Can anyone tell me what the Wireless Upgrade does under Advanced Options??
    I do not recall having that before I upgraded to 4.5, does anyone know what this does??

Thanks!!!
    Laurie
    10-27-08 06:54 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the Wireless Upgrade does under Advanced Options??
    I do not recall having that before I upgraded to 4.5, does anyone know what this does??

Thanks!!!
    Laurie
    Thanks for asking this question...I'd like to know myself. I noticed this after I upgraded today also.

I, too, will be waiting for someone with an answer.
    10-27-08 07:12 PM
    The wireless upgrade option is to update the phone's OS over the air. But I think it only works over BES, but I'm not sure...
    10-27-08 07:31 PM
    Thanks for asking this question...I'd like to know myself. I noticed this after I upgraded today also.

I, too, will be waiting for someone with an answer.
    Did you get the Docstogo app and icon when you upgraded?? I did not and also have Alltel and the Pearl 8130??
    10-27-08 07:32 PM
    I got the Docstogo app as well, I have Alltel. Anybody installed it yet?
    10-27-08 08:57 PM
    Did you get the Docstogo app and icon when you upgraded?? I did not and also have Alltel and the Pearl 8130??
    The Docs to Go folder didn't automatically appear. After I upgraded, I re-connected to DM and went to the application loader. I had to select it there for it to be installed.

I only found this out when my Facebook icon disappeared during the upgrade. I went to the app loader to remove it so I could re-install it. That's when I found that Docs to Go was there, so I added it.

Hope that helps you.
    10-28-08 05:38 AM
    The Docs to Go folder didn't automatically appear. After I upgraded, I re-connected to DM and went to the application loader. I had to select it there for it to be installed.

I only found this out when my Facebook icon disappeared during the upgrade. I went to the app loader to remove it so I could re-install it. That's when I found that Docs to Go was there, so I added it.

Hope that helps you.
    Thanks for your reply, it did help!!!

Laurie
    10-28-08 08:23 AM
    Beware, Docs to Go is a serious memory hog with major memory leak issues. At least it was for me. Good luck! (Alltel 8130)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 09:37 AM

Hope that helps you.
    I knew it! I could not for the life of me figure out what was missing when I upgraded. I just couldn't remember that my Facebook icon was not there. I'll probably reinstall the Facebook app and then remove DocsToGo.

I can send picture texts, video texts, etc. now. I am so excited!!!
    10-28-08 10:39 AM
    I knew it! I could not for the life of me figure out what was missing when I upgraded. I just couldn't remember that my Facebook icon was not there. I'll probably reinstall the Facebook app and then remove DocsToGo.

I can send picture texts, video texts, etc. now. I am so excited!!!
    Too funny! It took me a while to figure out too.
    10-28-08 07:01 PM
    General phone use seems to be a bit speedier too.
    10-28-08 07:54 PM
    To get back on topic, I don't have the "wireless upgrade" option in my advanced options section. Maybe because I am on the BIS and not BES.
    10-29-08 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD