I'm having some issues and it seems to have started once I linked my yahoo email account to my blackberry. My password was being changed about 2-3 times a day. I thought maybe it was a virus on my computer, BUT I made a new email account and linked it to my blackberry....the password was later changed that day. I went back to my old email account and now that is fine. I removed the new email account from my blackberry and now that is also fine. I'm thinking this is a bug on the blackberry and really has nothing to do with my personal computer.

Please help...
    08-20-09 11:04 PM
    Not possible.
    08-20-09 11:06 PM
    Then how is it possible that both of the email accounts are fine now that they are not linked to my blackberry?
    08-20-09 11:11 PM
    You can not change your password from your BB. If the BB changed the password how did you figure out the password after the BB changed it?
    08-20-09 11:16 PM
    Yes. I haven't heard about this.. BB never changes password of your mail account. It must be your PC or mail issue..
    08-21-09 01:15 AM
    Is your password changing, or are you finding you have to enter it. As the previous posters said, your Pearl cannot change the password, but if you delete your cookies, you will have to enter it again.
    08-21-09 04:51 AM
    haha...I know because I would get a notification from Blackberry to update my password that it was no longer linked...also, I know my password is changed once I try to log in from a computer....also, I get a notification to my backup email stating that my password was changed.
    08-21-09 06:36 AM
    I don't think your lying Blair. Something very odd is going on. To change your password takes a lot of entries, is it being reset somehow, like your requesting it because you lost it?

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:43 AM
    That is what is so weird...it's just very odd. It's not like that I forgot it, it just says invalid password and then I answer the security questions to change it back. I thought if it was a hacker that they would change everything, but never did. This is so confusing. I'm about to get rid of my Blackberry, cause obviously it has something to do with that. Both emails have been fine for the last 24 hours.
    08-21-09 07:55 AM
    If no one else comes along with a solution, I'll research it when I get home this evening. This is nothing I've ever heard of before, and there has to be an explanation. You've got a good device there, though there might be a quirky setting on it that's causing this.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

08-21-09 08:06 AM
    Thanks...I really appreciate your help...even if you can't come up with a solution. It's just very frustrating.
    08-21-09 09:02 AM
    Who is your service provider? And do you use a computter to access your email settings I know cdma companies use a website to control the settings instead of the BB email settings (envelope with a gear) .. If you do there is a problem with the bes./biz and you'll need your data support from your service provider. I had the same problem with my yahoo and some other email accounts. What they will do is wipe your email settings back to square one. Another possible fix is delete the email out of the account change your yahoo password on the yahoo page. Put yahoo account back on... Pull battery and request service books .

08-21-09 09:10 AM
    Thanks for looking at this for me, and especially for Blair.

The Keeper of the Knowledge to find those with it.

08-21-09 09:14 AM
    Thanks I will try that even though I have no idea what any of that means. haha...but I'm smart and will figure it out.
    08-21-09 11:11 AM
    Sorry was on phone had to short form lol

08-21-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD