Ok, so i upgraded to the new pearl OS and now my phone wont charge on my AC home charger and when i plug it into the comp it says USB device not recognized and that it has malfunctioned. I tried restarting my comp and doing a battery pull and nothing!

What can i do?????
    12-03-08 12:11 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I ended up using the insurance on my phone and got a new one. But I believe mine was the usb port it was just getting harder and harder to charge and connect to the pc. And then finally one day it would not do either.

With tours I would try using the jl comander and wipe it the try reinstalling you OS before you get a new one.

Does your pc recognize it for a split second? Look in the blackberry 101 on in bricking a BB. There is a way to to get it connected

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 12:44 PM
    OK, i went to ATT, they said its the charger conectors, apparently im missing teeth. So i got a new curve instead.

But my pearl is only a few weeks old, got it from warranty. and i want to fix it. i saw that there are some places where i can get BB parts and attempt to fix it my self. anyone have any luck with mechanically fixing their own BB?
    12-09-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD