Hello,

I recently purchased a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and just bought a 4 GB micro disk to increase my memory, however, my BlackBerry doesn't recognize the memory card. When I go into the Advanced Options and Media card it says "A media card is not presently inserted in the device." When I go to the options menu, format card is not even an option. And I've tried to turn off the Mass Storage Mode and saved it and gone back into the Media Card options to format, but it is still not an option. Does anybody know why the media card is not being seen by my BlackBerry? I've heard that a software update would possibly need to be downloaded but haven't been able to find where that would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Kudos! Thanks!
    11-17-08 09:43 PM
    Be sure you have inserted it fully and correct side up. You will feel it click.
    11-17-08 09:47 PM
    y error message was a bit different, but try this. Go to options, then media card and then while you are in that screen, press the blackberry button to the left of the trackball and you should see the option "Format Card". Highlight that option and continue from there....it took care of my issue and I believe it will yours as well. Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by ChrisZ925; 11-18-08 at 09:04 PM.
    11-18-08 09:01 PM
    Have you upgraded to the 4.5 OS version? Previous versions do not support the MicroSDHC cards like the 4.5. If you need to upgrade head over to BlackBerry and download the latest version.
    11-18-08 11:53 PM
    I am having the same issue. I just got a brand new replacement phone - inserted the media card and it worked for a couple of hours and since then the phone says ' a media card is not presently inserted in the device' but the card is definitely in there. I have taken it out and put back in several times with no luck. I really hope someone here has some ideas to try.

Thanks
    11-19-08 07:14 PM
    8100 supports 4gb if you have 4.5 OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD