ok i finnally gave up. my phone went to a white screen and rebooted and never stopped allllllllllll day i could not use it at all.i battery pulled 5 or 6 times. it gave me an error message. it just dont work. this is so not for me im sure someone could fix this thing but in the drawer it goes. bought a samsung gravity. i just need a a phone that works... period.soooooo if anyone wants an almost new blackerry pearl flip 8220 let me know ill sell it cheap as it is of no use to me.ill miss having it because when it worked it was awesome but i just cant rely on it.
    11-10-09 07:46 AM
    I understand how you feel as I had the 8220 myself. I liked the phone a lot but it did have its issues. Don't give up on BB's though. I went to a Curve 8900 and I love it. It's a much more stable device. I don't know what your situation is right now, but if you can get a hold of either the 8900 or the new 9700, then I'd go with that. Of course there are a lot of other devices out there right now that are pretty interesting (spent the last 10 days checking out a MyTouch) but I just got tired of trying to type on the on-screen keyboard. The device itself was nice but I just didn't like typing on it much and my 8900's camera is way nicer. In the end, I choose the Blackberry because I could just get things done faster all the way around.
    11-10-09 08:40 AM
    Alll you had to do was reload the os >.>.
    11-10-09 08:42 AM
    ok i finnally gave up. my phone went to a white screen and rebooted and never stopped allllllllllll day i could not use it at all.i battery pulled 5 or 6 times. it gave me an error message. it just dont work. this is so not for me im sure someone could fix this thing but in the drawer it goes. bought a samsung gravity. i just need a a phone that works... period.soooooo if anyone wants an almost new blackerry pearl flip 8220 let me know ill sell it cheap as it is of no use to me.ill miss having it because when it worked it was awesome but i just cant rely on it.
    Ah, that's too bad, weird, I've had 2 Flips and didn't have any issues at all with them (knocking on wood). bkhsgirl, did you do an OS upgrade? You might have a corrupted OS, try it, you never know, do the online update via blackberry.com I find that works the best.

Good luck!
    11-10-09 09:41 AM
    If your still looking to sell send me a pm with a price. I toasted my wifes last week. Long story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 10:53 AM
    ihave no idea how to reload an os...i just dont want to do this anymore...maybe all the reloading and updating are just not for me . i just want a phone i can just use and not worry. ill ask my hubby how much he wants me to get for it i will sell it for sure... kinda missing it today though .lol i really did like it when it worked.
    11-10-09 11:23 AM
    ihave no idea how to reload an os...i just dont want to do this anymore...maybe all the reloading and updating are just not for me . i just want a phone i can just use and not worry. ill ask my hubby how much he wants me to get for it i will sell it for sure... kinda missing it today though .lol i really did like it when it worked.
    It's really not that hard, what's your OS version? (Options/About..)

Go here, pretty straight forward.

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Give it a try, what have you got to lose besides time and if you get it working, it's a great phone and you won't have to fiddle around with it for awhile.
    11-10-09 01:56 PM
    What do you want for it?
    11-10-09 05:55 PM
    if there is a way to fix this i do want it... missing it very bad.... but i dont think you guys understand. ok it does nothing.white screen... lil clock that goes around and around .. then red light and does nothing. cant go to any menu or and thing at all when i plug it up to its lil usb cord to connect to the desk top manager it does nothing at alllllllll.if someone can tell me what to do from there i would be so so happy.
    11-12-09 06:12 AM
    Had the same exact issue with mine. I'd pull the phone and see that white screen and asked myself the same question. Can I just have a phone that works?

Bought it at Walmart but took it to T-Mobile and since it had a one year warranty I just had to send it back. New phone works great.
    11-12-09 10:14 PM
    flip phones and bberry don't mesh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 10:16 PM
    Call 611, your phone has a 1 year warranty.

Or you can send it here: PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices
    Last edited by david9962000; 11-13-09 at 08:40 AM.
    11-13-09 08:36 AM
    I've had the same issue with my flip. I did all the trouble shooting steps with my service provider when none of those seemed to solve the problem they exchanged for another device.
    11-14-09 06:03 PM
    I love my 8230 flip and I haven't had a problem out of it since I have had it. **knocks on wood** lol
    11-14-09 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD