new ones.

I could care less about Facebook and video chat.

Charging enhancements are nice.
    Notification of app updates is nice.

Not sure what bridge enhancements there are but I haven't had any problems with it.
    Agreed, and add AutoCorrect still not being addressed to that list. It wouldn't matter if this update did squat, people on here would still be praising RIM for releasing an update just because an update was in fact released.
    06-07-11 12:18 PM
    I so want to believe but its tough..
    Several have commented about a speed improvement with Bridge functionality but I can't say I've seen that yet; however, its definitely not slower.
    Still can't resize the email message view screen in landscape mode. Too bad, this would be very handy, especially for us old farts with decreasing vision.
    The standby/Power button on the battery icon is most handy and welcome.
    What other improvements/tweaks have folks found so far? BlackBerry's release info remains limited (read non-existent) in this regard.
    Contrary to the promise of an upgrade every two weeks from RIM, this one took 34 days. How long do you think we'll have to wait for the next one? I wonder if RIM actually has a communication strategy for its customers that actually includes communicating?
    I repeat, I do so want to believe but RIM is making it hard to stay loyal.
    06-07-11 12:20 PM
    RIM first move to gives us what we want, i believe that major updates will be coming soon, an updates that will include may not be all but most of what we want and more major apps may roll now in appworld, don't be disappoint, major update is near
    06-07-11 12:28 PM
    Disappointed!

No file manager.
    No Flash update.
    No bookmark manager.
    No native email, contacts, calendar, memo, tasks.
    Still can't open a picture that's on my SD card.
    Can't see videos that are on my SD card.
    Still can't delete the useless installed apps (Slacker Radio NFB) nwithout them reinstalling.

Charging enhancements are nice.
    Notification of app updates is nice.

Not sure what bridge enhancements there are but I haven't had any problems with it.
    All of this and please don't force FB onto my playbook, I don't need that junk. I know it can be uninstalled but if I wanted it I can get it from appworld. Not everyones life is consumed by needing to be connected to FB 24/7. Not fixing the notifications is ridiculous.... like come on, really? It's a little annoying to have an alert for messages and nothing there. Not only that they don't go away after checking. Where is our updated adobe reader? Adobe needs to get their **** together and offer a more full service reader. I would even pay for the damn thing. Also need to fix the fiasco that is tethering. Being disconnected constantly defeats the point of the service. Obviously they need to fix tethering before they do this but we should be able to access the appworld while tethered. It is an interent connection after all. Was the blackberry logo beside the back button really needed in the update? I think we all know we are on a BB tablet.

The playbook still serves my needs and I do enjoy it but this is tiny stuff that really shouldn't be a problem. I don't really know how things were improved since the fixes never really were a problem for me in the first place. Also how does this lay groundwork for upcoming updates? I don't feel like there was anything here that will aide their ability to update in the future that couldn't be done before. It would be nice to see a complete changelog for the update.
    Last edited by 3Athlete; 06-07-11 at 12:46 PM.
    06-07-11 12:37 PM
    im good with the update just wish they did flash 10.3. i love the bridge browser now and it saved me from getting a new phone for a while. i was gunna get the infuse for the wifi hotspot, but the bridge browser is fine. i can keep more open now. so keep it coming rim.
    06-07-11 12:43 PM
    im good with the update just wish they did flash 10.3. i love the bridge browser now and it saved me from getting a new phone for a while. i was gunna get the infuse for the wifi hotspot, but the bridge browser is fine. i can keep more open now. so keep it coming rim.
    There was a major security problem with 10.3, Adobe may not have fixed the PB version or have gotten it to RIM in time for this update.
    06-07-11 12:46 PM
    I'm happy with this update, yeah it would've been cool to have something new and flashy to play around with but I needed an update to fix lag issues with both of the browsers and RIM delivered.

The boost in memory management is definitely a plus, more memory means you can have more apps open with out worrying about them randomly closing on you. I don't care so much about the Facebook update though, I tend to use the browser more often.
    06-07-11 12:49 PM
    All of this and please don't force FB onto my playbook, I don't need that junk. I know it can be uninstalled but if I wanted it I can get it from appworld. Not everyones life is consumed by needing to be connected to FB 24/7.
    It's nice that you don't care about Facebook, but I'll bet that 98% of Playbook owners do. With this update I can see the PB being my primary way of using FB.
    06-07-11 12:52 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD