The PlayBook is awesome! My friend was playing with mine and now she wants one. I told her to enter a contest that Wirefly is hosting where you can win one of three that they are offering. Everyone should check it out! Wirefly - The Road Warrior | Facebook
    06-10-11 02:03 PM
    Anyone getting this update as buggy or hesitant? Hangs sometimes?
    \
    Depends on what you're talking about...
    Sometimes, the browser is a little hesitant, but not nearly as bad as it was before the update. I do seem to notice the scrolling is not as smooth sometimes.. maybe my imagination.
    06-10-11 02:51 PM
    Things to do while waiting for the software updates to finish installing: download your favorite songs at mp3skull.com for free. Hold down the download button, till it lets you save, then rename the file and keep the.mp3. See how many free songs you download, before the software update is finished.
    awesome idea! thanks.
    06-10-11 06:56 PM
    wish they would add soft buttons for volume like they did for power

then no need to ever use the hard buttons other than start up
    06-10-11 09:10 PM
    just did the update and noticed the following:

free memory went from 260ish to 480ish, no real performance speed improvement felt.
    websites that used to hang, ie crackberry.com still hangs, still checkers.
    battery gadgets enhances user capabilities.
    app world is slower, green circle shows that its running but just hangs there, eventually saying app world not available.

crackberry app in app store!!

overall, don't "feel" much difference versus earlier version.
    06-10-11 09:18 PM
    im not liking this update.i hate when it freezes when i watch a tv show.the browser freezes sometimes as well. the previous update did not have this flaw.the battery life also diminishes when having lets says photos,youtube,and browser open simultaneously.i hope rim fixes it for the next update. it just takes the fun out when you are watching something good.other than that its find.
    06-10-11 10:28 PM
    i want the old software back no improvement here, bridge still unstable, browsing downgrade - won't keep me logged in, a lot of frustrating stuff. am going to get rid of this thing and get an ipad. at least it actually works.
    serious bummer, had mine since the first release,
    06-10-11 11:29 PM
    The browser keeps freezing. Usually it gets stuck half way. I would have to keep refreshing the page until it loads completely.

So far this update takes the OS backwards. I'm getting frustrated with the PB.
    06-11-11 03:15 AM
    I have one more comment for all the spellcheck/autotext whiners. Learn to spell/type. This really isn't a deal breaker issue, is it reeeeally?
    "Deal breaker"? Hardly, but you have to agree that the typing behavior for the PlayBook is seriously inferior to that of the phones.

The inconsistancy alone is irritating. I seriously hope they address this someday.

EDIT: As for the update, I really REALLY like the improved GPS support. It didn't work at all in my location before, but now it's pretty responsive. Just in time for a 4,000km-or-so road trip
    06-11-11 06:58 AM
    So I didn't read through the 32 pages of this thread, I'll have to slap myself on the wrist later... But hopefully someone from RIM reads this.

In the wake of the new .2304 update, I've noticed some unwelcome icons on my screen, including: gmail, hotmail, twitter, yahoo mail, and AOL mail. I deleted them no problem, but here is, next time I powered up I had a new notification that there was a "new" system software update available called 1.0.5.2304! I was skeptical because I had just obviously installed it. Then I saw the file size - 5 MB.

Basically RIM wanted me to re-install the bloat-ware.

My message to them is that this is complete bullsh**!!! I'll install whatever the **** I want on my PB.

The end.
    +1 Seriously WTF RIM?!!! instead of pushing Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, FB, and Gmail icons back "which are useless browser shortcuts to start with" why don't you work on the native email app, I'm starting to feel like I bought myself an expensive soleless Shoes
    06-11-11 01:10 PM
    Since downloading v1.0.5.2304 I am having issues with jpg attachments in bridged mail. After tapping the jpg link in the email, the photo app opens but stops at the album selection page. The jpg attachment does not open. Anyone have suggestions?
    06-11-11 02:38 PM
    guys, try re-installing the OS, read my new thread OS Re-install cures all
    06-12-11 07:23 AM
    where you have issues with the equipment, a reboot may cure them..simple but it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-11 07:48 AM
    Just got 2342 this afternoon.
    Not sure what updates these are bringing ... would be happy to read about anything anyone finds.

never mind ... just read today's was an Adobe flash update ...

if RIM is reading, would love to see office communicator bridged over just like BBM
    Last edited by Poncherelly; 06-12-11 at 02:37 PM. Reason: updated
    06-12-11 12:36 PM
    Don't get too excited, all this release does is fix an Adobe Flash security vulnerability
    06-12-11 06:07 PM
    This thread should be "unstuck" and the new one with the new OS should be the
    sticky now.

1.0.5.2342 Important BlackBerry Tablet OS Update: Includes Fix for Adobe Flash Player

Tim
    06-12-11 06:31 PM
    Don't get too excited, all this release does is fix an Adobe Flash security vulnerability
    Does more then that, maybe read more of the threads on it.

Tim
    06-12-11 06:32 PM
492 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD