okay guys - just bought a pearl..in pink of course

ive had LGs forever with verizon and i thought they were the greatest thing ever...until i got a blackberry.

so basically why im posting is...

I NEED HELP!!

I've figured most things out..only thing im still workin on is downloading themes and getting them to work on my pearl. oh and making mp3s into ringtones. i mean i have an idea and ive tried to do both but still not gettin anywhere.

anyway - if someone could explain stuff to me it'd be way cool. haha thanks!
    Last edited by messyjessy; 07-24-08 at 11:02 PM.
    07-24-08 10:56 PM
    At the top of this site is a section called Newbies. There is a wealth of newbie info there.
    07-24-08 11:10 PM
    congrats on your new phone and welcome to CB!

Could you be more specific about the themes and ringtones? What have you tried and where are you running into problems?
    07-24-08 11:11 PM
    welcome to CB ok lets start with the themes first off you need to install plazmic theme reader for that you can do a search. and then you will be able to download and install themes via desktop manager or OTA (over the air) and about the ringtones just look at the top page and click on ringtones i usually have mine e-mailed to my blackberry and save them there's are plenty of great ring tones right here on CB i get mine here and there are other places if i am wrong about something please feel free to correct me i hope i was some type of help
    07-24-08 11:14 PM
    On the themes - i wanted to buy a theme but instead looked on a site that had free ones too just to make sure i could get them to work. I got one downloaded and used the application loader and it wouldnt let me add it. it told me there was a XLM syntax error on line 4?

im sure theres a post somewhere on this site about this stuff i jus havent looked around much yet
    07-24-08 11:16 PM
    oh! thanks! now where do i get this theme reader ? hehe sorry for all the probably very dumb questions!
    07-24-08 11:18 PM
    Welcome to CB, you'll love it here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 11:18 PM
    okay i found the theme reader and all - any special version i have to download for 8130?
    07-24-08 11:20 PM
    Hello and welcome, messy!
    07-25-08 07:07 AM
    thats for damn sure
    07-25-08 07:10 AM
    Welcome to CB!!
    07-25-08 07:38 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    07-25-08 09:06 AM
    I don't think you need to install the theme reader, actually. I think the older Pearls did need to, but the 8130s have a newer OS pre-installed that comes with the reader already. Mine did, anyway.

When you tried to install the theme, did you select the ALX file or the COD? The ALX is the one you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 01:11 AM
    Welcome to your new addiction
    07-27-08 01:46 AM
    welcome to CB and their are no dumb questions.
    07-27-08 07:39 AM
    yay! figured out themes! but now the damn thing doesnt work! and nope! didnt need to install plazmic just had to update something off the network site and it worked!
    07-27-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD