I am new to YouMail but am having a couple of problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1) I am signed up to receive text messages from YouMail when I get a new message, but have not received any to date. I never even received the initial registration text, I had to call the number to verify. I use text messaging extensively and have an unlimited plan so I don�t think that there is anything that I am doing wrong on my end. Any suggestions?

2) The YouMail visual voicemail plus application will only connect and "sync" my messages when I have an active wi-fi connection on my phone. After messages are downloaded to my phone they work perfectly. I have changed all permissions for the app to "Allow." I reset my phone multiple times and uninstalled/reinstalled the app as well. I tried the various Connection Type settings to no avail. (I have been able to get the VyMail app to work but prefer the YM plus app. Using VyMail I had to change the connection to "BIS" in order for it to work correctly, but it does work just fine with OR without a wifi connection.) Everything about the YM plus app works perfectly when I have a wi-fi, but I just cant get it to work on an EDGE connection. (The interesting thing to me this is that if I "Upload Contacts" with OR without a wifi connection it does complete successfully.) Any suggestions?

Here are all of my phone details that I can think of:
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    Phone: Pearl 8120
    BES: None
    VyMail: 0.8.3.5
    YouMail: 0.95.7

Thanks!!!
    04-10-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD