I currently have a samsung glyde. I have a regular calling plan with unlimited texting (I dont have internet browsing). just like everyone else with a glyde, the screen is broken, so I am looking for a new phone to get, if I bought a used blackberry (probably pearl, because its small).

Could I set that as my phone instead of my glyde?
    Would it automaticly jack up my price?
    Would it even work?

If it is possible, are there any pros/cons to having a BB without a data plan?

Thanx
    05-15-09 01:36 PM
    Yes you can activate it but you will have to get a data plan either $30 or $45 and it does automatically populate it.
    05-15-09 02:11 PM
    Yes you can activate it but you will have to get a data plan either $30 or $45 and it does automatically populate it.
    ^^^ is not 100% correct.

if the VZW phone uses A SIM card - the only provider as of right now that does not force you to have a data package is T-Mobile. IF it doesn't use a SIM card, every provider out there forces on it on the customer.
    05-15-09 02:38 PM
    Some people have reported being able to talk a Verizon rep into not adding the data plan to a Blackberry but don�t count on it.

Verizon phones do not use SIM cards. Only a few international models and the Storm have a SIM card slot but they are for use abroad unless you unlock the phone.
    05-16-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD