I got a new BB and am selling my Pearl.

I am going to do the Options>Security>General Settings, hit BB button and select "Wipe handheld" to get rid of all the info on it.

My number is already switched over to the new device. I'm on, I believe, a CDMA (NO SIM CARD) carrier.

My question; do I need to do anything to the phone I am selling to make sure my txts don't go to the old phone?

Thanks in advance!
    11-03-09 09:39 AM
    I got a new BB and am selling my Pearl.

I am going to do the Options>Security>General Settings, hit BB button and select "Wipe handheld" to get rid of all the info on it.

My number is already switched over to the new device. I'm on, I believe, a CDMA (NO SIM CARD) carrier.

My question; do I need to do anything to the phone I am selling to make sure my txts don't go to the old phone?

Thanks in advance!
    once the person puts the phone on there account all texts will stop the only way to guarantee at moment is to have the phone reprogrammed back to factory settings which has to be done in store because you need the lock code for it. if the phones are in the same area and there both on, both will get the text messages.
    11-03-09 08:36 PM
    As long as your phone number is switched over to the new phone, your old phone which you are trying to sell will no longer receive your text messages, due to it not having a number attached to it .
    11-03-09 11:10 PM
    As long as your phone number is switched over to the new phone, your old phone which you are trying to sell will no longer receive your text messages, due to it not having a number attached to it .
    that is incorrect.. with cdma the phone number is programmed into the phone, if both phones are on in the same area both phones will receive the text. When we program new phones we turn there old phones off because of this reason.
    11-04-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD