When your pearl is in your pocket does it go into "holster" mode?

whilst on the subject, how does it recognise that's in a holster?
    08-18-08 03:44 AM
    No, if it's just in your pocket it will not think it's holstered. The OEM holsters have magnets in them, and your berry goes into holster mode when near the magnets. If you have the pocket sleeve for your pearl that will put in into holster mode because it has the proximity magnet.
    08-18-08 03:56 AM
    When your pearl is in your pocket does it go into "holster" mode?

whilst on the subject, how does it recognise that's in a holster?
    Not unless your pants are magnetized...

The blackberry has a reed switch in the housing that is activated by a magnet in the case/holster which effectively engages "Sleep" mode.

(Thanks for the laugh hehe...hope I helped ya out)

Dm
    08-18-08 09:34 AM
    Hehe... Magnetized pants...
    08-18-08 09:43 AM
    actually i have a small leather man on my keys and it has and does go into holster mode, cause the bits have been magnetized....
    08-18-08 10:06 AM
    A pocket is not a Holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 07:07 PM
    No, if it's just in your pocket it will not think it's holstered. The OEM holsters have magnets in them, and your berry goes into holster mode when near the magnets. If you have the pocket sleeve for your pearl that will put in into holster mode because it has the proximity magnet.
    That is so cool! I had no idea, I guess I'll be going to my original blackberry case then.
    08-18-08 07:17 PM
    You never want to pocket a Berry. They tend to get dust behind the screen and you can't get it out...
    08-18-08 07:19 PM
    I can't seem to keep mine in its case. Lol so it goes out and in my pocket all the time.

Lindaga35

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD