I have searched the forums and maybe I am just blind but I every now and then get an unusual error "unsupported media file type" any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 09:53 PM
    i have the same problem
    03-16-09 10:07 PM
    yea i have it too. i always assumed that its because youtube allows different file types to be uploaded. they are all suppose to be converted to .flv (or so i thought) but obviously this isn't the case.

a few times, i have been able to back out and retry the video a few times and have it work...
    03-16-09 10:09 PM
    That was my solution. After some tweaking of my browser settings not working I decided to just sit in the media player just refreshing my browser. Takes a couple of tries sometimes but that seemed to work and get that nasty error to go away.
    03-17-09 09:02 AM
    I received this problem a lot when not using youtube with the official blackberry browser. Once I changed I got the problem a lot less.

03-17-09 10:40 AM
    well, all i have (for now) is the official blackberry browser...and i still get the error relatively often. does anyone run the actual YouTube app on their Pearl? my wife has it on her Curve but i have never really browsed YouTube to see if she has the error like i do. it's only on about 1 out of 10 videos i get it...but it can be nagging when you really wanna see a video and have to give up when 4-5 refreshes don't help...
    03-17-09 05:22 PM
    I've given up trying. No matter what I get an error message

03-17-09 06:18 PM
    You guys are trying m.youtube.com right?
    03-17-09 07:24 PM
    i am using m.youtube
    03-17-09 07:50 PM
    i haven't...i've always went to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.. but i'll try m.youtube.com when i try again...
    03-17-09 07:57 PM
    ive got a problem with youtube mobile as well
    when ever i click on a video it goes to the media player and NOTHING happens, no loading in the corner of the screen, error message, nothing, i just brings up the media player and thats all
    i have tried loads of things, adjusting the internet settings, tried it with media boost on and off, switched the phone on and off and done a battery pull and nothing works
    does any one have any further advice they can offer me???
    03-18-09 06:02 AM
    Same issues. Blackberry gets a huge thumbs down from me so far. I got 12 more days to return it. If it doesnt get any better I will!
    05-12-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD