I just got the 8230 flip for my wife. and so far, she loves it. I have a storm and I think I want her phone!!
    I was wondering if there is a way to get the phone to open a word document from an email. She has a Gmail account on her phone and wants to open an attached word document in an email. but she gets a message that says it cant be opened.
    Do I need to get an app to be able to do this?
    10-10-09 10:41 AM
    Documents To Go should already be installed on the phone. Look in the phone's Applications folder for an icon with a small blue square that says "DOC" on it; also one with a green "XLS" and one with a red "PPT" on it. If those aren't there, connect up to Desktop Manager by USB cable and use the Application Loader to load Documents To Go on the phone.

If you can't open the document by any means, even on a desktop PC, then the file is probably corrupt.
    10-10-09 07:03 PM
    What he said.

Plus, you should know that the default Docs2Go on the 82xx is somewhat limited as to what it can view. For instance, tables in a .doc will not show up, nor will you be able to open .pdf files. A frankly exorbitant upgrade to Premium will give you better functionality.
    10-11-09 10:31 AM
    Try downloading the attachment to the phone then start DocsToGo and open it locally. Do you have the full BB plan? If so, verify you have the Attachment Service installed. You can also try and use Google and their Docs platform to decode word or excel files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD