Hey guys I have a question that's been rolling around in my head for a few weeks.

I use my 8100 as a modem to get online on my computer at home. Got the instructions on how to do that here in the forums and it works great. However, I'm running on desktop manager version 4.2.2.14(!) Is it possible for me to get the newest version of the software using my phone as a modem?

I haven't tried yet b/c i'm scared of frying my phone. When thinking about it, I realize that my computer will have to delete the older version of desktop manager before it can install the newer version. But I have to have it running in order to be connected to the internet. Seems like a bit of a stalemate.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?
    03-23-09 04:52 PM
    It's a huge file, but until you execute the download, there wouldn't be any conflict. I'd start the download before bed, and pray it's done in the morning. Then you can disconnect your BB, uninstall the 4.2 and install the 4.6. Do not download 4.7, it's unnecessary, and will be a hassle when upgrading. Also, don't bother with the Media Manager. It makes the download much larger, and not needed anyway.
    03-23-09 11:12 PM
    Wow sounds like some good times. I'll give it a try tonight before I go to bed and see what happens. Thanks for the input Wolf!
    03-24-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD