Here?

Anyone?
    04-29-11 01:05 PM
    I think .1746 and .1758 were false alarms.

All the OS updates have dried up and we are back in familiar territory with RIM devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 01:08 PM
    All the OS updates have dried up and we are back in familiar territory with RIM devices.

Uhm... it's barely been a week since the last update.
    04-29-11 01:26 PM
    Not sure if that download is a hoax or not, but it was released around the same day everything was buzzing about it around crackberry.
    I wouldn't download it. If it was was a good download I would think that it would have been posted here already.
    04-29-11 01:27 PM
    Uhm... it's barely been a week since the last update.
    It has been 10-11 days now. The last update started at night on Thursday morn (21st)
    04-29-11 01:27 PM
    It has been 10-11 days now. The last update started at night on Thursday morn (21st)
    Yes so 8 days ago, like I said, barely a week. People really need to learn a little bit of patience, some people just look for any excuse to be negative.
    04-29-11 01:30 PM
    No wonder your company spends so much time doing updates to your software if that is the way you do math ... that would be 8 days since Thursday, not 10-11 days ... LOL
    04-29-11 01:31 PM
    More importantly does anyone trust PDAdb.net?
    04-29-11 01:50 PM
    Yes so 8 days ago, like I said, barely a week. People really need to learn a little bit of patience, some people just look for any excuse to be negative.
    Not to be negative but you have to cut some folks some slack being impatient (like myself). I feel as if I went from a build that was inadequate (1696 - [something like that]) to a build that was inadequate and now buggy (1710). I didn't have any blatantly obvious bugs evident in my first build update but had several in 1710 (ie. video and pic not showing up after taken, cursor issues, apps crashing, etc.). In my opinion, I feel as if I deserve the right to be impatient.

I'm not going to return it, I know it will get better, but right now I sort of feel as If I've given RIM $750 for a playbook still on lay-away...
    04-29-11 01:52 PM
    I didn't even see a link to download it there, just a link to a datasheet where the download should be.... I would like to get my hands on a 1746 or a 1758 install file from DM.
    04-29-11 02:13 PM
    Hmm..so can anyone tell me if the browser issues (checkerboarding) is fixed in the 1710 update? If so can you upload a twitter or YouTube vid to show me? And please no "there is no checkerboarding comments" because I've demoed 4 different models on 1690 and they all had it and I've already linked a video of it on these forums. If the browsing is fixed then there is a very good chance ill pick one up..but if not then I'll steer clear..
    04-29-11 02:15 PM
    Not to be negative but you have to cut some folks some slack being impatient (like myself). I feel as if I went from a build that was inadequate (1696 - [something like that]) to a build that was inadequate and now buggy (1710). I didn't have any blatantly obvious bugs evident in my first build update but had several in 1710 (ie. video and pic not showing up after taken, cursor issues, apps crashing, etc.). In my opinion, I feel as if I deserve the right to be impatient.
    I agree that RIM needs to provide updates for the PB in a timely manner My post was directed at the comment "All the OS updates have dried up and we are back in familiar territory with RIM devices." It has in reality been 8 days since an update. Im confident we will see another one shortly. Im not sure what the poster was expecting, daily OS updates?

We have to take into account that RIM isn't just going to do a build and post it up for us the same day. It needs to go through QA which at a minimum should take a few days before being pushed out the the general public.
    04-29-11 02:16 PM
    Hmm..so can anyone tell me if the browser issues (checkerboarding) is fixed in the 1710 update? If so can you upload a twitter or YouTube vid to show me? And please no "there is no checkerboarding comments" because I've demoed 4 different models on 1690 and they all had it and I've already linked a video of it on these forums. If the browsing is fixed then there is a very good chance ill pick one up..but if not then I'll steer clear..
    I still get the checkboarding when a webpage is loading. It goes away once the page has fully loaded, but it usually take a few seconds. It's slower than a normal computer in booting up web pages.
    Rickroller likes this.
    04-29-11 02:33 PM
    Another website has already stated that the bridge application and a new OS updated will be coming out and we should start to see them tonight and through the weekend ... Issues with BlackBerry Bridge? You’re Not Alone. RIM to Issue Fix By This Weekend… | BlackBerrySync.com - BlackBerry News and Reviews
    04-29-11 02:34 PM
    No wonder your company spends so much time doing updates to your software if that is the way you do math ... that would be 8 days since Thursday, not 10-11 days ... LOL
    Thursday - Day 1
    Friday - Day 2
    Sat - Day 3
    Sun - Day 4
    Mon - Day 5
    Tue - Day 6
    Wed - Day 7
    Thur - Day 8
    Fri - Day 9

Looks like you can't count too.
    04-29-11 02:38 PM
    I agree that RIM needs to provide updates for the PB in a timely manner My post was directed at the comment "All the OS updates have dried up and we are back in familiar territory with RIM devices." It has in reality been 8 days since an update. Im confident we will see another one shortly. Im not sure what the poster was expecting, daily OS updates?

We have to take into account that RIM isn't just going to do a build and post it up for us the same day. It needs to go through QA which at a minimum should take a few days before being pushed out the the general public.
    Ah, okay. I see what you were referring to. I guess I had already discarded that comment from my memory.

I also agree with your comment about putting any changes through QA should take at a minimum a few days, and I would say even weeks. But, and this is total speculation, I just have a feeling they've goofed and thrown in some old code along with the new (at least that is what I keep hoping is the case). Having improvements in some areas and complete regression in other areas that are completely unrelated seems a likely symptom of that (as I've witnessed being a developer myself). If that is the case, a simple "oops, we goofed! Download this update!" would suffice. Otherwise, it leaves me with a not-so-confident feeling in their QA department. That's where my impatience comes in..

I would have no issues getting a few 200-300mb updates in a matter of a week as long as it improved and didn't render the software unusable. Let's just hope it was an "oops", or at the least, they have whatever the issue is under control.

Only time will tell.. I just wish they'd hurry up about it.
    04-29-11 02:38 PM
    Day of release is day zero not one, 24 hours after release time is then day one, there it is now 8 days or you a year old the day you are born as well ... good try though ... LOL
    04-29-11 02:42 PM
    Day of release is day zero not one, 24 hours after release time is then day one, there it is now 8 days or you a year old the day you are born as well ... good try though ... LOL
    you talking to your self, seems that way...

So a week starts Sunday.. do you go around and say it is Day "0" ?
    04-29-11 02:47 PM
    seriously guys? Not a huge deal the number of days. How about we go with "about a week" lol
    The update will come when its tested and ready.
    piper975, bbquincar and breakstuff like this.
    04-29-11 02:54 PM
    8, 10,11, that's not the issue. RIM is getting a free pass still since it hasn't been long.

Will the comminity in general give a free pass a month from now? Two?

Remember, RIM and its apologists have all sworn that the playbook isn't the storm. So RIM, prove it isn't.

I remember week after week with a clunky busted s1 of hearing about that gold code that would make it the device we all wanted it to be. Never materialized.

The reason RIM stock just plunged 11% isn't because they scaled back their earnings forecast (again)... That rarely causes even half that drop.

It plunged because RIM keeps saying it has changed- much like an apologetic bad spouse- but still isn't proving it has. .

04-29-11 02:57 PM
    8, 10,11, that's not the issue. RIM is getting a free pass still since it hasn't been long.

Will the comminity in general give a free pass a month from now? Two?

Remember, the RIM and its apologists have all sworn that the playbook isn't the storm. So RIM, prove it isn't.

I remember week after week with a clunky busted s1 of bearing about that gold code that would make it the device we all wanted it to be. Never materialized.

The reason RIM stock just plunged 11% isn't because they scaled back their earnings forecast (again)... That rarely causes even half that drop.

It plunged because RIM keeps saying it has changed- much like an apologetic bad spouse- but still isn't proving it has. .

I am seeing that now that they haven't changed at all. I expected there would be an update at least early this week with all these issues.

But they seem to rather have people running it with full of bugs...
    04-29-11 02:59 PM
    So we've gone from "Missing quarter 1" to "updates taking too long"?
    Whats the next complaint gonna be??? Theres no pleasing some of you.
    04-29-11 03:09 PM
    first its been exactly 10 days since release, April 19th to April 29th...that's wasn't that hard to figure out. second, i run 1710 and I'm not sure what checker boarding you are talking about? I haven't tried to upload a video to youtube but i uploaded a bunch of pictures to facebook with no issues.
    04-29-11 03:15 PM
    I hope battery issues get addressed.
    04-29-11 03:39 PM
    When I go to a new webpage (so it's not cached), as the page is loading, there is a blue progress bar that travels across the top of the playbook browser window. If I wait till the blue bar crosses the width of the screen, then it vanishes, and the page is loaded, at that point I can scroll up and down the webpage without any checkerboarding.

But if I start scrolling up or down on the page while the blue progress bar is still there, that's when the faint gray checkerboard pattern appears until that section of the webpage is finished loading.
    Rickroller and Heaterman61 like this.
    04-29-11 03:50 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD